MAC flyer in the mail

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a MAC fold out flyer in the mail that said...

"You and a friend are warmly invited to an exclusive viewing of MAC Naturally Eccentric- our new fall colours. For one night only, see how nature and the joys of self expression knit and twine together in this extraordinary collection. Get a new look from a MAC artist. This is an evening to enjoy. Follow your whims...Please join us"

It says to RSVP by August 17th by calling the number, but it doesn't say if it costs anything. On the site, the "event" isn't listed. Its for the MAC PRO store in SF.

Anyone ever been invited to any of their events of this type? I am already going to a seminar a few days after this event so I don't know whether or not I should attend.

P.S. I am finally on their list! Hopefully I will start getting their postcards in the mail too.

Can you ring and ask if they're gonna charge Marisol before saying if you'll go or not? If they are, then i wouldnt bother going considering you'll be going to an event a few days later. YAY for you that you're on the list though!

I didn't get one!!!
frown.gif
Wonder how I get on their "list" ...
wink.gif

Although most of their PRO events are held in NYC - which is a pain... so I would probably rarely go anyway... but still - it's the whole principle !!
wink.gif

Have fun if you go - and I'd call & see what they charge (if they do) maybe its another one that is refundable in product?

I think that I am going to call and see if they charge. If they don't, then maybe I will go.

Originally Posted by Marisol I think that I am going to call and see if they charge. If they don't, then maybe I will go. cool! let us know
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol

I got a MAC fold out flyer in the mail that said...
"You and a friend are warmly invited to an exclusive viewing of MAC Naturally Eccentric- our new fall colours. For one night only, see how nature and the joys of self expression knit and twine together in this extraordinary collection. Get a new look from a MAC artist. This is an evening to enjoy. Follow your whims...Please join us"

It says to RSVP by August 17th by calling the number, but it doesn't say if it costs anything. On the site, the "event" isn't listed. Its for the MAC PRO store in SF.

Anyone ever been invited to any of their events of this type? I am already going to a seminar a few days after this event so I don't know whether or not I should attend.

P.S. I am finally on their list! Hopefully I will start getting their postcards in the mail too.

You should Scan it up and upload it
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I got a MAC fold out flyer in the mail that said...

I never get ANYTHING! GRR! i checked at the MAC store and my address is on file.. wahh.. no fair! i want a flyer!

Well, I got something from them today... little fold out booklet - don't know if it's the same as you got.
icon_wink.gif
This looks like the same Booklet I got when I first signed up with PRO -

I called the store today and the MA told me that this event is something that they recently started. There aren't going to be make-overs but they will be showing the new collection (Naturally Eccentric). She said that it was going to be like a party (open bar and catered) and that the press was going to be there (SF Gate, Chronicle, etc). They are going to have a red carpet and models with the new looks. So, after hearing all this, I RSVPed for two since I asked my friend if she would go with me. I can't wait. Sounds like its going to be exciting and no pressure to buy stuff.

Originally Posted by Marisol I called the store today and the MA told me that this event is something that they recently started. There aren't going to be make-overs but they will be showing the new collection (Naturally Eccentric). She said that it was going to be like a party (open bar and catered) and that the press was going to be there (SF Gate, Chronicle, etc). They are going to have a red carpet and models with the new looks. So, after hearing all this, I RSVPed for two since I asked my friend if she would go with me. I can't wait. Sounds like its going to be exciting and no pressure to buy stuff. wow, that's SO cool! i wonder who gets invited and how people get chosen.

Originally Posted by Jennifer wow, that's SO cool! i wonder who gets invited and how people get chosen. She said that it was for "good" customers however, I don't think I spend quite as much as others. However, they do have my name on file and maybe they track my purchases that way. In the past few months, I know that I have spent $500+.
icon_redface.gif

Oh yea, you should go Marisol! They have those events here at the Pro Store in LA too -- basically a social mixer event where you drink cocktails and check out the new launch. I haven't gone to one yet, but I hear that it's pretty cool.
smile.gif

Tomorrow is the day! Yay! I cannot wait. I am meeting up with a few people from LJ and will post pics. I am making my friend take her digi cam.

Sounds like lots of fun. I hope you have a good time and take pics if you can.

What a night! It was so much fun! My friend and I arrived at the MAC PRO store at 6:45pm and waited til they opened the store. We were one of the first 20 people in and when we walked in there, we got a NE booklet that has all the looks and also a shopping list. My fave MA Naomi was working so I chatted with her for a bit. Then my friend and I headed towards the back of the store for some free booze (courtesy of Bacardi) and food. They had a rockin' DJ who was playing awesome music (electronica mostly) and the people that were there were so friendly. Basically, you could go from station to station and you could get your make-up done. My friend had her eyes done three times (she wanted to try different looks) and I got mine done once by Naomi. My friend took pics of our looks so hopefully I can get the pictures from her on Saturday. I was going to buy some stuff but they were sold out of a lot of things (not any NE products but Lustrevision and some fluidlines). I wasn't too upset since I am going to the seminar on Saturday. I did get to meet some people from LJ - Risa (son_risa) and Claudia (smalls777). I didn't get too talk to them for too long since there were a lot of people there. So at about 9:55 pm,my friend and I hiked it back to my car. Our feet were killing us and we looked fab! I had such a great time and I hope to be invited to the next event.

Latest posts

Back