Mac lip liners rec

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What Mac lip liners would you recommend as a must have? Which one goes pretty much with every pinkish muavish and brownish colors? Thank you guys in advance for your help.

Thanks Marisol, I ordered them
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Mariposa I like Spice and Whirl.

Originally Posted by lilla Thanks Marisol, I ordered them
biggrin.gif
If you like MAC lustreglasses, try Whirl with Sinnamon. I absolutely love it.

Thank you Trisha, I ordered Dervish also just to try it out. I will also make an order from Stila to try the lip glaze liners. I can't pass it out when you say it is better in your opinion
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I also want to try some pencil eyeliners. Mac or Stila, Which one would you recommend?

Originally Posted by Trisha From MAC, Dervish, I used to wear this with everything! Now i only use the Stila Glaze Lip Liners (i really think they are a better liner), and I find myself using Rose with all my different pink l/g and l/s! x

Okay woman
biggrin.gif
I don't know what lustreglasses are... Maybe because I only use lipsticks.

Marisol and Trisha and everyone,

I recently bought some Chantecaille lipsticks. They have very creamy and nice feeling. Which brand lipsticks would you guys recommend? Can you guys tell I bought a new train case and getting some new makeup for it
wink.gif
I didn't realize some of my eyeliners were too old!!!!

Originally Posted by Mariposa If you like MAC lustreglasses, try Whirl with Sinnamon. I absolutely love it.

Originally Posted by lilla Okay woman
biggrin.gif
I don't know what lustreglasses are... Maybe because I only use lipsticks. Lustreglasses are from MAC. Here is how they are described on the website:
Two high-powered effects - Lustre and Glass - in one new lip finish, and a collection of 12 extraordinary shades. This amazing ornamental finish shines the lips with hi-shine overlaid with various tones of pearlized glaze. Beyond sexy. Transcends all known shine.

I find that they aren't as sticky as the Lipglass. I really like them. If you are looking for eyeliners, I am not one for pencils (too clumsy) but I like MAC's Fluidlines. They are gel liners and really eay to use and best of all, they stay on all day.

From MAC's website:

Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof†with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes.

A lot of us here bought them and absolutely like them. I think that Trisha has the entire line so she can tell you all about them too.

Thanks for the info, I am gonna have to check them out. I will be broke but will have lots of goodies
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Mariposa Lustreglasses are from MAC. Here is how they are described on the website:
Two high-powered effects - Lustre and Glass - in one new lip finish, and a collection of 12 extraordinary shades. This amazing ornamental finish shines the lips with hi-shine overlaid with various tones of pearlized glaze. Beyond sexy. Transcends all known shine.

I find that they aren't as sticky as the Lipglass. I really like them. If you are looking for eyeliners, I am not one for pencils (too clumsy) but I like MAC's Fluidlines. They are gel liners and really eay to use and best of all, they stay on all day.

From MAC's website:

Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof†with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes.

A lot of us here bought them and absolutely like them. I think that Trisha has the entire line so she can tell you all about them too.

Hey Lilla, can I add to the madness?
wink.gif
Spice is one of those staple MAC lipliners that I use ALL the time. I also like Subculture for a nude lip.

Marisol, I love Sinammon lustreglass too -- it goes on so much smoother than lipglass and isn't nearly as sticky!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Marisol, I love Sinammon lustreglass too -- it goes on so much smoother than lipglass and isn't nearly as sticky! I use it when I want a simple look or if I want to bring out my eyes with bolder colors.

Joy, of course you can, the more the better for me
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I couldn't wait for 8-10 days regular shipping so payed extra for 2 day shipping. I can't wait
biggrin.gif
I am going to check out the lustreglass with my next order.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Hey Lilla, can I add to the madness?
wink.gif
Spice is one of those staple MAC lipliners that I use ALL the time. I also like Subculture for a nude lip.
Marisol, I love Sinammon lustreglass too -- it goes on so much smoother than lipglass and isn't nearly as sticky!

Have to say I'm loving the glaze liners too. Much softer and less drying than other liners I've used, plus because the colour is more subtle it doesn't look too bad when it's worn off.

Thanks Trisha, I ordered some Mac Powerpoint and some kohls. Thanks for the advise and great info
smile.gif
I also ordered "Sky Blue" e/s from Mac pro store in Las Vegas. Can't wait to get them...

Originally Posted by Trisha Lilla, I like Powerpoint pencils from MAC (meant to be longer lasting), some of the kohls from MAC (esp Minted!!), and Stila Convertible Eye, which is a 3-in-1 product, liner, shadow, and smudger in one, so convenient to take out! x
st_S08A_200.jpg

Thanks Leah, I ordered Rose, Brick, and Pink from Stila lipliners. Which colours do you have? I am just trying to get some ideas
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell Have to say I'm loving the glaze liners too. Much softer and less drying than other liners I've used, plus because the colour is more subtle it doesn't look too bad when it's worn off.

I want to live near you Trisha
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Lea has Fuschia (she bought it from me today!! LOL!)
I have Rose (my absolute fave l/l ever!!), Nude & Melon xx

That would be so much fun
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yea Trisha, when are you going to come out to Los Angeles for makeup school??
wink.gif

I vote for spice and whirl too! But Whirl is a lot better for me as a natural liner than Spice IMHO.

Originally Posted by Mariposa I like Spice and Whirl.

Originally Posted by Trisha Lea has Fuschia (she bought it from me today!! LOL!)
I have Rose (my absolute fave l/l ever!!), Nude & Melon xx

As Trisha says, I've got Fuschia which really makes my bright pink glazes stand out. I'd also like to get melon, and plum, and Trisha's saving a pink one for me next time they're in stock.
Trisha, I still have pucker lip rouge on my hand from yesterday even though I've had a bath and tried to get it off with my olay cleansing wipes. If it stays this long on my hands I might need to get some!

Latest posts

Back