MAC madame b haul!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i finally made it to the mac counter this afternoon. this is one of those times where im really sad that i dont have a camera!

i got:

metamorph e/s

meadowland e/s

pollen e/s

garden lustreglass

love nectar lustreglass

and petal lure luster formula l/s

metamorph and meadowland are kind of similar to some shades i already have (i have about 30 or so green shadows and pigments) but theyre so pretty. pollen went so well with them that i had to have it too.

i traded in some empties for the petal lure l/s. i intended to get profusion, but i figured i could get that any old time, and petal lure is LE or might be out next time i went in.

i also tested out the new fluid line e/l and it seems nice. it doesnt budge and was actually a little difficult to remove. i probably would have gotten it in black (total impulse buy!) but they were all out. i really dont need any more black liners anyway.

the MA was wearing a really fun combo of meadowland, pink papillon and plum, in that order, in 1/3 increments of the lid. ill have to try that out some time. i dont usually use three colors on just the lid, and when i do, i dont go so crazy with the contrasting colors.

i think you might need pollen. lol. i have a ton of HL colors too, but i *needed* it. lol. its along the same lines as vex. not the same color, but you know what i mean?

11th
icon_eek.gif
*gulp*!! I'm only just getting my 2nd soon but saying that i have some still in pot form too.. Oh i could only dream of 11
icon_lol.gif

Sounds like a great haul Jasmine. I haven't seen any proper pics of Madame B yet so i can't picture what you bought but you sure did buy a lot!!

oh guys, im sorry you have to wait so long! i cant remember the last time i bought so much from one collection.

11 15 pans? im telling BF about this right now so he doesnt think im such a nut. lol. he says "thats a lot." lol. i need to get a few more. my mom picked up some for me at king of prussia mall (totally amazing mall in PA. youd just faint.) but ive since filled them.

Well, I got my Mad. B. stuff in the mail and I was kinda mad. I LOVE fluidline in Blacktrack, it's great. It stayed on the enitre day and I lined my waterline with it and it didn't run! I am so excited! I got Metamorph, which is pretty, but it looks like something I have already from the drugstore, I THOUGHT it was going to be neon green like a chartreuse, but it wasn't. The Madame B. lippie.. I thought was the one in the photograph on the model, but it turned out not to be that either! It was totally different. ... so when I go to see Gail tomorrow, I have to ask the MA what lipstick it was and exchange.
icon_confused.gif

At least you can exchange it Scarlette. We're never allowed exchange anything in Ireland unless the item is still sealed & we have a receipt. I love the way ye guys can try it once or something then bring it back.. Enjoy your shopping trip today & try & take some pics so you can post them here
biggrin.gif

i felt great yesterday. i got so many compliments on my meadowland/metamorph/pollen combo. a little old lady told me that i looked like a movie star. hee hee. my gay guy friend (who i swear is straight in most aspects) commented on my mu for the frist time in years.

scarlette, im glad you can take your stuff back and exchange.
smile.gif
i did some playing around last night, and metamorph is *very* close in color to jane millionaire. metamorph has more of a frosty texture and silver sheen, while millionaire has mirco shimmer and more of a silk/matte texture. other than that, theyre so close i cant believe it. its also very close to mac melody. melody is a diff texture of course, and its a touch darker.

petal lure is the l/s thats light pink and sheerish. monarch is the one thats very similar to dainty cake. its so close that i didnt get it because im not totally sold on wearing highly frosted l/s.

Latest posts

Back