MAC pro longwear lipcolor

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,Idid a mini mac haul yesterday with my best friend,

I got aquadisiac,shimmermoss,electric eel,and a prolongwear lipcolor in Femme forever.Now the MAC girl raved about how well it lasted and how to apply it,but she felled to mention how to get it off,cause now my lips are purple
icon_redface.gif

Has anyone had a good experience with this stuff?what colors would you recommend?and how the hell does this stuff come off!lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by charms23 Great haul, Gwendolyn! I bought a pro longwear lipcolor when it first came out and I was really unsatisfied - but I guess that's just me. It didn't really stay on me but maybe I didn't something wrong with the process. But anyway, to get it off you could probably use a makeup remover that is also safe for lips.
Well the lady said to leave it on for two min to dry and not to put on any lip liner.she said once the two min was up to put the gloss on,it did last i tell you that much,but i dont like my lips feeling dry.It was an impulse buy,gotta hate those.I think I'm better off with mac glosses,i never have a prob with them.I'm am going to return this longwear and just get two more shadows
biggrin.gif
win win situation!

Originally Posted by charms23 Oh, so that's why! The MA didn't tell me how to properly apply it
icon_cry.gif
and now I used it for B2M...I'm so sad! Don't return it, I just didn't do it right, that's all. Dont worry girl your not missing anything,this stuff sucks!!!I still cant get it off my lip,and its this 80's looking purple(its suppose to be pink by the way) and my lips are dry,and they are never dry.I want to go to the mall now,but im not going with a purple ring around my lips.yuck
icon_sad.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

my cousin tried it on once when we went to the counter together and she said it was very drying. i would've bought one, but i didn't like any of the colors.

i tried it and swiped it on my hand. it wouldn't come off when i wiped it off. i didn't know what it was or what it was supposed to do. i used one of their face wipes or their makeup remover stuff.

Originally Posted by Liz i tried it and swiped it on my hand. it wouldn't come off when i wiped it off. i didn't know what it was or what it was supposed to do. i used one of their face wipes or their makeup remover stuff.

Just came back from the mall and i returned that sucka
icon_twisted.gif
Funny how i went in to return one thing and then i came out with three things
biggrin.gif
I got A fibre rich mascara,tilt es,and juxt es.My birthday isnt here yet but ive been racking up presents.
wink.gif
Gotta love MAC:icon_love

I have read that long-lasting lip colors can be removed with baby oil or just straight mineral oil.

Originally Posted by nydoll23

Just came back from the mall and i returned that sucka
icon_twisted.gif
Funny how i went in to return one thing and then i came out with three things
biggrin.gif
I got A fibre rich mascara,tilt es,and juxt es.My birthday isnt here yet but ive been racking up presents.
wink.gif
Gotta love MAC:icon_love

hehe yay! i do that all of the time! i like fibre rich and juxt. don't have tilt though
icon_eek.gif
shocker, huh. lol

Originally Posted by charms23 Well that's what MAC can do to you...sometimes I avoid the counter completely when I'm at the mall cause otherwise I'm gonna have all these impulse purchases. Iknow,its so dangerous to go in there with your credit cards. I start with one shadow,then i think to myself well that will go great with this shadow,and ooh love that lipgloss,then, do i need mascara?By that time its OVER,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_eek.gif

Nice haul, love shimmermoss
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey guys,Idid a mini mac haul yesterday with my best friend,
I got aquadisiac,shimmermoss,electric eel,and a prolongwear lipcolor in Femme forever.Now the MAC girl raved about how well it lasted and how to apply it,but she felled to mention how to get it off,cause now my lips are purple
icon_redface.gif

Has anyone had a good experience with this stuff?what colors would you recommend?and how the hell does this stuff come off!lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the help.

Great haul Doll!
smile.gif
I love tilt... so pretty! I wear it with Deep Truth.
wink.gif

Were you at the R.F. MAC? I need to go back there! lol
wink.gif

Yea, I've gotten mixed reviews from customers on this product. Advice I have is:

1) Use a lip conditioner before applying to prevent dryness.

2) Only apply the color once (color first, let it dry and then top it off with the gloss). You can re-apply the gloss, but don't reapply the actual color throughout the day. The pigment is so dense, it will build up. If you need more color, just take it all off and start again.

3) Make sure you don't rub your lips together. Friction will break down the color and you'll get little chunks of pigment on your lips. This is a good rule of thumb for lipsticks in general but especially important for long lasting formulas.

4) At the end of the day, you can remove Pro Longwear with wipes or Cleanse Off Oil (the latter I love, because it takes off my eye makeup too!)

can you wear other glosses to reapply over the color instead of the one that's on the thing?

Originally Posted by Liz can you wear other glosses to reapply over the color instead of the one that's on the thing? They sell other glosses that attach to it but nothing spectacular,just shimmer to put over,but I guess im not really that used to wearing dry lipsticks ,im a gloss fanatic.Plus the prolong dosent have the greatest selectionof colors.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Great haul Doll!
smile.gif
I love tilt... so pretty! I wear it with Deep Truth.
wink.gif

Were you at the R.F. MAC? I need to go back there! lol
wink.gif

Yep,love roosevelt field,maybe a little too much
icon_twisted.gif
Im going back thurs night.I was going to return juxt,i have a shadow from BE thats just like it,so id rather get a new color from mac,gotta check out deep truth,thanks Janelle.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back