Mac Pro Question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have to be a makeup artist, or makeup student to be a pro member on the website?
confused.gif

Hiya MAra, i dont think we'd met each other yet so HI! I'm Laura from Ireland. As far as i know, you have to be a make-up artist (freelance or otherwise) and have proof of it to be a pro member. However if you work in the hair/beauty industry i think you may be able to become a member aswell because i know Janelle (a mod on here) became one a few weeks back and i think she got it because she's a qualified hairdresser.

Hopefully the other girls can help you out with your question
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Hiya MAra, i dont think we'd met each other yet so HI! I'm Laura from Ireland. As far as i know, you have to be a make-up artist (freelance or otherwise) and have proof of it to be a pro member. However if you work in the hair/beauty industry i think you may be able to become a member aswell because i know Janelle (a mod on here) became one a few weeks back and i think she got it because she's a qualified hairdresser.
Hopefully the other girls can help you out with your question
biggrin.gif

Hey Laura, nice to meet you.. I'm from San Francisco, thanks for filling me in before I tried to sign up and make a big goof of myself lol, and all I wanted was access to all those pigments without having to go all the way to the pro store..lol but oh well, thats okay! hehe

LOL! Dont worry about it.. Have you ever tried eBay for pigments? I bought a set of 10 samples from one seller before for something like $25. Its really good if you wanna just try out the shadow before buying the bigger version.

I always look through ebay for full-size pigments but they're rare or overpriced, and I never get the samples because they're like little teases lol

I know some sellers are known for giving teeny weeny samples but one seller who is a member on another beauty board gives great sized samples and at fair prices. Her name is kanachan on eBay. You should check out her auctions. I get about 30 uses or more out of 1 sample.

Just dropping in to welcome you to MuT, Mara!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
claps.gif
I love my PRO card - it's paid for itself 100 times over!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey ,welcome to mut!!!The pro card rocks,and i agree with janelle it does pay for it self over and over again!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Shes lovely! Shes the girl who CP's for me! Never had a problem with her, shes a darling x Aw really Trish? I didnt know that. She's doing my Stila CP for me!! *giggles*

Originally Posted by Laura Aw really Trish? I didnt know that. She's doing my Stila CP for me!! *giggles* So which e/s did you pick?!

Here's my list at the moment but i've to narrow it down to 11!

Mystic

Kitten

Icon

Barefoot

Jezebel

Oasis

Icon

Latte

Summer

Peacock

Pillow

Clover

Jade

(i knocked Diamond Lil off because i heard its very very simliar to Shu ME Silver 945)

Originally Posted by Laura Here's my list at the moment but i've to narrow it down to 11!
Mystic

Kitten

Icon

Barefoot

Jezebel

Oasis

Icon

Latte

Summer

Peacock

Pillow

Clover

Jade

(i knocked Diamond Lil off because i heard its very very simliar to Shu ME Silver 945)

Cool list!How comes only 11??

Coz i'm getting an 8 pan & already have a 4pan with 1 e/s in it! Are there any on there that you'd think i dont need?? I forgot to add another 3 colours to that list so i really need to narrow it down now. I'm getting Amethyst, Poise & Viola

nice list laura! i can't wait till the 8th when igo to valley fair. i hope i don't need some kinds of code or something.

hi mara! welcome to mut! i'm liz from california. how far from the pro store do you live?? i just went there the other day
smile.gif
hehe

To Janelle, Nydoll23 and Liz, thanks for welcoming me, I love how all the moderators on this board are so friendly
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz nice list laura! i can't wait till the 8th when igo to valley fair. i hope i don't need some kinds of code or something.
hi mara! welcome to mut! i'm liz from california. how far from the pro store do you live?? i just went there the other day
smile.gif
hehe

I live about 5 miles away I think, hehe not really far at all

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hi mara, I'm a little lit in welcoming you...hope it's ok. I'm Charmaine from Massachusetts and I hope to read more of your posts!
smile.gif
Hi Charmaine, it's never too late for a welcome
smile.gif
thanks!
..im off to see war of the worlds with my dad in downtown, I hope my dad offers to buy me something from Sephora.. lol

We sound like The Brady Bunch!

And Trisha, you're a complete STAR for narrowing down my list more. Thanks dudette
biggrin.gif

Hi mAra! nice to meet you! I've been thinking about getting MAC Pro membership, but I don't know if I use enough MAC to be worth it. You can download their application form here

http://www.macpro.com/templates/user/enrollment.tmpl

This is what the application says about who can apply:

CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBLE PROFESSIONS

Make-up Artist, Aesthetician, Cosmetologist, Performer/On-air Talent, Fashion Stylist/Costume Designer, Photographer, Model, Hairstylist, Nail Technician

PROFESSIONAL IDENTIFICATION

A copy of photo identification and two pieces of professional criteria must be included with the application and membership fee. Examples of professional identification:

Composite Card

Business Card with name and specific profession

Editorial Page with name credit

Union Card

Head Shot & Résumé

Professional License

Diploma/Certificate

Publication Masthead

Program/Press Materials w/name

Contract on production company letterhead

Crew/Call list on prod. co. letterhead

Professional letter of reference of employment

Required identification must be current, indicate your name and specific profession.

All identification will be destroyed after processing and will not be returned to you.

Latest posts

Back