MAC seminar and haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all-

I just got home from the best event that I have ever attended. I went to my first MAC seminar @ Nordstrom and I had the best time. I was a bit anxious about attending because I wasn't sure what the vibe would be like. Let me tell you, everyone that was there was so down to earth and just so freaking nice. There were about 15 people (all girls) and there were all types of ages and styles. The seminar was given by Victor Cembellin who is awesome. To me, he is a cross between Justin Timberlake and Sean Hayes (Jack on Will & Grace). Not looks wise, but he was just so funny and personable. Attached is a picture of him.

The seminar lasted 2.5 hours and I wish it had lasted a lot more. He asked three girls to be his models - one for skin, one for eyes & one for lips. He showed us different techniques and ways to use the different products. He showed us how to use the stick foundation, bronzes, the new duo blushes, and so many more things. I wrote some tips down so I will type them up later and post them. I ended up getting so many things that I felt like it was Christmas. If you ever have an opportunity to attend a MAC seminar, I highly recommend it.

On to the haul:

MAC l/s - Viva Glam V

MAC e/s - Freshwater

MAC e/s - Vapour

MAC e/s - Cork (I got this one for free because I was the only one that knew what MAC stood for. Whoo hoo!!)

MAC e/l - Eye Kohl in Fascinating

MAC Cream Color Base - Hush

MAC eye brush - 224 Tapered Blending Brush

MAC brush - 252 Large Shader Brush

MAC Brush Cleaner

MAC Bulk Wipes

MAC Strobe Cream

MAC Fix +

I also got 5... yes, 5 Viva Glam postcards that included their new spokesmodel Pamela Anderson, Missy Elliot, Christina Aguilera, Linda Evangelista and Chloe Sevigny.

Off to read the rest of the posts as I am coming down from my MAC high...

wink.gif

The two pictures are of my MAC haul and the other is of the MAC senior artist.

you´re KILLING me!!!!!
icon_smile.gif

you have to tell me how you can get into one of these seminars? do you need a pro card for that? I´m wondering if we even have these over here

but anyway, GREAT haul!!! and the MA looks really cool, I bet that was a great experience. hope I get to do that too one day

The seminar sounds like it was fun. And it's always great to pick up new tips.

Fab haul too!!

Oh my god.. *mouth drops open* that sounds like every girls heaven Marisol! How did you get an invite to that? I can't wait to see the tips you wrote down. And hello, that HAUL. Holy cow!

Daaaaaaamn Marisol!!! Wow! I think thats all I can say right now... WOW.
icon_eek.gif
Now were those products free? I remember you saying that you had to pay a $50 fee for the seminar & that you get it back in product... was that all from your fee? Seems like a lot of stuff there! LOL I think you'll like the Fix+ spray... its nice... and Can't wait to read your tips!!

Scarlette... she had posted about it earlier... in one of her haul threads -

"I also wondered into Tower Records and bought the new John Legend CD (which so far rocks) and the new Lucky magazine. I was going to go to Michael's but decided to behave. While I was at MAC, I signed up for a MAC seminar on March 31st where Victor C (one of their artist) will be giving a seminar on the spring looks. You have to pay $50 but you get it back in product. I am so excited! Not a shabby Saturday after all."

http://makeuptalk.com/forums/showthr...hlight=seminar<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Originally Posted by Arielle you´re KILLING me!!!!!
icon_smile.gif
you have to tell me how you can get into one of these seminars? do you need a pro card for that? I´m wondering if we even have these over here

but anyway, GREAT haul!!! and the MA looks really cool, I bet that was a great experience. hope I get to do that too one day

Nop,e you don't need a pro card at all. Its for customers. Check your local counters and see if they have one coming up.

Originally Posted by Scarlette Sorry if I am blind.. but did you post the place where this was held? I totally would have gone! It was at the Nordstrom in Corte Madera. They are having another seminar at the end of April. You should call them and see what the date is and who the MA will be. I think it is going to be $40.

Originally Posted by Laura Oh my god.. *mouth drops open* that sounds like every girls heaven Marisol! How did you get an invite to that? I can't wait to see the tips you wrote down. And hello, that HAUL. Holy cow! You are so funny Laura. It just happened that I was at the MAC counter last week and the MA that I usually talk to told me about it so I signed up. It was so much fun!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Daaaaaaamn Marisol!!! Wow! I think thats all I can say right now... WOW.
icon_eek.gif
Now were those products free? I remember you saying that you had to pay a $50 fee for the seminar & that you get it back in product... was that all from your fee? Seems like a lot of stuff there! LOL I think you'll like the Fix+ spray... its nice... and Can't wait to read your tips!!

Scarlette... she had posted about it earlier... in one of her haul threads -

"I also wondered into Tower Records and bought the new John Legend CD (which so far rocks) and the new Lucky magazine. I was going to go to Michael's but decided to behave. While I was at MAC, I signed up for a MAC seminar on March 31st where Victor C (one of their artist) will be giving a seminar on the spring looks. You have to pay $50 but you get it back in product. I am so excited! Not a shabby Saturday after all."

http://makeuptalk.com/forums/showthr...hlight=seminar<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

After I selected everything that I wanted, they rung up my items and discounted the $50. I think I spent about $200 overall but its worth it.
icon_redface.gif

I went to a Next @ Nordstrom event with MAC last summer it was so great. Oh my gosh. I loved it and had a great time. Yes, everyone if you can, attend one... it's a must.

Latest posts

Back