MAC Seminar today

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In less than 6 hours, I will be going to the MAC PRO store in SF for my one on one Tips & Techniques seminar. YAY! When I spoke to the MA earlier this week, I told her that I wanted to concentrate on my eyes. She said that she would show me how to do 3 different looks (Daytime, smokey, evening) and that she would do a face chart for each. I will let you know what I end up getting tonight.

4_1_108.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol In less than 6 hours, I will be going to the MAC PRO store in SF for my one on one Tips & Techniques seminar. YAY! When I spoke to the MA earlier this week, I told her that I wanted to concentrate on my eyes. She said that she would show me how to do 3 different looks (Daytime, smokey, evening) and that she would do a face chart for each. I will let you know what I end up getting tonight.
4_1_108.gif

Good for you Marisol,how exciting.I hope you have a great time and learn some good tricks!!!!Let me know how it goes sweetie!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hope you have a fantastic time, I'm sure you will those things are always so much fun.

Wish Mac would do seminars and events for their new collections over here.

Originally Posted by Trisha Me too, we get one a year over here and they arent even that good (ive never learnt anything from them)
Have a fab time Marisol, and buy me something!! j/k! x

One a year?? I went to one in Cardiff last year and never heard about anything else since that one, must say I had quite a bit of fun and ended up buying quite a bit.

How do you find out about them? I've never heard about them doing one in London, wish I had known about the one in Brum I would have gone up for it.

Does anybody come in and host them?? or just the MA's that work in that store?? As the one in Cardiff I went too they had 2 people come in from Mac can't remember who now but they were really good, had soem really good advice and tips.

Aw wow! Hope you have a fab time girlie!

PS.. The money order went out in today's post for MAC Brew
biggrin.gif

Marisol that's fabulous! Take lots of pics!! We still have to figure out a day to do the SF MuT meet-up.

I am back and on a make-up high! I had such an awesome time. I got to the MAC Pro store at 6:45pm and they were getting ready to close the store. I was treated so nicely by everyone in the store. After I checked in, Naomi (the MA who I requested) came to greet me and showed me the station where we would be working at. After talking to her a bit, we started to play. She asked me what I wanted to do and I told her that I wanted to concentrate on the eyes. She ended up doing three different looks - one with purples, blues, yellows & reds. It came out fantastic. This look was the type that I would wear when going out on the town.

The second look was a smokey look. She used some purple & black shadows and also some piggies. It looked awesome! Definately something that I would recreate and I didn't look like I had a black eye. The last look was my fave! It was pinks/purples and peaches. This is the one I liked the most. She did a face chart for all of them so I am going to borrow my friends digital camera and will post them here later for all of you to see. Aftetr 2.5 hours, I was done with my third look and realized that I was the last customer left. I was having too much fun with Naomi to even notice.

Here is a list of all that I got:

Goldbit e/s

Beauty Marked e/s

Gorgeous Gold e/s

Parfait Amour e/s

Bagatelle e/s

Cobalt e/s

Red Violet e/s

Shale e/s

Print e/s

Smolder eye kohl

Powder Blush - Cheek

Love Nectar lustreglass

15 e/s pan pro palette

Pigment samples: Blue brown (looks great with a smokey eye), Bright Fuschia & Pink Bronze.

I was going to so soma B2M but she suggested that I wait for the new collection in July because those lippies would be limited edition.

If any of you ever get the opportunity to attend a seminar like this, its definately a MUST.

23_30_104.gif

Originally Posted by Laura PS.. The money order went out in today's post for MAC Brew
biggrin.gif
Will be going to the post office tomorrow to send your lippie. Was so busy at work I never got a chance to make it to the post office.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Marisol that's fabulous! Take lots of pics!! We still have to figure out a day to do the SF MuT meet-up. Definately! I walked around Union Street before going into MAC and they have some awesome stores there.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Well sounds like you had a really great time, I'm glad! Lucky you that you also had an awesome ma. Nice haul too! Thanks Charmaine! I told them that I was going to be back on July 4th. My friend and I are taking her mom to get a make-over. Actually, they are both getting make-overs and I am going to buy whatever I didn't get a chance to buy today.
icon_redface.gif

I'm interested to see those face charts Marisol! I love the sound to all three of those looks and I definitely want to recreate them myself
smile.gif

If only MAC offered Seminars here. *sigh* I don't even think there is a MAC PRO store within decent driving distance. *shaking angry fists at the Makeup Gods*

Originally Posted by Marisol In less than 6 hours, I will be going to the MAC PRO store in SF for my one on one Tips & Techniques seminar. YAY! When I spoke to the MA earlier this week, I told her that I wanted to concentrate on my eyes. She said that she would show me how to do 3 different looks (Daytime, smokey, evening) and that she would do a face chart for each. I will let you know what I end up getting tonight.
4_1_108.gif

Originally Posted by divadee62 If only MAC offered Seminars here. *sigh* I don't even think there is a MAC PRO store within decent driving distance. *shaking angry fists at the Makeup Gods* If you have a free standing store near you, they might do these types of seminars. Call them and you never know. There are only a few MAC Pro stores in the world. I am lucky enough to live by one.

Originally Posted by Marisol I am back and on a make-up high! I had such an awesome time. If any of you ever get the opportunity to attend a seminar like this, its definately a MUST.

After all the recent talk here on MUT about customer service, it's awesome to hear that you had so much fun tonight!
Terrific haul too! I love it when I get a new 15 pan.
wink.gif

I'm not even fortunate enough to have a free-standing near me.
frown.gif
Mississippi only recently got it's one and only MAC counter in Jackson. My next vacatio, I'm going to make a point of finding a MAC Pro counter and hopefully catching something there!

Originally Posted by Marisol If you have a free standing store near you, they might do these types of seminars. Call them and you never know. There are only a few MAC Pro stores in the world. I am lucky enough to live by one.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux After all the recent talk here on MUT about customer service, it's awesome to hear that you had so much fun tonight! Terrific haul too! I love it when I get a new 15 pan.
wink.gif
I know... I can't wait to fill it up.

Originally Posted by Trisha Me too, we get one a year over here and they arent even that good (ive never learnt anything from them)
Have a fab time Marisol, and buy me something!! j/k! x

I think you went to something different than Marisol's seminar... did you go to one of the Master classes taught by a MAC trainer and senior artist/industry MA? What was the topic?

Originally Posted by divadee62 I'm not even fortunate enough to have a free-standing near me.
frown.gif
Mississippi only recently got it's one and only MAC counter in Jackson. My next vacatio, I'm going to make a point of finding a MAC Pro counter and hopefully catching something there! That is too bad. Here is a list of the MAC PRO locations. Hopefully you are near one soon!
New York City, New York

Los Angeles, California

San Francisco, California

Miami Beach, Florida

Las Vegas, Nevada

Orlando, Florida

Latest posts

Back