Mac Studio Fix Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone has tried or uses mac studio fix, because i want to try it, i have acne prone skin, and some macules(like the redness scars left over) and its very hard to cover up, i use bare minerals but i find it makes my pores loooook reallllllllllly big, and I don't like the shine it gives me i look shiney when i have just put it on, i was just wondering if studiofix is a powder, if its easy to apply, and if it has really good coverage, and if it would work for my complexion i am VERY VERY fair i use the lightest foundations of every brand, also if it looks matte and natural which i would like,oh and if you could explain to me how you apply it plz thanks! xoxo chelsea~

oh and i am also open to other foundation suggestions preferably ones available at department stores or sephora

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 i was just wondering if anyone has tried or uses mac studio fix, because i want to try it, i have acne prone skin, and some macules(like the redness scars left over) and its very hard to cover up, i use bare minerals but i find it makes my pores loooook reallllllllllly big, and I don't like the shine it gives me i look shiney when i have just put it on, i was just wondering if studiofix is a powder, if its easy to apply, and if it has really good coverage, and if it would work for my complexion i am VERY VERY fair i use the lightest foundations of every brand, also if it looks matte and natural which i would like,oh and if you could explain to me how you apply it plz thanks! xoxo chelsea~oh and i am also open to other foundation suggestions preferably ones available at department stores or sephora

icon_surprised.gif
Oh don't buy it!! It's useless!! I bought it 1 year ago and it was a disaster!!I have acne like you but not to much and my skin is sensitive!!This product is not a foundation I don't know why it's calling a foundation! It's only a powder with good coverage!That's why I bought it in first place!I used it for two months and suddently my face was starting to have a sensitivity to that product also made my face looked very dull. Also it broke and when I puted that in my bag it was a completely mess!! I suggest you not to buy any of Mac foundations!! Today a Stila make up artist try on my face Stila's Pivotal Skin!! I really loved it!Nice coverage without being to much,I had no badly allergic reactions to that foundations and it was good with my oily skin!!The package is like powder's packaging with mirror and inside there is a spoge and if you squiz it the foundation comes up!!It's far better than Mac's Studio Fix!
icon_wink.gif

ARgh! I use it! I love it!
claps.gif
No problem here! and i have acne prone skin too! I think, that maybe they changed the formula. I am on compact #3 with no problems!Im NW20.. I also apply with a brush.. no spongey thing!

Honestly I am not a fan of MAC foundation. I have tried Hyperreal, Studio Tech, Studio Fix, MoistureBlend, Full Coverage, Face and Body, Blot.....pretty much everything. Each one made me break-out horribly. I agree with your opinion on Bare Minerals as well. It really enhanced my pores and also made me break-out.

Currently I use DiorSkin, and I like it. But, I am always open to try a newer better product. I just got the LORAC oil-free, we'll see how that works out.

Good Luck on your search and let me know if you find something fabulous!

i have no idea wat to try because i need something with really good coverage, but i dont want it to look or feel masky, i thought the bare minerals was perfect until i noticed HOW big my pores were hmm i might try a dior product or bobbi brown

I broke out MAJORLY from Studio Fix! Not just zits but also the red, irritated skin. It was horrible.

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 i was just wondering if anyone has tried or uses mac studio fix, because i want to try it, i have acne prone skin, and some macules(like the redness scars left over) and its very hard to cover up, i use bare minerals but i find it makes my pores loooook reallllllllllly big, and I don't like the shine it gives me i look shiney when i have just put it on, i was just wondering if studiofix is a powder, if its easy to apply, and if it has really good coverage, and if it would work for my complexion i am VERY VERY fair i use the lightest foundations of every brand, also if it looks matte and natural which i would like,oh and if you could explain to me how you apply it plz thanks! xoxo chelsea~oh and i am also open to other foundation suggestions preferably ones available at department stores or sephora

Studio Fix is the most popular MAC foundation (and I honestly haven't gotten many complaints from customers about breakouts). I'd try it, as it does give good coverage with a matte finish. And you can surely find a color match, because there is a wide selection. My favorite MAC foundation for coverage, however, is Studio Tech with a loose powder to set.
Ask your MAC MU to give you a sample of Tech, so you can try it at home and see how your skin does. (You can't really sample Studio Fix b/c it's a powder).

Originally Posted by wongy74 Studiofix doesn't break me out. I like it a lot!
icon_biggrin.gif
yes but does it give good coverage????

I have super sensitive/acne prone skin and I love studio fix. I use MAC liduid foundation and then MAC Studio fix over that and I have no problems. Great Coverage that way. I have scars and huge pores as well.

Chelle- I have broken capillaries on my face.. and the studio fix covers it nicely, without that maskey look..

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 yes but does it give good coverage???? I use it too and it does give awesome coverage. Your best bet is to get a sample and see how your skin handles it.

Latest posts

Back