magazines

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what are some of your favorite magazines?

mine are...

• allure, of course (i subscribe)
  • glamour (besides the constant sex talk, it can be interesting)
  • fitness (i subscribe)
  • shape
  • cosmopolitan (too much sex there, too)

• Budget Living
  • In Style
  • UK Vogue
  • Elle
  • All You
  • Redbook (I know I'm a 30-something now)
  • Shop Etc.
  • Lucky
  • Marie Claire
And sometimes Allure, but they're mostly beauty related so I'm over it & probably won't renew my subscription.

Allure

Cosmopolitan

Marie Claire

Glamour

US

InStyle

In Touch

People

Lucky

Spin

Rolling Stone

Latina

icon_redface.gif

I subscribe to Redbook, Reader's Digest, and PC World -- a weird combination for a 23-year-old girl, I know! lol

Even though the child-raising articles in Redbook don't apply to me, I do enjoy the other articles (even the sex articles since they're geared toward married woman, instead of singles like Cosmo
wink.gif
) and the recipes! (We tried the Mexican Chicken Soup and Green Chile Quesodillas 2 or 3 issues ago and we loved it!) Plus I grew up reading my mom's Reader's Digest!
smile.gif

1. PC Magazine
  2. Maximum PC
  3. PC World
  4. Windows Magazine
  5. Geek sqaud
  6. Byte
  7. Mobile PC

lol

Originally Posted by Jennifer

what are some of your favorite magazines?
    mine are...
    • allure, of course (i subscribe)
    • glamour (besides the constant sex talk, it can be interesting)
    • fitness (i subscribe)
    • shape
    • cosmopolitan (too much sex there, too)

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) [*]PC Magazine

[*]Maximum PC

[*]PC World

[*]Windows Magazine

[*]Geek sqaud

[*]Byte

[*]Mobile PC

lol

Do I sense a THEME here, Tony?! LOL

I read tons of mags... here are a few -

1. Cosmopolitan (Subscribe)

2. Glamour (Subscribe)

3. Allure (Subscribe)

4. Fitness (Subscribe)

5. Star (good reads & great crossword puzzle! LOL)

6. Life & Style

7. In Touch

8. Complete Woman

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Maximum PC I initially glanced & thought it said MAXIM.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I initially glanced & thought it said MAXIM. That's what is inside the Maximum PC - so it LOOKS like he's reading a PC mag!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha You're giving away his secrets!
tongue.gif
I'll MOD up the new "Spill All' forum! LOL
wink.gif

Good question! And BTW Jennifer I agree with you on the sex issue!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Subscribe:

• Allure
  • Lucky
  • Figure
Other faves:
  • US
  • People
  • In Style
  • Shop Etc.
  • In Touch
  • Glamour
  • Redbook

My three faves are Z!NK, Allure & the Makeup Artist Magazine (I have links for 'em in my notepad). If you love edgy, avant-garde makeup, try to find a rack that carries Z!NK. It's my absolute favorite!

OMG, I LOVE Z!NK! I haven't seen it on the newstand lately, but need to subscribe. That magazine ROCKS when it comes to phenomenal photos.

I really only like Allure and Lucky. LOVE!

I read so much b/c of school that I don't want to spend my time reading about serious/world issues, etc. And I really don't care about the next high falutin', incredibly complicated new sex position, which by the time you get into the right position (if you can even figure it out), the guy's totally soft.

Most of Cosmo and other mag's sex stuff is just completely ridiculous to me. I mean, they have article about "What turns a man on," which consists of fifty guys telling the mag that they actually like hairy legs and they like soft skin and they like a deep, sexy voice and other ridiculous things. Granted, sometimes they have useful info but those times are few and far between IMO.

I usually read celeb gossip magazines like OK! & Now but i'm sure neither of them are available in the US so nobody probably knows what i'm on about
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura I usually read celeb gossip magazines like OK! & Now but i'm sure neither of them are available in the US so nobody probably knows what i'm on about
biggrin.gif
I used to be a fully-fledged disciple of "heat" magazinebut I seem to have grown out of it.

My every month must haves are:

InStyle

Glamour (the UK one is a really cute handbag size)

New Woman

Empire

Total Film

I also get the Radio Times so I know what's on TV and the TES for work.

Originally Posted by Lealabell Glamour (the UK one is a really cute handbag size) yes! i loved how small they were!
what's z!nk? what's it mainly focused on?
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back