Mailing internationally question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

I had my mom mail a package to Singapore. The USPS said that "delivery confirmation" was not available on international mailings. And from where i live to Singapore would be an additional 7.50 for registered mail. Have you ever mailed a package that far and what did you do to make sure it got there?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hi!I had my mom mail a package to Singapore. The USPS said that "delivery confirmation" was not available on international mailings. And from where i live to Singapore would be an additional 7.50 for registered mail. Have you ever mailed a package that far and what did you do to make sure it got there?

Thanks!

I sent to Singapore not too long ago, and I think I just dropped it off at the PO. I don't think Singapore is as notorious for things getting lost in the mail as other countries. Using Priority mail makes me feel safer about sending stuff, but I don't if there is any guarantee. Buying insurance on the package might just be the next best option, but then you can only insure the declared value of the package.

oh! ok.. maybe tomorrow that is what i will just do.. Just drop it off. Its a swap and the person wants a DC number, which i can understand.. but as you can see from my original post, why i had to ask.

Ok i've shipped to Singapore a few times from Ireland and they've all got there fine (except for one) but i have to say i dont think its as safe as other countries. I did a Rimmel CP for a friend of mine & sent her almost $80 worth of products and it was robbed. We know that it landed in Singapore because she checked her PO but it never was delivered to her. I would get registered mail if i were you honey. Since then, i've been very weary about sending packages there. JMHO
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally I know when I've mailed things to ...Overseas (Laura ...Pauline) ..I can NOT get DC because it's not offered..had ONE guy tell me it would be there in 4 - 6 days ....and Laura can atest to that ..that it was a LOT longer! I think the only way to guarantee it is to pay the big $$$ otherwise just mail normally and it should get there w/o any problems. I was really surprised that to just register it, they wanted 7.50 I just dropped it in the mail. I hope it gets there.. i dont want this poor lady to think she was swaplifted.. thats so not cool.

IIRC - I was able to get a DC when I sent a package out to Laura...
icon_wink.gif
But it was like almost the entire price of just the shipping, & I didn't have much $ on me, so I let it go as is... luckily she got it -
smile.gif

You might also want to check out UPS or FedEx. Fed Ex you get a DC automatically... and sometimes it's not that bad in price, & for all the headache it saves, it is sometimes worth it!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 IIRC - I was able to get a DC when I sent a package out to Laura...
icon_wink.gif
But it was like almost the entire price of just the shipping, & I didn't have much $ on me, so I let it go as is... luckily she got it -
smile.gif
You might also want to check out UPS or FedEx. Fed Ex you get a DC automatically... and sometimes it's not that bad in price, & for all the headache it saves, it is sometimes worth it!
wink.gif

Good point! I asked the lady at the post office for DC, she said nope, i could register it though. I just thought it was weird. But, i am sure the package will arrive just fine.. hope, pray, rain dance, idol worship, whatever it takes! LOL!

Latest posts

Back