Make-up help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am starting highschool in 2weeks (well, 13days to be exact) and would like to go into highschool looking good. Can anyone almost make me over (with make-up)? I am white, with very slightly tanned skin, I have brown eyes, oval-round face, round eyes, eyebrows are thin, with a slight arch, pouty looking lips, oily and acne
icon_cry.gif
prone skin, mediumish long hair, medium brown with a little reddish tinge, blond highlights and redish lowlights, with face framing layers. If u have any more questions, or would like to get into detail with me, u can ask here, or u can private message me. Also, i will be getting contacts within the next year, and they will turn my eyes green, so i would appreciate it if u could tell me the colours for my brown eyes, and for my soon to be green eyes.

Thanks for your help in advance
icon_cheesygrin.gif
claps.gif

Megan

Originally Posted by horse_luver Hello everyone. I am starting highschool in 2weeks (well, 13days to be exact) and would like to go into highschool looking good. Can anyone almost make me over (with make-up)? I am white, with very slightly tanned skin, I have brown eyes, oval-round face, round eyes, eyebrows are thin, with a slight arch, pouty looking lips, oily and acne
icon_cry.gif
prone skin, mediumish long hair, medium brown with a little reddish tinge, blond highlights and redish lowlights, with face framing layers. If u have any more questions, or would like to get into detail with me, u can ask here, or u can private message me. Also, i will be getting contacts within the next year, and they will turn my eyes green, so i would appreciate it if u could tell me the colours for my brown eyes, and for my soon to be green eyes.
Thanks for your help in advance
icon_cheesygrin.gif
claps.gif

Megan

Are you going to be a freshman or a sophomore? As for makeup, I am going to be a senior this year, and I think that the younger girls at my school look best in simple, pretty makeup. Some girls at my school just pack it on, and I think it detracts from how pretty they naturally are. I think that about some older girls as well! With that said, I think that starting off with a sheer foundation or powder makes the rest of your makeup look cleaner. I am liking Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and Bare Minerals (well, sometimes....girls who use this know how finicky it can be sometimes...)I also reccommend blush, in a pinky or peach color. (you'd have to try this on to see which looks better on your skin tone) I love my wet'n'wild blush in Naive (salmon-y matte pink). Neutral eyeshadows are a great place to start if you don't wear eye makeup. Lots of girls on here like Stila Kitten, Starlight, MAC's Satin Taupe, Retrospeck and many others...Almost anything looks good on brown eyes (just check out Trisha's notepad!), and I like bronzey browns and plummy colors for my green eyes (I like Clinique's eyeshadow duo in Like Mink and Rimmel's eyeliner in Chianti.) I also use mascara everyday, I just feel girly with it...I like L'oreal Voluminous and Clinique High Impact. For lips, I'd just go glossy and/or shimmery in pink or peach...I like Clinique's Air Kiss, L'oreal ColourJuice in BubbleGum, and Rimmel's Snog.

I'm sure the other girls will jump in with more reccommendations for you!

ditto on the natural side of makeup. i've seen girls who wear one shade all over thier eyelid and it's not cute.

and don't do the white shimmery eye shadow all over. lol.

if you want something quick and make you look more awake and brighten up your face, choose a champagne-y shimmery beige shade. white is too harsh. you want something that a little different from your skin tone. and what you do is sweep it over your entire eye, maybe pack a little on on the lid.

don't pack on the foundation also. try a tinted moisturizer.

it's just high school, not the grammy awards
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz ditto on the natural side of makeup. i've seen girls who wear one shade all over thier eyelid and it's not cute. and don't do the white shimmery eye shadow all over. lol.

if you want something quick and make you look more awake and brighten up your face, choose a champagne-y shimmery beige shade. white is too harsh. you want something that a little different from your skin tone. and what you do is sweep it over your entire eye, maybe pack a little on on the lid.

don't pack on the foundation also. try a tinted moisturizer.

it's just high school, not the grammy awards
smile.gif

Amen to that! I see girls that do heavy white eyeshadow all the way up to the browbone, or a thick line of white eyeliner on the top lash...not flattering at all and looks a bit clownish. Thick, masky foundation looks good on NO ONE...use a tinted moisturizer (good idea, Liz) or a sheer foundation, then just use concealer on spots or undereyes

lol. i forgot about the white eye liner. how does that make anyone look good???

Originally Posted by Liz lol. i forgot about the white eye liner. how does that make anyone look good??? I only like white eyeliner on the lower inner rims, or maybe it smudged in the inner v for a makeshift highlighter, but otherwise, blech. On the top, especially in the thick line, it erases any definition, which is counteractive to the reason for most eye makeup; to define the eye.

Latest posts

Back