Makeup assignments...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
... i have 2 assignments to do for a makeup course i did last year, and i am in need of some help, so where better for me to ask than here!!

Assignment 1 - writing 1500 words on anything to do with makeup. I have no idea what to write about! The most obvious is how makeup has evolved, but i wanted to do something a little different, if possible!

Assignment 2 - designing a makeup kit! Basically, everything from scratch. I have a fair idea of what to include, but thought i'd ask for opinions here - and the products have to be available in the UK please!

Thanx so much!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Bhav ... i have 2 assignments to do for a makeup course i did last year, and i am in need of some help, so where better for me to ask than here!!
Assignment 1 - writing 1500 words on anything to do with makeup. I have no idea what to write about! The most obvious is how makeup has evolved, but i wanted to do something a little different, if possible!

Assignment 2 - designing a makeup kit! Basically, everything from scratch. I have a fair idea of what to include, but thought i'd ask for opinions here - and the products have to be available in the UK please!

Thanx so much!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Maybe something about different types of makeup, expensive and cheap brands, and how each are in quality... maybe do an experimental type essay and write your findings... I dunno - I'm like Trisha ... I like to have a topic beforehand to at least know what direction to go in...
redface.gif

Or why there is a need for makeup in the first place. (don't get me wrong, I love Makeup!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) As DUDE (
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) said, is it for selfesteem, is it because of men, do women feel they need to look pretty all the time (why?). That would be an essay I would love to read. I think that being a REALLY good MUA also means knowing exactly what women feel/want, and why they want it. Knowing this would also make you a much better "salesperson". Not only would you make the customer feel much better about themselves, but they will trust you and your judgements/recommendations much more. Do you guys know what I mean?

Regarding your makeup kit, I guess the basics are obvious: foundations, shadows, blushes, tools etc etc. Just make sure you have that UD primer on there!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally for the 1st one ..how about how it's evolved ...I mean the styles ..go for each decade! I like this idea. M/U has definitely been different throughout the years. It's just like clothing styles. M/U is just the same.

Originally Posted by Bhav ... i have 2 assignments to do for a makeup course i did last year, and i am in need of some help, so where better for me to ask than here!!

Assignment 2 - designing a makeup kit! Basically, everything from scratch. I have a fair idea of what to include, but thought i'd ask for o...pinions here - and the products have to be available in the UK please!

Thanx so much!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Kim's idea is cool! I would like to read about this. I think something like that teaches the different looks throughout the years that is helpful especially if you want to be an artist.

I like Kim's idea about how it has evolved. Plus, I have seen articles about this, so it would be fairly easy for you to get info on it.

I'm liking Destiny's idea.. Why is there a need for make up! Best of luck with your assigments Bhav

Originally Posted by Trisha What course are you doing? It sounds really interesting! I done a 4 week course at the London School of Beauty and Makeup in London. 2 weeks were basics, and the next 2 weeks were creative - where we had different MA's coming in and teaching us different techniques. Was really interesting and i did it because i know some companies want qualifications.

Thanx for the suggestions on the essay everyone! Now i need to decide what to write, and research it!

Destiny - i am DEFINITELY having UD Primer Potion in my kit - it is AMAZING stuff!!

For the first one, some things I'm wondering about are:

-how to best use makeup to your benefit - like what colors complement what skin tones/eye colors/hair colors, how to use makeup to make your face seen fuller/less full, things like that.

-differences/similarities between drugstore/high end brands - are you really getting your money's worth?

Latest posts

Back