Makeup Books

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody bought the new InStyle Getting Gorgeus book yet? How are other beauty books like Bobbi Brown, Frederick Frekkai and Kevin Aucoin? Are they worth the money to learn new tricks and how to create different looks?

Nope, haven't seen them yet. But I would imagine it would be better to borrow something like that from the library - those books cost so much and half the time you can read the entire thing standing in the bookstore... lol But they do have some good tips - but most of the books I've seen sometimes have a lot of the things that you would already know by watching tv, looking at other peoples' makeup, or reading magazines. I have yet to find the Holy Grail of makeup tips... but if you find it, be sure to let me know! lol.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Has anybody bought the new InStyle Getting Gorgeus book yet? How are other beauty books like Bobbi Brown, Frederick Frekkai and Kevin Aucoin? Are they worth the money to learn new tricks and how to create different looks? I got one of Kevyn Aucoin's books for Christmas, but since he died, i don't use it. I charish it too much.
icon_neutral.gif

I have the one by Kevin and yes I believe its worth the money. I just went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I went to the book for ideas. It really helped me apply my makeup and I must say it did look flawless ! LOL where if I didnt have the book I would have never had any idea on where to even start.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Has anybody bought the new InStyle Getting Gorgeus book yet? How are other beauty books like Bobbi Brown, Frederick Frekkai and Kevin Aucoin? Are they worth the money to learn new tricks and how to create different looks?

Originally Posted by shoediva I have the one by Kevin and yes I believe its worth the money. I just went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I went to the book for ideas. It really helped me apply my makeup and I must say it did look flawless ! LOL where if I didnt have the book I would have never had any idea on where to even start. Wow.. I didn't even to look in my book. I have it wrapped in plastic.
icon_neutral.gif
I will do that tonight. I am doing another wedding in November.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Has anybody bought the new InStyle Getting Gorgeus book yet? How are other beauty books like Bobbi Brown, Frederick Frekkai and Kevin Aucoin? Are they worth the money to learn new tricks and how to create different looks? I reeeeeeally have to start wearing my glasses when I'm on here, I saw this thread and though it said "Makeup Boobs".

LOL Harley!! Thats probably the same thing my hubby would have seen!!! LMAO!!

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 I reeeeeeally have to start wearing my glasses when I'm on here, I saw this thread and though it said "Makeup Boobs".

Hi Niki:

Do you do makeup for weddings? If so thats great. Until recently I didnt know what a demand there was for it. I also didnt know how lucrative it was. I have a few friends who are getting married and were looking around for a makeup artist. I believe consultations ranged from $50-100 and the actual makeup if you decide to hire them is $250 and up! I couldnt believe it!!! Makes me want to get in the business!

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki Wow.. I didn't even to look in my book. I have it wrapped in plastic.
icon_neutral.gif
I will do that tonight. I am doing another wedding in November.

Originally Posted by shoediva Hi Niki:
Do you do makeup for weddings? If so thats great. Until recently I didnt know what a demand there was for it. I also didnt know how lucrative it was. I have a few friends who are getting married and were looking around for a makeup artist. I believe consultations ranged from $50-100 and the actual makeup if you decide to hire them is $250 and up! I couldnt believe it!!! Makes me want to get in the business!

Yes, I do. I did one for a friend who was getting married and yes, you can make MONEY. LOL If you are good and have a great personality (to keep the bride calm - lol) you can make some big bucks. I got a $50 tip on my last assignment. And one of the bridemaids has booked me for her wedding in November. Give it a try.
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back