Makeup brush can/holder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little can to hold makeup brushes or lip liners and mascara. I know of the Stila ones, but are there any other ones? I'm trying to re-organize my traincase since I sold off all those bare minerals samples.

Check out the dollar stores for cute cups & stuff. I got a purple acrylic cup that holds some of my brushes in it & also found a cute wire mesh square pen holder that holds more brushes. I even found a cute metal mini-bucket @ the Hello Kitty store which has a picture of a Shih Tzu on it.

If all else fails, find a nice jar or carrafe to stash mascara & pencils in. Also check out the art/craft supply stores or a thrift shop for inexpensive mini-vases for inspiration.
biggrin.gif

I have this little vintage glass jar (looks like it was maybe used for jam?). When I work, I usually fill it with MAC brush cleaner & put my dirty brushes in it. I also have some shot glasses in my kit as well, for the same purpose.
wink.gif

I'm totally a fan, like Trisha & Gail, about using pen holders, nice jars etc.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I have this little vintage glass jar (looks like it was maybe used for jam?). When I work, I usually fill it with MAC brush cleaner & put my dirty brushes in it. I also have some shot glasses in my kit as well, for the same purpose.
wink.gif

I'm totally a fan, like Trisha & Gail, about using pen holders, nice jars etc.

Yup! Improvise!
wink.gif

I totally forgot about pencil cups. I had a silver mesh one, but I couldn't find it. So I'm gonna head over to Office Depot soon to pick up a mesh cup. I think it's like $5.00. compared to the $15 Stila cans!
icon_eek.gif

Liz, seriously check out the thrift store glass section. I found some really pretty cobalt blue glasses that work nicely for random items like pens & scissors. You'd be surprised what kind of stuff is sitting around for under a buck!

glass cups are pretty, but since i'm putting it in my traincase, i need it to be a certain size and not heavy. so a mesh metal one would be good since it would match my metal traincase too.

Trisha, I love your pen organizer. That is what I need for my new train case and I will be checking the stores for it after Easter...

What brand are your eye pencils in the clear acrylic pots from Muji? Are they all Mac?

Originally Posted by Trisha I just have some clear acrylic pots from Muji (tho i keep other stuff in those), my brushes are kept in a pen organizer from there also. nice & simple >>

Oy, total brain-fart that it needed to go in the case. In any event, good luck finding one that works in the case.
wink.gif

I have 2 Stila cans, but I didn't pay anything for either of them. I keep my brushes in one and my lipglazes in another.

Sephora has these items on their website. I don't know if this is what you are looking for. I figure that if they are in a can, they could spill over when you move your traincase. In these cylinders, they would stay in one place.

HTH!

Originally Posted by Mariposa Sephora has these items on their website. I don't know if this is what you are looking for. I figure that if they are in a can, they could spill over when you move your traincase. In these cylinders, they would stay in one place.
HTH!

Ooh, I forgot about those. That's a great idea for travel/traincases!

How about a empty Pringles can? You can either cut it to size; spray paint it; or put contact paper on it. A weight can be put on the bottom so it can't be easily knocked over.

I use a bamboo pencil holder. It lays down sideways in the bottom of my traincase when I move it, otherwise, I can pull it out and have easy access to my brushes.

Great idea with the pringles can! :)

Originally Posted by sadhunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif These are only $5 on sephora... most of all.... it's pink!!!!
http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...brush%20holder

I have one of these! They're greatfor storing your brushes, and they usually fit quite well in traincases, your brushes will be secure and you wont have to worry about them getting damaged.

Originally Posted by rdenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a bamboo pencil holder. It lays down sideways in the bottom of my traincase when I move it, otherwise, I can pull it out and have easy access to my brushes.
Great idea with the pringles can! :)

Thanks!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I also bet that Pringles cans can be used to hold stick incense...
Call me silly, I like to store my makeup brushes laying flat...

Great idea. I hate that I have to lay my brushes down. I wouldn't use a glass jar though. I'm far too clumsy for that.

Latest posts

Back