Quantcast

Makeup container for college?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
I'm about to go to college in a little over a month. I will be staying at the dorm. Since I wont be at home to use my makeup I want to take most of it with me. But I don't want any of it to get stolen or anything. I've been looking for an inexpensive (about $30 or less) fairly large cosmetic case that you can effectively lock so no one can get in. I'm not after some cheap plastic thing either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I need several reccomendations.
 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
I recommend you check out Lowes or Home Depot for a solid tool box. Those have locking capabilities! Originally Posted by FairyRave I'm about to go to college in a little over a month. I will be staying at the dorm. Since I wont be at home to use my makeup I want to take most of it with me. But I don't want any of it to get stolen or anything. I've been looking for an inexpensive (about $30 or less) fairly large cosmetic case that you can effectively lock so no one can get in. I'm not after some cheap plastic thing either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I need several reccomendations.
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I recommend you check out Lowes or Home Depot for a solid tool box. Those have locking capabilities! Absolutely agree with Kittyskyfish..They have some huge boxes and they aren't cheap(quality wise that is)And you can add a heavy duty pad lock..
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
I found these on Ebay:

Samsonite train case with lock: $9.99>

$26 aluminum makeup case >

$29.99 Samsonite huge train case>

Aluminum/Black train case $9.99>

Vintage chic train case $11.99, locks, clean


 
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the ideas off ebay cali. I especially like that vintage one.

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by FairyRave Thanks for the ideas off ebay cali. I especially like that vintage one. Yep, I agree with you and KittySky.. those are pretty cool. And there are quite a few nice ones on Ebay. Besides, they lock and are big!Where ya going to school and do you know your major yet? Also... congrats!


Cali



 
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Hey cali. I'm going to school at the University of the Incarnate Word in San AntonioTexas. www.uiw.edu. I'm going to be majoring in fashion design and merchandising. I really love to make, buy,and sell clothes. People have told me that I should try to sell some of my things that I make on ebay. But I haven't yet. Besides makeup clothes are also a big obsession of mine! I start college in a little over a month and I'm scared and nervous and yet excited. I get to take classes like vintage clothing, textiles, history of fashion, and apparel reconstruction. I'm so excited. In just a few years yall will be searching for my designs on e-bay!

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Hi FairyRave, I was nervous to start college too and move away from home. It's a huge transition, but I found that I adapted quickly and just had a wonderful time exploring, learning, developing my own personal & creative identity. I grew *so* much in four years. Your college program sounds really exciting! I loved college, especially because I got to pick and choose what classes interested me most. I took a few costume design/construction classes through my theater program at UCLA, which I enjoyed a lot. Is there a theater program at UIW? Getting a chance to design the wardrobe for a theater or dance production could be an awesome opportunity. Keep us updated! Joy

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by FairyRave Hey cali. I'm going to school at the University of the Incarnate Word in San AntonioTexas. www.uiw.edu. I'm going to be majoring in fashion design and merchandising. I really love to make, buy,and sell clothes. People have told me that I should try to sell some of my things that I make on ebay. But I haven't yet. Besides makeup clothes are also a big obsession of mine! I start college in a little over a month and I'm scared and nervous and yet excited. I get to take classes like vintage clothing, textiles, history of fashion, and apparel reconstruction. I'm so excited. In just a few years yall will be searching for my designs on e-bay! Well congrats Fairy!If you have any questions about college or concerns, let me know! I might be able to answer them. It's just like most things that are new, a bit daunting at first, and a cinch when you know the ropes! You will have a blast!

I'm happy for you and love your enthusiasm. Do you have any pics of clothing that you've designed?

When everyone is buying $340.00 "FairyRave Jeans" I'll be able to say, "Wow, that girl was totally inspired by me and took all my ideas!" just joking!

w/b



 
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Yes I do have some pics of stuff I have personally designed and hand stitched myself! The only problem is I have no idea how to post pictures on this forum I've tryed so many times in failure. If you could help me out I would be glad to post some pics of stuff I have made though.

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by FairyRave Yes I do have some pics of stuff I have personally designed and hand stitched myself! The only problem is I have no idea how to post pictures on this forum I've tryed so many times in failure. If you could help me out I would be glad to post some pics of stuff I have made though. Ok, I'll send you my email in a pm. Then I will transfer your photos to My Editor and post them for you.Or you can click on "MY Editor" and upload the photos from your computer. Then you save them as directed and they will be stored for you on here! Either way, let me know if I can help. I'll send my email addy.

Byeeeeeeee



 

Latest posts

Top