Makeup Count Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I keep running out of steam when I attempt a group shot. Here's my closest attempt. ~1100:

!!!! This is beautiful! I agree with some other people, I want to dive in this!!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

its ironic how many lip glosses I have considering I HATE lip glosses. :/
Haha, I haven't counted mine but I know I have more than 5 glosses and I hate them too. Even 3 is too much to me since I don't like them

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, I haven't counted mine but I know I have more than 5 glosses and I hate them too. Even 3 is too much to me since I don't like them
theyre just so horrible. sticky and goopy and heavy. I think I keep buying them because so many people love them, there has to be something good about it!! but there never is. now I will say that there is one brand of lip gloss that I love, its not sticky, not heavy very nice colors. but its $26 a tube.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so not worth it.

Sorry to thread hijack, OP! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? lol, I could make a pilgrammage.
A little more than a hop, skip, and a jump away from DC. Chicago! 

Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's a whole lot of nailpolishes! by the way, since u have sooo many nailpolishes, do any of them dry up before u get around to using them? juz curious. u could open a manicure salon with the amount of ur nailpolishes. drools.
I haven't had any dry up yet, except for some crackles. I just thinned them, and they were fine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

your nail polish collection needs an entire thread to itself. how do you store those???
I have a desk made from 4 3-drawer cubes, which is where I store most of my polish. This is a really bad picture, but you can kind of see the drawers and how my desk is set up: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/LolitaBee/41a63dc8.jpg 

The rest of my stash is in 2 Ikea Helmers

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG, you're in nail polish heaven! I see like 300 or so colors that I want. What's your favorite brand?

I need to do a nail polish haul.
My top three favorites are Deborah Lippmann, Illamasqua, and Dior. They all have great formulas (for the most part) and beautiful colors.

Just counted my stash. I thought I had a lot of make-up, but compared to a lot of you ladies, mine is a baby stash 
rolleyes.gif

Nail polishes: 22

BB creams: 4 (all sample sizes)

Tinted moisturizers: 2 (both sample sizes)

Foundations: 3

Concealers: 4

Primers: 2

Powders: 3 (2 loose, 1 pressed)

Highlighters: 3

Blushers: 4

Eye shadow primers: 4

Eye liners: 21

Mascaras: 5

Shadows-Large palettes: 2

Shadows-singles and 4 colors or fewer in palette-12

Lipsticks/gloss/stains: 22+ (I'm sure I have more that are forgotten in a purse or drawer somewhere)

Lipbalms: more than I care to gather up and count, I have lip balm stashed in every room of my house and every bag/purse/coat I own!

theyre just so horrible. sticky and goopy and heavy. I think I keep buying them because so many people love them, there has to be something good about it!! but there never is. now I will say that there is one brand of lip gloss that I love, its not sticky, not heavy very nice colors. but its $26 a tube.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so not worth it.
I love lip gloss! But not sticky goopy heavy ones! Bath & Body Works has great ones!!

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love lip gloss! But not sticky goopy heavy ones! Bath & Body Works has great ones!!
yeah those are sticky to me.

yeah those are sticky to me.
Hmm...don't really have any suggestions then...most of my glosses are from B&BW. I can't get enough of them! I think they're the least sticky glosses available. At least the C.O. Bigelow mentha ones. I think I only have 1 of the "Liplicious" ones, but I know I don't like it much...I don't even know where it is which means something since I keep my main glosses in my purse!!

You guys are making me happy. I keep shoving my iPad under my hubby's nose saying "look! Look! I am NOT CRAZY!" Happen to have counted my nail polish today. I was at 80+. Ok, probably 90 post my Rite Aid run for cough medicine for the kiddo. I can never not look.....

On the lipgloss sticky subject... Covergirl Wetslicks feels like a lipstick on. Not sticky at all. It is the only lipgloss I'll wear due to everything being nasty and sticky feeling.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the lipgloss sticky subject... Covergirl Wetslicks feels like a lipstick on. Not sticky at all. It is the only lipgloss I'll wear due to everything being nasty and sticky feeling.
I love those!

Ahahah. I sent a picture of it to my boyfriend, I told him that he was never allowed to say I have too much again.. he agreed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

You guys are making me happy. I keep shoving my iPad under my hubby's nose saying "look! Look! I am NOT CRAZY!" Happen to have counted my nail polish today. I was at 80+. Ok, probably 90 post my Rite Aid run for cough medicine for the kiddo. I can never not look.....

ok here are my blushers are all arranged nicely in their drawers. Have estimated my total blusher / cheek products @ about 300 or so :X

I still have about  50 blushers and msfs not pictured which i store in two other drawers. my main weakness is cheek products/ blushers

ok here are my blushers are all arranged nicely in their drawers. Have estimated my total blusher / cheek products @ about 300 or so :X

I still have about  50 blushers and msfs not pictured which i store in two other drawers. my main weakness is cheek products/ blushers
So beautiful!

Question- Do you have many similar colours? 

7b.gif

I have a small stash.

22 eyeliners 

2 gel eyeliner pots

4 lipsticks

13 lip glosses

5+ lip balms

1 lip butter 

8 palettes (2-12 shadows each)

1 creme shadow 

3 mascaras

4 eye primers

1 brow powder

10 perfume bottles

12 lotions

27 nail polishes

37 brushes (still looking for a good synthetic crease brush that's sold individually) 

I'm still going to continue my low-buy.

Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So beautiful!

Question- Do you have many similar colours? 
yea i do have some similar colors, but i am such a sucker for cheek colors, that whenever MAC comes out with new LEblush  colors, I have to buy...

and i m still trying to expand my collection of NARS blushers

yea i do have some similar colors, but i am such a sucker for cheek colors, that whenever MAC comes out with new LEblush  colors, I have to buy...

and i m still trying to expand my collection of NARS blushers
I only have NARS in Deep Throat but I REALLY want to buy them all! 

I think it might be time for me to do an inventory on my collection...but I'm afraid to know how massive it has grown in the last year! And it will grow even more next weekend when I hit NY for IMATS! 

Latest posts

Back