Makeup Count Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ButterflyEyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it might be time for me to do an inventory on my collection...but I'm afraid to know how massive it has grown in the last year! And it will grow even more next weekend when I hit NY for IMATS! 
Do one!!

*dives in* I'll help! LOL

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So true. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Could you take a picture? I kinda want to see what almost 2000 nps look like xD
I keep running out of steam when I attempt a group shot. Here's my closest attempt. ~1100:

I have 10 mineral foundation loose powder,

7 tinted moisturizer

5 setting powder.

15 blushes- just a guess.

10 makeup brushes.(would like more, have not seen any I'd like..too picky).

30+ lip balm sticks (get so many free from subs)

lipstick- maybe 5?

lipgloss 20 or 30

now soaps, shampoos maybe 20 or 30 unopened ones.

eyeshadows 10 palettes and 15 singles (anything from Lancaster,dior, lancome)- used to have way more and it dissapered when I moved :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to get tons of dept makeup for free when they changed packaging or had extra testers of stuff- the store I go to has special customer events and they make up their own extra bonuses for people when they have charity events :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would have more, but my dance classes took up the rest of my budget and I just lost $1,000 this week :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-one dance school closed and I had bought a anual membership and had most of it left (was unlimited classes...)

My excuse for so much makeup if that as I have some health issue and look run down very easily, using makeup makes me look nicer and more "awake" too (less dark circles)..
And my skin decided to break out badly in 2 spots...so now need a truckload of powder and concealer (using medicated conceal stuff for blemishes,to not make em worse....).

And that my dance classes are taped.....well I never know where those tapes post and want to look nice.
I also end up in a lot of random pics from my friends jobs often (many of my friends DJ or do music or art stuff and are in photos and that usually includes the others who are at the events....).

I have 10 mineral foundation loose powder, 7 tinted moisturizer 5 setting powder. 15 blushes- just a guess. 10 makeup brushes.(would like more, have not seen any I'd like..too picky). 30+ lip balm sticks (get so many free from subs) lipstick- maybe 5? lipgloss 20 or 30 now soaps, shampoos maybe 20 or 30 unopened ones. eyeshadows 10 palettes and 15 singles (anything from Lancaster,dior, lancome)- used to have way more and it dissapered when I moved :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I used to get tons of dept makeup for free when they changed packaging or had extra testers of stuff- the store I go to has special customer events and they make up their own extra bonuses for people when they have charity events :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would have more, but my dance classes took up the rest of my budget and I just lost $1,000 this week :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> -one dance school closed and I had bought a anual membership and had most of it left (was unlimited classes...) My excuse for so much makeup if that as I have some health issue and look run down very easily, using makeup makes me look nicer and more "awake" too (less dark circles).. And my skin decided to break out badly in 2 spots...so now need a truckload of powder and concealer (using medicated conceal stuff for blemishes,to not make em worse....). And that my dance classes are taped.....well I never know where those tapes post and want to look nice. I also end up in a lot of random pics from my friends jobs often (many of my friends DJ or do music or art stuff and are in photos and that usually includes the others who are at the events....).  
Wow, that's pretty expensive unlimited classes...what type of dance is it?

I started working on my inventory last night but lost steam lol. The count so far is:

3 single blushes and 1 10-blush palette

2 Concealers

66 eye liner pencils (40 of them from the UD 24/7 eye liner Vault)

2 Liquid liners

59 single Eye Shadows

3 Eye Shadow Primers

5 Foundations

1 Foundation Primer

2 Lip Balms (this isn't accurate...I have a bag full of various balms but I don't use them since finding my HG balm)

5 Lip Liners

21 Loose Pigment Eye Shadows

2 Loose Powders

1 Mineral Foundation (no clue why I don't count that with the others)

1 Mineral Skin Finish

1 MAC Paint

5 MAC Paint Pots

15 Palettes 

2 Pressed Pigments

1 Sculpting Cream

1 Pressed Powder

12 OCC Lip Tars 

I don't know if I have the energy to try and count my other lip sticks/glosses lol. I wish that was all I had left to count though

Wowsa! I'm new here and feeling sooo much better about my makeup obsession! My problem is that, although I buy it, I tend to wear the same basics everyday! I have dozens of shadows, but wear the UD Naked palette almost exclusively; a handful of blushes but only wear Nars Orgasm; etc. I need someone pushing me to be more adventurous! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. As for that polish collection pictured.....I am positively drooling!

Originally Posted by BeautyandBooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wowsa! I'm new here and feeling sooo much better about my makeup obsession! My problem is that, although I buy it, I tend to wear the same basics everyday! I have dozens of shadows, but wear the UD Naked palette almost exclusively; a handful of blushes but only wear Nars Orgasm; etc. I need someone pushing me to be more adventurous!
smile.gif
. As for that polish collection pictured.....I am positively drooling!
A good way to push yourself to use more of your collection is starting a challenge of some sort. I started a 365 Day Eye Shadow Challenge (although in all fairness I haven't been doing it everyday for various reasons...like being sick or doing something that putting makeup on would be silly). I take a pic of each eye look that I do for a day and it pushes me to be a little more creative in my choices. Plus, it helps to justify the collection you have collecting dust because you don't use it lol

I have 3 kaboodles full I don't even count! I feel like if I did I'd feel bad that I keep buying make up and i refuse to feel bad for buying make up lol, but I do have 56 brushes royal crown, Mac and some sephora brushes :3 most of my make up is lose eye shadows and pallets

This is wonderful!! I know I have 100s of products. I feel so much better knowing others do this too! Thanks for the free therapy!! I thought I was the only woman in the world with this obsession !! Love you awesome ladies!

A good way to push yourself to use more of your collection is starting a challenge of some sort. I started a 365 Day Eye Shadow Challenge (although in all fairness I haven't been doing it everyday for various reasons...like being sick or doing something that putting makeup on would be silly). I take a pic of each eye look that I do for a day and it pushes me to be a little more creative in my choices. Plus, it helps to justify the collection you have collecting dust because you don't use it lol
That is the best idea, ever! I'm totally trying. I remember seeing an app calendar where you take a pic and it attaches to a calendar so you're basically looking at a month's worth of pictures. Maybe I will use that to keep with it so I can quickly see what I've done and be motivated to fill in each box with a new look! TY <3

Any one who keeps an inventory care to share their spreadsheet layout? I don't have a ton but I don't always remember the names of my lippies and it would be a good thing to have on my phone incase I'm feeling like making a purchase and questioning whether I already have something. I also like the idea of being able to see how many of each item I have. I mean, really... how many mascaras do you need at one time? Those expire.. smh lol

365 Photo App is the name of that app in case any of you ladies want to check it out. Here is a link for Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.pawelbialecki.a365photoapp

I created a spreadsheet really easily w/ excell. I tried attaching but don't have appropriate permissions but basicall just went to New -> Inventories and selected the Home Contents Inventory List and tweaked it a little. Here is a picture of how I set it up in case any of you are inspired to make your own :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There are two pictures to show you the other tabs on the right hand side that you have to scroll over to view.

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is the best idea, ever! I'm totally trying. I remember seeing an app calendar where you take a pic and it attaches to a calendar so you're basically looking at a month's worth of pictures. Maybe I will use that to keep with it so I can quickly see what I've done and be motivated to fill in each box with a new look! TY <3

Any one who keeps an inventory care to share their spreadsheet layout? I don't have a ton but I don't always remember the names of my lippies and it would be a good thing to have on my phone incase I'm feeling like making a purchase and questioning whether I already have something. I also like the idea of being able to see how many of each item I have. I mean, really... how many mascaras do you need at one time? Those expire.. smh lol
You're welcome! I have suggested it to a lot of friends that complain about having a ton of makeup but never using it. It has definitely pushed me to use more than I had been doing...and it's great for pushing you to be a little more creative when you can see what looks you've already done on a daily basis. 

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I created a spreadsheet really easily w/ excell. I tried attaching but don't have appropriate permissions but basicall just went to New -> Inventories and selected the Home Contents Inventory List and tweaked it a little. Here is a picture of how I set it up in case any of you are inspired to make your own :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There are two pictures to show you the other tabs on the right hand side that you have to scroll over to view.

I have been having trouble with the original spreadsheet that I made so thank you for posting this! It's much easier! 

Picked up my Bobbi Brown Longwear foundation a couple of weeks ago, finally. LOVE IT! Added 3 Kiko shadow palettes to my collection too, along with some more Kryolan products, Esteé Lauder blushes (bought new, dirt cheap, from a makeup artist I buy a lot from), various nail polishes, etc etc. I often don't pay full price for a lot of stuff I pick up. No need in a lot of cases. Hoping I'll be able to find a larger lot of the Bobbi Brown foundation above as I'll be using a truckload of it.

I have been having trouble with the original spreadsheet that I made so thank you for posting this! It's much easier! 
NP! Happy it helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, I love everyone that took the time to count their stash!  That's amazing!  I, however, will not be counting my stash because it would probably make me poop my pants.  I will say, I am a makeup artist so I have an entire kit (with a full color range of foundation, eyeliners, face powders, lipsticks etc) that is kept in a large rolling train case.  My personal stash takes up an entire bookshelf, organized by tupperware, silverware holders, and various desktop organizers.  I do know that I have about 120 brushes, only because I counted when I cleaned them other day.  Love reading this thread though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />))

Latest posts

Back