Makeup Count Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew! I just did my best to count but I ran out of energy when it came to counting perfume, lotion, etc. So here's my makeup count...these are all give or take a few since we know slashes get scattered around: Foundation-10 Concealer-12 Primers-45(I never buy primers..these are mostly all samples) Nail polish-130 Palettes-49 Single shadows-86 Cream shadow-13 Pigments-17 Eyeliner-34 Mascara-17(a lot of samples) Brows-5 Blush-51 Highlighters-24 Bronzer-19 Face powder-13 Contour powder-10 Lip products-165 Total-700 products(again give or take a few) Should I feel bad about that? Nah..I sort of have an addictive personality. I'd rather own a shift load of lipgloss than be a drunk or a cokehead right? Lol maybe that's exaggerating but still people like what they like and spend their money how they see fit. The bf teases me until I remind him that all the stuff in his car costs way more than my stash.

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Phew! I just did my best to count but I ran out of energy when it came to counting perfume, lotion, etc. So here's my makeup count...these are all give or take a few since we know slashes get scattered around:

Foundation-10

Concealer-12

Primers-45(I never buy primers..these are mostly all samples)

Nail polish-130

Palettes-49

Single shadows-86

Cream shadow-13

Pigments-17

Eyeliner-34

Mascara-17(a lot of samples)

Brows-5

Blush-51

Highlighters-24

Bronzer-19

Face powder-13

Contour powder-10

Lip products-165

Total-700 products(again give or take a few)

Should I feel bad about that? Nah..I sort of have an addictive personality. I'd rather own a shift load of lipgloss than be a drunk or a cokehead right? Lol maybe that's exaggerating but still people like what they like and spend their money how they see fit. The bf teases me until I remind him that all the stuff in his car costs way more than my stash.
That's how I see it. Cosmetics is a pretty darn tame addiction!!

LOL! This is an awesome thread... I'm sure I'll start counting just to see where I stand.
biggrin.gif

Lipsticks - variety of brands - 63

Lipgloss - variety of brands - 39

Lip Pencils - 14

Eye Pencils - 44 (not including the jumbo ones)

Foundation - 9

eyeshadows (creams) - 24

Single Eyeshadows - 126

Eyeshadow Palettes - 40

I've actually been wanting to count what I have so far. I don't really have a lot. So here we go!

Btw, I'm going to count each shadow in any palettes as separate eyeshadows, except for my 120 palette, because I don't feel like that counts. xP.

Lashes: 8 Pairs

Face Brushes: 7

Eye Brushes: 14

Liquid Foundation: 2

Powder Foundation: 2

Setting Powder: 2

Foundation Primer: 1

Eyeshadow Primer: 1

Mascara: 4

Bronzer: 2

Blush: 2

Eyeliner: (Gel & Stick): 8

Eyeshadow: 34 (Not including 120 palette!)

Lip Products: 21

...and that pretty much sums it up!

Also, this does not include any of my skincare products, (which I don't have a lot of either.)

Phew! Now I know!

Oh boy. Keep in mind, much of this accumulated from when I worked and had my kit. Now that I don't, it sits here nice and pretty waiting to be used (including my poor brushes). I'm not counting samples, misc. items, moisturizing, cleaning, or lashes, or I will never end this post:

Face Primers: 2

Foundations (airbrush and moisturizers, all OCC): 9

Concealers: 2 (for self, MAC), 3 (palettes, MUFE), 2 (wheels, Ben Nye)

Setting Powder: 2

Blushes/Contour: 28 (Nars, Too Faced, Inglot, Tarina Tarantino)

Lip Liners: 28 (NYX, Too faced, OPI, etc)

Lipstick: 51 (MAC, NYX, Inglot, etc) 

Lip Tars: 74 (OCC)

Lip Glosses: 25 (NYX, MUFE, etc)

Eye Primers: 3 (Too Faced)

Eyeshadows: eff this! lol 

• 102 depotted and/or made for magnetic palettes (Inglot, MAC, NYX - on magnetic palettes).
  • Premade palettes: 15 (Urban Decay, Sugarpill, Sleek, Lorac, Bare Minerals, Stila, Too Faced) 
  • Eye Shadow Singles: 56 (NYX, Urban Decay, MUFE) 
Loose Powder: 75 (MAC, OCC, Fyrinnae, Shiro, Selfies)

Glitter: 22 (OCC, Claire's Stacks)

Eyeliner:

• Pencils: 38 (NYX, MAC, Urban Decay, Prestige)
  • Liquid: 9 (MUFE, Revlon, etc)
  • Pots: 7 (Inglot, L'Oreal, MAC, Bobbi Brown)
Cream Eyeshadow: 14 (Maybelline, NYX, Nars, etc) 

Mascaras: 6 (Dior, Stila, Covergirl)

Brushes: 63 (OCC, Royal & Langnickel, Real Techniques, ELF Studio, Urban Decay, Essence, MUFE, etc)

Other Creams:

• Palette: 1 (MUFE)
  • Wheels: 4 (Ben Nye)
  • Sticks/Pots: 4 (MUFE)

^ I think that counts for everything I leave at my disposal, lol.

I won't ever count my stash, but I do keep spreadsheets of the products I collect.

Dior palettes (quints, trios, SE): 48

NARS blushes: 31

NARS e/s (singles and duos): 59

Nail polish: 1743 plus about 100-150 due to a period of time that I couldn't be bothered to update my spreadsheet.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I won't ever count my stash, but I do keep spreadsheets of the products I collect.

Dior palettes (quints, trios, SE): 48

NARS blushes: 31

NARS e/s (singles and duos): 59

Nail polish: 1743 plus about 100-150 due to a period of time that I couldn't be bothered to update my spreadsheet.
Woah! 1743? Do you get to use all of them? Sorry for all of the questions, it's just that I only have about 10 nail polishes. xD

this is the total amount of lipsticks/ lipglosses that i own. Eh too lazy to count, maybe u guys can count from the picture? haha

Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woah! 1743? Do you get to use all of them? Sorry for all of the questions, it's just that I only have about 10 nail polishes. xD
It's okay; you just asked one lol. Most of my stash is untried. Luckily, I have my whole life to use them, so I'm not worried.

Counted my lipsticks and glosses today and I have 135 not counting the many stashed in my purse and the 40 or so I gave to my daughters two days ago. *hides* Don't judge me! I'mma lippie girl.
11a.gif

My only question is, how long do you guys with a lot of lip gloss keep them for? I mean lip gloss goes bad...

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My only question is, how long do you guys with a lot of lip gloss keep them for? I mean lip gloss goes bad...
Usually about 6 months. My daughters and I do purging parties. We grab munchies, turn on music and go through my makeup. Most of my lippies are lipsticks thankfully so they last longer. If they are in question, they get tossed out.

Anyway, here are more of my numbers:

Eye liner: 54

Mascara: 13 (I give these away fast because they almost always irritate my eyes)

Blush: 20

Mineral eyeshadow and loose pigments: 75

Single pressed eyeshadows: 18

3-6 pan pressed eyeshadows: 29

Large palettes: 26

I am done counting for the day lol

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's okay; you just asked one lol. Most of my stash is untried. Luckily, I have my whole life to use them, so I'm not worried.
So true. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Could you take a picture? I kinda want to see what almost 2000 nps look like xD

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Counted my lipsticks and glosses today and I have 135 not counting the many stashed in my purse and the 40 or so I gave to my daughters two days ago. *hides* Don't judge me! I'mma lippie girl.
11a.gif
Lmao I have about 15 lip glosses/lipsticks in my purse alone. I'm a goo hoarder.

35 Makeup Brushes (NEED MORE!)

2 BB Creams (I've sworn off foundation lol)

4 Powders (Translucents and Ivories) 

6 Concealers (Variety of shades and colors for different concealing)

2 Highlighters

3 Face Primers

2 Eye Primers

10 Mascaras (Blacks, Teal, Purple, Royal Blue, Brown)

15 Eyeshadow Palettes (Urban Decay's Naked 1 & 2, Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate, 120 One Palette, 88 Metal Mania, 88 Mirage, 88 Shimmer, 42 Double Stack, and all 7 Go Palettes)

15 Dual Shadows

5 Single Shadow (I use to have more, but I whittled it down since I have SO MANY colors in the palettes!)

11 Liquid Eyeliners (Black, Brown, Gold, Silver and colors)

10 Pencil Eyeliners (Black, Brown, Grey, Purple, Teal, Bronze, White, Sky Blue, Gold, Hot Pink)

1 Gel Eyeliner

Eyebrow Touch-up Shadow

Eyebrow Setting Gel

3 Blush Palettes (12 colors each), 1 cream blush, 5 mix colors blushes (Physician's Formula, Wet N Wild, Too Faced)

2 Bronzers

1 Makeup Setting Spray

14 Lip Glosses

2 Lip Conditioners

8 Lip Balms

4 Lip Stains

14 Lipsticks

150-ish Nail Polishes

I'm writing this list and I'm thinking to myself....mymy....I SO need more stuff lol
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So true. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Could you take a picture? I kinda want to see what almost 2000 nps look like xD
I keep running out of steam when I attempt a group shot. Here's my closest attempt. ~1100:

Latest posts

Back