Makeup Storage

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some ideas on where to store my horde of makeup. I'll be moving into a smaller bathroom. I'm wondering where do other people store their makeup? Right now I have a big Caboodles case that holds the stuff I only use once in a while. My every day stuff is in a drawer - it's a wall mounted shelf that has 3 small drawers. Instead of hanging it on the wall though I placed it on the countertop because we had the room. There has to be a better way for me to get organized, right?

Thanks!

smile.gif
Kelly

Originally Posted by rowantree Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some ideas on where to store my horde of makeup. I'll be moving into a smaller bathroom. I'm wondering where do other people store their makeup? Right now I have a big Caboodles case that holds the stuff I only use once in a while. My every day stuff is in a drawer - it's a wall mounted shelf that has 3 small drawers. Instead of hanging it on the wall though I placed it on the countertop because we had the room. There has to be a better way for me to get organized, right?

Thanks!

smile.gif
Kelly

I'm currently using a 5 drawer Sterilite wheeled cart from Target..These are fabulous..Cheap(anywhere from 5 to $20 depending on the size),sturdy,easy to move around and you can put it in the closet out of the way(don't recommend storing makeup in the bathroom as the constant heat & humidity can cause cosmetics to "turn" or go bad

i use a tackle box meant for actual tackle. its has a large compartment up top for oversized things, and 4 slide out drawers with partitions. im almost growing out of it! it was about $20. its not the prettiest thing, but it gets the job done. you can find tackle moxes with all sorts of tray configurations, including ones that open like a traditional train case. i really like my box, because the compartments arent as limiting as a train case.

I store mine in shoe boxes. Its a waste of time cos im a very untidy person and it all gets mixed up and ends up under the bed. My best shoes are in a big make up bag. Completely untidy and messy as i keep on buying stuff and never throw things out. Im a slob.

I have a plastic toolbox that used to have all my mkeup and hair stuff in it for dancing, but now just has my wonderful and ever expanding makeup collection!

I also have a Caboodles box; but there's not enough room for everything to be neat and organzied the way I'd like it to be. I considered a tackle box, but the one I liked (and the only one that was big enough.... oh so sad.... never knew I had sooo much makeup.....) was almost 100 dollars. So I am going to sketch something out tonight and have my dad build a custom box for me. He works at a lumber yard and so I have access to all kinds of supplies for building stuff whenever I want. I think the fun part will be choosing what wood to make it from. So many choices! So far I am considering well, everything actually, but more than anything else: purple heart, cedar, cherry, oak, or redwood. But I have lots of other woods that I love. I have to really think about this for a while because this box will last me the rest of my life so I want it to be a wood I really love. Growing up around wood the way I did, I love them all. lmao, how many 20 year old women can walk into a house, smell the air, and tell you what kind of wood they used for their wood floors or walls? hahaha..... it's a special talent I love. I like wood and the way they all smell so different.

I have to store mine on the counter. I keep mine in a train case that I got as a gift several years ago. I try not to have too much makeup because of the limited storage. Our house was build in the late 60s so there isn't that much cupboard space in the bathrooms. I know you are not suppose to keep makeup or skin care in the bathroom where it gets humid but I still do it. I really like Allisong's idea about the cart and the closet.

Wow, thanks for all the info everyone! I like Allisong's idea about the cart as well, what a great idea. And yeah, I keep my makeup in the bathroom because there's just no place else to put it. And all my nail polish is in a shoe box under my bed! I have a vanity from the 40's but it's full of junk & it also holds my hair dryer & curling iron, brushes. I just love that cart idea! Thanks!

I bought a Mary Kay makeup holder which rolls up, but it can be unrolled and hung on a wall. It has four different compartments which are see through so it easy to see whats where, but then again mine is packed with makeup i dont use much.

Latest posts

Back