MakeupTalk Newsletters - Suggestions/Comments !!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all you MUT-ers. The latest newsletter just came out, and we'd like to know your thoughts on it! Do you have any comments or suggestions about what we can add to the newsletter, or even take away? Post anything about the newsletter here!

Also, we've been experiencing some difficulties with some members not receiving the HTML version as it's supposed to appear, even though they're signed up for HTML. Please let us know if you have any formatting issues with the newsletter.

We here at MUT strive to create the very best work that we can, to provide a friendly forum for all you lovely people! Please let us know what we can do to better serve you, because You Are MUT!!!

In conclusion, as a favorite college professor of mine used to say:

Comments, Questions, Cries of Outrage?
wink.gif

Yours truly,

Julia

Editor-in-Chief, MUT Newsletter

Lets send this out in a TEXT based newsletter for people to respond to

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea

Hello all you MUT-ers. The latest newsletter just came out, and we'd like to know your thoughts on it! Do you have any comments or suggestions about what we can add to the newsletter, or even take away? Post anything about the newsletter here!
Also, we've been experiencing some difficulties with some members not receiving the HTML version as it's supposed to appear, even though they're signed up for HTML. Please let us know if you have any formatting issues with the newsletter.

We here at MUT strive to create the very best work that we can, to provide a friendly forum for all you lovely people! Please let us know what we can do to better serve you, because You Are MUT!!!

wink.gif

Yours truly,

Julia

Looks good - thanks a bunch for sending that out! Laura127 got hers the way both Mike and I have, and my mother in Florida is still receiving them that way, as well. Hopefully we'll get the kinks out soon, but I just feel that if we have over 700 members, and even "only" 10 of them are getting them incorrectly formatted, that's still 10 too many, you know?
wink.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Lets send this out in a TEXT based newsletter for people to respond to

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Hello all you MUT-ers. The latest newsletter just came out, and we'd like to know your thoughts on it! Do you have any comments or suggestions about what we can add to the newsletter, or even take away? Post anything about the newsletter here!

wink.gif

Yours truly,

Julia

Ok this morning I was in the shower and I was laughing to myself... thinking of the way you worded the clown story .... something like, "clown gone wrong." I thought it was HILARIOUS ... because he's really gone off the deep end and well.. the way you put it charmed me and made me giggle big time. I must have sounded like a nut giggling in the shower, but I was afterall, alone! I can giggle if I want!!! LOL.Nice job. I hope you get some feedback here. I might like to see more freebies posted on the newsletter since everyone loves a freebie! Who can resist a free sample of mustache cream?

xo Californian

LLbanner3.jpg

Well you forgot to tell us how yours was...text or HTML?

Originally Posted by Californian

Ok this morning I was in the shower and I was laughing to myself... thinking of the way you worded the clown story .... something like, "clown gone wrong." I thought it was HILARIOUS ... because he's really gone off the deep end and well.. the way you put it charmed me and made me giggle big time. I must have sounded like a nut giggling in the shower, but I was afterall, alone! I can giggle if I want!!! LOL.Nice job. I hope you get some feedback here. I might like to see more freebies posted on the newsletter since everyone loves a freebie! Who can resist a free sample of mustache cream?

xo Californian

LLbanner3.jpg

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Well you forgot to tell us how yours was...text or HTML? html, lots of color and links and graphics and fun.

Thanks Collette for your input, we are working ot resolve this issue

Originally Posted by Colette

newsletter came as text with no spaces and lots of unreadable stuff. I don't know anything about computers, so that's my untechnical explanation

Originally Posted by fumie Mine came in as unreadable, unformatted text. Could you post the email that you received?
Thanks!
smile.gif

Gary, here is what Laura wrote:

This is what arrived in my mailbox!

.page BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffdeff .tborder BORDER-RIGHT: #0b198c 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #0b198c 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #0b198c 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0b198c 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1 TD FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif .alt1 BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff .smallfont FONT: 9px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif .alt2 BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffdcdc .page background-color: #FFDEFF; .alt1Active background-color: #FFFFFF; Cant Read this? click here [ Sunday May 30, 2004 ] Issue # 17 Your username is: "laura127" You have posted 293 times You registered on 05-06-2004 Last time online 03:48 PM, 05-29-2004 MakeupTalk Home | Forums | Product Review Center | MyBeautySwap Center 10,000 posts! Top Makeup According to Makeup Artists and Beauty Editors! Town and Country's Best Skincare Recommendations! Tips for Healthy Nails Preventative Measures Against Hair Damage Secrets of Fantastic Hair! Another Milestone for MakeupTalk! Today we went over 10,000 posts on the boards! Congrats to the user laura127 as she won a Gift Certificate to Sephora.com! This is a "must see" article for all makeup affecionados! Professional makeup artists and beauty editors rate THE TOP MAKEUP in the areas of face, cheeks and lips! Get the skinny on the most beloved beauty products in this up-to-date, informative MAKEUP HOLY GRAIL LIST! [ Read More ] Town and Country rates the best skin care products from categories such as cleansers and toners, eye creams, moisturizers, wrinkle fighters and more! See how many of these products you already have and which ones you might like to pick up. This list promises smooth and happy skin! Read the article excerpt. [ Read More ] Tired of brittle, cracking nails? Want to know how to keep your nails healthy-looking, as well as healthy? Check out this concise list of ways to get your nails looking fantastic! [ Read More ] Looking for preventative measures to take in order to prevent hair damage? Look for further, for MakeupTalk has the answer! Here's a short list of some crucial things you can do to prevent hair damage. [ Read More ] Are you in search of perfect hair? Here is a lengthy list of hair issues and how to solve them, including dull texture, growing out bangs, lack of shine, slow hair growth, no time to style, oily scalp, sun damage, thinning hair, hair breakage, dry hair, and many more. This list is bound to help your hair! [ Read More ] See you online! Julia Editor-In-Chief Makeuptalk.com Makeuptalk.com/forums Hot New Topics Favorite Summer Scents Eye Creams Breast Lumps Combo/Oily Skin Best Colors South Beach/Atkins Hair Cut Frequency Brilliant Brunette Californian's Polls Birth Control Pills Fashion Do's & Don'ts Question Game Male Celebrities Death Penalty Abortion A Clown Shocker Ask Beauty Goddess Let's SWAP! Interested in Advertising in this Newsletter? You are subscribed as: laura127 To unsubscribe from the MakeupTalk e-Newsletter, click here then look at the "Receive Email from Administrators" and check the box off accordingly MakeupTalk© is a subsidiary of AR Websolutions, Inc Site Design and hosted by TonysDesigns.com Advertisement Visit http://www.fsh1.com for all your financial needs

Originally Posted by Gary

Could you post the email that you received?
Thanks!
smile.gif

Hi this is how I received my newsletter. Let me know if there is anything I can do on my end.

thanks!

MakeupTalk Forums Mailer <[email protected]> wrote:

.page BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffdeff .tborder BORDER-RIGHT: #0b198c 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #0b198c 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #0b198c 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0b198c 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1 TD FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif .alt1 BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff .smallfont FONT: 9px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif .alt2 BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffdcdc .page background-color: #FFDEFF; .alt1Active background-color: #FFFFFF; Cant Read this? click here [ Sunday May 30, 2004 ] Issue # 17 Your username is: "shoediva" You have posted 145 times You registered on 04-20-2004 Last time online 06:11 PM, 05-14-2004 MakeupTalk Home | Forums | Product Review Center | MyBeautySwap Center 10,000 posts! Top Makeup According to Makeup Artists and Beauty Editors! Town and Country's Best Skincare Recommendations! Tips for Healthy Nails Preventative Measures Against Hair Damage Secrets of Fantastic Hair! Another Milestone for MakeupTalk! Today we went over 10,000 posts on the boards! Congrats to the user laura127 as she won a Gift Certificate to Sephora.com! This is a "must see" article for all makeup affecionados! Professional makeup artists and beauty editors rate THE TOP MAKEUP in the areas of face, cheeks and lips! Get the skinny on the most beloved beauty products in this up-to-date, informative MAKEUP HOLY GRAIL LIST! [ Read More ] Town and Country rates the best skin care products from categories such as cleansers and toners, eye creams, moisturizers, wrinkle fighters and more! See how many of these products you already have and which ones you might like to pick up. This list promises smooth and happy skin! Read the article excerpt. [ Read More ] Tired of brittle, cracking nails? Want to know how to keep your nails healthy-looking, as well as healthy? Check out this concise list of ways to get your nails looking fantastic! [ Read More ] Looking for preventative measures to take in order to prevent hair damage? Look for further, for MakeupTalk has the answer! Here's a short list of some crucial things you can do to prevent hair damage. [ Read More ] Are you in search of perfect hair? Here is a lengthy list of hair issues and how to solve them, including dull texture, growing out bangs, lack of shine, slow hair growth, no time to style, oily scalp, sun damage, thinning hair, hair breakage, dry hair, and many more. This list is bound to help your hair! [ Read More ] See you online! Julia Editor-In-Chief Makeuptalk.com Makeuptalk.com/forums Hot New Topics Favorite Summer Scents Eye Creams Breast Lumps Combo/Oily Skin Best Colors South Beach/Atkins Hair Cut Frequency Brilliant Brunette Californian's Polls Birth Control Pills Fashion Do's & Don'ts Question Game Male Celebrities Death Penalty Abortion A Clown Shocker Ask Beauty Goddess Let's SWAP! Interested in Advertising in this Newsletter? You are subscribed as: shoediva To unsubscribe from the MakeupTalk e-Newsletter, click here then look at the "Receive Email from Administrators" and check the box off accordingly MakeupTalk© is a subsidiary of AR Websolutions, Inc Site Design and hosted by TonysDesigns.com Advertisement Visit http://www.fsh1.com for all your financial needs
Always,

Merianne

"Well behaved women rarely make history."
03.gif

</XBODY>

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Hello all you MUT-ers. The latest newsletter just came out, and we'd like to know your thoughts on it! Do you have any comments or suggestions about what we can add to the newsletter, or even take away? Post anything about the newsletter here!

wink.gif

Yours truly,

Julia

Latest posts

Back