Making eyes whiter?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make the whites of your eyes whiter? Mine are looking kind of yellow
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Does anyone know how to make the whites of your eyes whiter? Mine are looking kind of yellow
frown.gif
I use 'Rohto V' Drops... I've definitely noticed a difference... but they are definitely something to get used to... they are actually kind of minty! Give you a "WOAH!" feeling for a few seconds!!! Definitely refreshing though! They kinda make your eyes feel cool - hard to explain- but it's really neat!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

200.jpg

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I use 'Rohto V' Drops... I've definitely noticed a difference... but they are definitely something to get used to... they are actually kind of minty! Give you a "WOAH!" feeling for a few seconds!!! Definitely refreshing though! They kinda make your eyes feel cool - hard to explain- but it's really neat!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

200.jpg

not for use with contacts though right?

Originally Posted by Anya1976 not for use with contacts though right? not while they're in... I dunno - I haven't tried it. Says not to on the box, so I figured I better just use the drops in the morning and at night when I don't have them in. But I used the drops a few min. ago - and only took out my contacts about 5 min. before that... and my eyes feel so much better... they get dry sometimes from my contacts.
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 not while they're in... I dunno - I haven't tried it. Says not to on the box, so I figured I better just use the drops in the morning and at night when I don't have them in. But I used the drops a few min. ago - and only took out my contacts about 5 min. before that... and my eyes feel so much better... they get dry sometimes from my contacts.
rolleyes.gif
i'll have to look for this stuff.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i'll have to look for this stuff. I got mine in Walgreens - but I'm sure you can find it in most drugstores
redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I got mine in Walgreens - but I'm sure you can find it in most drugstores
redface.gif
i will look at walgreens next time i go

I don't know of any products Lizzy but i have heard that applying white liner on your lower inner rims really brightens up the eyes.. Hope that helps! Try the product Janelle mentioned though, it sounds cool
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally What about Visine ..."it gets the red out" ...not sure how well it works! Then there is that product Janelle recommended ..never seen it before ..but then I never really looked for eye stuff either. I actually decided to try it because Erica on here (FeistyFemme) said she used it & that it was good - and it is!
smile.gif

Hello. Can you tell me how this compares with Visine? I know with Visine the eye docs say you can get addicted to it, and develop a tolerance for it. Can you use this one safely every day.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I use 'Rohto V' Drops... I've definitely noticed a difference... but they are definitely something to get used to... they are actually kind of minty! Give you a "WOAH!" feeling for a few seconds!!! Definitely refreshing though! They kinda make your eyes feel cool - hard to explain- but it's really neat!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

200.jpg

Originally Posted by Holly Hello. Can you tell me how this compares with Visine? I know with Visine the eye docs say you can get addicted to it, and develop a tolerance for it. Can you use this one safely every day. This has more of a cooling effect - Visine, you really don't feel anything - this kind of has a 'punch' to it... it's so hard to describe - but it has like a menthol effect - almost like the feeling of putting ice water in your eyes. I don't know about getting addicted to it... but it works great, and keeps your eyes refreshed
icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the tip. I will have to check it out. I was bad with the visine when I was a teen. I used it every few hours, and no I didn't do drugs
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. I was into that bad 80's look where you use the heavy black kohl eyeliner on the inside rim. I think the eyeliner irritated the eyes , and I needed th visine to get them back to normal. I have since had lasik eye surgery and find my eyes dry out really easily now.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 This has more of a cooling effect - Visine, you really don't feel anything - this kind of has a 'punch' to it... it's so hard to describe - but it has like a menthol effect - almost like the feeling of putting ice water in your eyes. I don't know about getting addicted to it... but it works great, and keeps your eyes refreshed
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Holly Thanks for the tip. I will have to check it out. I was bad with the visine when I was a teen. I used it every few hours, and no I didn't do drugs
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. I was into that bad 80's look where you use the heavy black kohl eyeliner on the inside rim. I think the eyeliner irritated the eyes , and I needed th visine to get them back to normal. I have since had lasik eye surgery and find my eyes dry out really easily now. I want to get that LASIK - I'm sick of relying on contacts & glasses ... Are you happy with it?
icon_wink.gif

Yes. I am happy that my vision is good, but I did unfortunately end up with dilated pupils that require me to wear sunglasses outside or it really hurts my eyes. I am hoping that cuts down on crow's feet down the way. I am trying to look on the bright side. My husband and three of my best friends all had it done with no side effects. I had it four years ago and have more than paid the 1,000 back in contact lens and exam costs.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I want to get that LASIK - I'm sick of relying on contacts & glasses ... Are you happy with it?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Holly Yes. I am happy that my vision is good, but I did unfortunately end up with dilated pupils that require me to wear sunglasses outside or it really hurts my eyes. I am hoping that cuts down on crow's feet down the way. I am trying to look on the bright side. My husband and three of my best friends all had it done with no side effects. I had it four years ago and have more than paid the 1,000 back in contact lens and exam costs. good point... luckily both my eyes are the same Rx... so I can get 3 pairs out of a box - which is $22. And usually lasts me awhile when I mix em' with wearing glasses. But I am definitly interested in investing in the Lasik... seems like a good option. Thanks for the info Holly!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I bought some Rohto V as the store today and am going to give it a try. I am glad you let me know to be prepared for it being "minty".

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 good point... luckily both my eyes are the same Rx... so I can get 3 pairs out of a box - which is $22. And usually lasts me awhile when I mix em' with wearing glasses. But I am definitly interested in investing in the Lasik... seems like a good option. Thanks for the info Holly!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

if your eyes are yellow i would have a doctor check my liver functions. marian rn

Originally Posted by Liz Does anyone know how to make the whites of your eyes whiter? Mine are looking kind of yellow
frown.gif

I've been using the roto-v for about a month now, since Janelle posted about this once before and HELLO be prepared the first time I tried it I was in the car and thankfully I was in the parking lot cuz I was kinda blinded for a moment. It is definitely minty to the eyes! I like it now though.

I read in numerous magazine articles that you should not use eye drops everyday, but once in a while. B/c it said something about your eyes getting used to the drops and making no difference after awhile. So I would definitly read up on how often drops could be used if you want to go down that route. I also did hear about the white eyeliner thing that someone else suggested to make your eyes appear whiter.

Also, I dont know if this is a dumb question, if it is, just kidding. But do you smoke??? Would smoking or any other thing have anything to do with the yellow coloration??? I've never smoked, but for some weird reason, that popped into my head. I think b/c I was thinking how it makes your teeth and nails stained.

Latest posts

Back