March 2014 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss the days of multiple mystery box options. Back when it was a gamble as to what exactly you'd get. I thought the combo of one guaranteed nail polish and then a couple different possible box combos was awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
(my work computer is super outdated and I cannot do the spoiler thing, so if you don't want to know stop reading now
smile.gif
)

Girls! Someone on facebook has received their mystery boxes!! I don't have the pic but I'll list the polishes she received...

Taryn Mystery Box: Taryn, Tatiana, Dahlia, and Brielle, along with Neon Dips, Lengthening Mascara, and Mint Condition.
Aislinn Mystery Box: Aislinn, Tatiana, Jennifer, Tracy, and Kennedy, along with Neon Dips and Mint Condition
100% Mystery Box: Shenea, Olivia, Reece, Missy, Diana, Jodie, Audrey, and Ursula.

As small as my Julep collection is, it looks like I'll still end up with a dupe from my Taryn box. And, it's one I already have up for swap b/c I didn't like it much.. Ah well, that's the gamble I took.
Thank you so much!!! I like a few of these but dislike a few also. I wonder what will be in the Shannon mystery box. By some miracle of miracles I don't have any of the polishes above so I am tempted to get a mystery box but do I really need 70 nail polishes??? Yes that is how many I have now bc of Julep! Hmmmmm I continue to wait for SHannon mystery box spoilers. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Now I'm going to be REALLY mad if my Taryn box doesn't get here safely to my address screwup (I checked and there's no one I can talk to in order to get it fixed). My only dupe would be the pedi creme and I love all the polishes! Definitely glad I didn't get the Aislinn box, but the 100% mystery box is looking tempting now too. My only dupe in that box would be Reece and I'd love an extra bottle of it. The other colors are all ones I wouldn't mind having.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
(my work computer is super outdated and I cannot do the spoiler thing, so if you don't want to know stop reading now
smile.gif
)

Girls! Someone on facebook has received their mystery boxes!! I don't have the pic but I'll list the polishes she received...

Taryn Mystery Box: Taryn, Tatiana, Dahlia, and Brielle, along with Neon Dips, Lengthening Mascara, and Mint Condition.
Aislinn Mystery Box: Aislinn, Tatiana, Jennifer, Tracy, and Kennedy, along with Neon Dips and Mint Condition
100% Mystery Box: Shenea, Olivia, Reece, Missy, Diana, Jodie, Audrey, and Ursula.

As small as my Julep collection is, it looks like I'll still end up with a dupe from my Taryn box. And, it's one I already have up for swap b/c I didn't like it much.. Ah well, that's the gamble I took.
Hmmmm, I'm torn on the Aislinn box. I like a few of the polishes and dislike the remainder of the products. Don't think it's worth the splurge. 

So for the 100% mystery box, are we for sure getting what the spoiler was? I don't know how I feel about that. I looked up the colors and I wasn't too wowed.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This page has spoilers for all four boxes plus the two mystery add-ons: http://www.evolutionofafoodie.com/2014/03/julep-lucky-mystery-box-spoilers.html

Unfortunately she doesn't show spoilers for the Shannon box, that one is still a mystery!!

I was going to say the same thing.  I ordered the Shannon Mystery box and I'm pretty curious to know what's in it.  I did take a look at the spoilers for the other boxes and I have a feeling I am gunna get burned again.  If I had gone with the Tarynn or Aislinn box I would have only liked the advertised color based on the spoilers.  I'm hoping this is not the case for the Shannon box and that there is at least one other polish besides Shannon that I will like (and not already have). I'm just so picky that mystery boxes are probably not for me, but I just wanted to treat myself this time.

I want Aislinn so bad but just do not need another mint foot cream or neon dips. I already have both! Surprisingly the other polishes would not be dupes though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This page has spoilers for all four boxes plus the two mystery add-ons: http://www.evolutionofafoodie.com/2014/03/julep-lucky-mystery-box-spoilers.html
It's been updated with Shannon 
smile.gif

Thanks, Kelly!  I'm still debating whether the $25 is worth it for basically the one polish I want (Aislinn) and the Mint Condition, as I either have or am not crazy about the other items.  I'd probably throw some Jules at this, if that was an option.  But since it's not, I will probably pass on this one.  It's great that we've got spoilers while there are still a few days to decide.

Come on, April.

smile.gif

Thank you @Kelly Silva for the great blog.

I am officially skipping. Phew! $25 saved. No crackle for me and I have 2 dupes in this box plus the other two are not intriguing enough for me. PASS!

@Kelly Silva love your blog post!!  And from now on, I'm waiting for spoilers, or like you said, buying what I want when it goes on sale.  Just need to get past that part of my brain that convinces me I need to buy each Julep product right away, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vikki120306 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @Kelly Silva love your blog post!!  And from now on, I'm waiting for spoilers, or like you said, buying what I want when it goes on sale.  Just need to get past that part of my brain that convinces me I need to buy each Julep product right away, lol.
yup...  This.  I suspect my sister will be the beneficiary of my hasty decision.

Oh well.

Quote: Originally Posted by keewee10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  yup...  This.  I suspect my sister will be the beneficiary of my hasty decision.

Oh well.
Yeah I'm already setting up swaps for my duplicates.

So out of curiosity I went to the Julep site to see how much each of the polishes currently cost for the Shannon mystery box and the big mystery add on, just to see how much value i'm actually getting compared to if I would purchase each of the polishes individually:

Shannon Mystery Box - Tatiana, Fiore, Blakely and Shannon (Shannon is not sold on its own yet) each cost 11.20, Kennedy is selling for $3.99, Sabrna for 2.99 and the Glycolic hand scrub for 18.40 - total for the box is $70.18. I already have Blakely, so for me I'm really only getting $58.98

Big Mystery add on - Nicolette is selling for 3.99, Ciara for 11.20, Alaina and Char for 6.99 and the Mini top coat is $6.40 (recalculated based on the cost of the full size) - Total for the box is $35.57. I already have nicolette so I'm really only getting $31.58. I may also have Alaina (I will need to check when I get home).

I'm happy because I did not get many dupes, but when looking at it this way, I don't feel like we are getting as much in value as it is advertised.

smile.gif

Thank you for updating your blog with the Shannon Mystery Box 
smile.gif

It appears as though I will burned again by a Julep Mystery Box.  If this is indeed the box I get I really won't want anything except Shannon.  The only other polish I like is Fiore but I already have something super similar so it's a bit useless to me (as a side note every time I check out on Julep Fiore comes up as a $4.99 add-on).

I must remember this the next time Mystery boxes come out.

At least there's no America this time 
wink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So out of curiosity I went to the Julep site to see how much each of the polishes currently cost for the Shannon mystery box and the big mystery add on, just to see how much value i'm actually getting compared to if I would purchase each of the polishes individually:

Shannon Mystery Box - Tatiana, Fiore, Blakely and Shannon (Shannon is not sold on its own yet) each cost 11.20, Kennedy is selling for $3.99, Sabrna for 2.99 and the Glycolic hand scrub for 18.40 - total for the box is $70.18. I already have Blakely, so for me I'm really only getting $58.98

Big Mystery add on - Nicolette is selling for 3.99, Ciara for 11.20, Alaina and Char for 6.99 and the Mini top coat is $6.40 (recalculated based on the cost of the full size) - Total for the box is $35.57. I already have nicolette so I'm really only getting $31.58. I may also have Alaina (I will need to check when I get home).

I'm happy because I did not get many dupes, but when looking at it this way, I don't feel like we are getting as much in value as it is advertised.

Sadly they'll tell you that the value is based on the full price of everything, not what they're actually selling for on the site.

Back