Mascara Tip

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies I just wanted to add a Lil tip because I see so many women that make the same mistake. When you take the wand out of the tube as much as it itches you to,DONTwipe the excess on the opening of the tube.This drys out your mascara so much faster and it clumps the good part of the mascara in the tube.Also dont pump the wand it causes the same issues.Hope this helps prolong your mascaras!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey ladies I just wanted to add a Lil tip because I see so many women that make the same mistake. When you take the wand out of the tube as much as it itches you to,DONTwipe the excess on the opening of the tube.This drys out your mascara so much faster and it clumps the good part of the mascara in the tube.Also dont pump the wand it causes the same issues.Hope this helps prolong your mascaras! oops, I´m guilty of doing both
icon_wink.gif
I knew these things before, but you see everybody doing it so I thought it couldn´t be that bad

so thanks for the info!!!

Originally Posted by Arielle oops, I´m guilty of doing both
icon_wink.gif
I knew these things before, but you see everybody doing it so I thought it couldn´t be that bad

so thanks for the info!!!

No problem,Everytime I do a clients makeup I always ask them to show me how they use their mascara and everyone does the same thing so dont feel bad.lol
icon_lol.gif

Where exactly do you wipe the excess then? I've tried kleenex and toilet paper but then you have kleenex or toilet paper lint stuck to the brush. Do you mean don't wipe the excess off at all? I guess I could give it a try but I'm always afraid that the excess will smear around my eyes when I'm putting it on.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey ladies I just wanted to add a Lil tip because I see so many women that make the same mistake. When you take the wand out of the tube as much as it itches you to,DONTwipe the excess on the opening of the tube.This drys out your mascara so much faster and it clumps the good part of the mascara in the tube.Also dont pump the wand it causes the same issues.Hope this helps prolong your mascaras!

I am going to put a roll of paper towel upstairs right now! I can't believe I've never tried that. Thanks!

Originally Posted by charms23 Yeah, kleenex is bad - I've read that if you use paper towels, you won't get any lint stuck on your mascara wand.

I am sooooo guilty of doing both those things.
icon_redface.gif
Thanks for posting that!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey ladies I just wanted to add a Lil tip because I see so many women that make the same mistake. When you take the wand out of the tube as much as it itches you to,DONTwipe the excess on the opening of the tube.This drys out your mascara so much faster and it clumps the good part of the mascara in the tube.Also dont pump the wand it causes the same issues.Hope this helps prolong your mascaras!

I have been really trying hard not to pump the wand, I still catch myself every so often tho. About the wiping the excess off with a tissue...magazines have been advising this for as long as I can remember (and still are!) I never understood it, doesn't lint get on the mascara wand and then into the tube? I have never tried this b/c I just don't see how it could work. I always just wipe it on the rim!
icon_redface.gif

GUILTY
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by elljmz Where exactly do you wipe the excess then? I've tried kleenex and toilet paper but then you have kleenex or toilet paper lint stuck to the brush. Do you mean don't wipe the excess off at all? I guess I could give it a try but I'm always afraid that the excess will smear around my eyes when I'm putting it on. I wipe it on baby wipes,awesome tool to have in your makeup bag.

Ok i must be the only freak here that DOES NOT wipe her mascara wand before using it! I just open up my YSL Faux Cils and apply it immediately *oops*

LOL! Me too!

Originally Posted by Laura Ok i must be the only freak here that DOES NOT wipe her mascara wand before using it! I just open up my YSL Faux Cils and apply it immediately *oops*

Great idea! I have a container of them in almost every room of my house for my daughter anyway. Thanks!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 I wipe it on baby wipes,awesome tool to have in your makeup bag.

Latest posts

Back