Masks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  • Do you use masks
  • If you do how often are you using them?
  • Are masks worth it or another product gimmick that means more profit in the cosmetic companies' pocket?
I've used some masks and some of them do a better job than others but I'm not sure if they are really worth it. They seem to work for about a day but after that your skin goes back to being the way it was before. I did like Georgette Klinger face masks that were sold to me as "the most necessary home care product" after my facial. Of course I bought into that and know better now. Won't do that again. I'm actually avoiding professional facials now because I got tired of hearing about all the products they recommend after and look at you funny when you are not interested in buying them. My skin has never been better than when I used Georgette Klinger products however I quit using them because you had to get the products from the salon because they weren't sold anywhere else and everytime I went there they were wondering why I hadn't scheduled a facial in a while. (They could see my info on their computer when I was making the purchase) Well they lost me as a client. My skin suffered but oh well. I'm sure there are other products that are comparable if not better.

Do you use masks? Yep, I sure do!
smile.gif

If you do, how often are you using them? In the summer, I usually use a mask AT LEAST once a week. And in the cooler months, it's more like once every 2 weeks.

Are masks worth it? If you have a good one, then YES! My fave mask is Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It temporarily tightens my pores, clears up blemishes, soaks up oil, and makes my skin glow! Plus, you get a huge tube for cheap, and it lasts forever!

I know what you mean! People can be very pushy, I don't like that either. I use a mask one a week generally. I really like the Dermalogica line, not a lot of bells and whistles, just effective skin care. Your right about the mask quiting after a few times. I change it up depending on what my skin is doing. Right now its real dry so I'm using a hydrating mask. If you want to try an at home mask try Milk of Magnesia (sp) I'm not kidding! Just apply it over your whole face, leave it on for 20 minutes or so and wash it off. Your skin will be radient! Try it and let me know.

I use masks for oily/combinated skin twice per week and moisturening masks once per week.

I use them.

I use Queen Helene Mint Julep every week which I love, and also Liz Earle Brightening Treatment mask if I'm going out somewhere special, it really does make me glow.

I like mask, especially mark decongesting scrub mask. I think it makes my acne scars lighter as well as smooths my skin.

this is a really old thread, but still a great subject!

i use several masks to help normalize my skin. this aging thing is some hard work! lol~

queen helene mint julep - to calm congestion

origins out of trouble - salicylic acid to help with breakouts

dermalogica multi vitamin - skin is looking dull and dehydrated

dermalogica skin hydrating - the only mask i can use on my eyelids

queen helene mud mask - to help soften tiny lines

i use one of these at least once a week depending on how my skin is acting at the time.

woo hoo! I actually was going to start a mask thread. Lately, masks have been my latest craze, I have tried a few and read some reviews about many, so far my favorites are:

Arbonne exfoliating thermal fusion mask

The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask

Montagne Jeunesse masks (sauna and peel off)

and my ultimate fav for the moment: Epicuren Volcanic Clay Purifying mask

I have tried:

The Body Shop Tea tree oil mask

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

Borghese Fango active mud

Proactive Mask

along with some homemade masks

I am intrigued and want to try:

DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask

Aztec Indian Healing Clay

Laneige Water sleeping pack

Paula's choice carbon mask

Aubrey Organics blue green algae mask

Lush Mask of Magnaminty

Olay Daily Facials deep cleansing mask

I do believe that some products don't not live up to their claim and they just want to make money, however a few have really worked well on me and have lived up to their claims.

I do a mask once a week, I would like to to 2-3 times but I don't have a lot of time or I am really really lazy...

as far as facials go and estheticians...I LOVE facials, they are my ultimate relaxing thing, and I have never had anyone (with the exception of now, since I work at a spa and a lot of girls I work with want me to try products) push me into buying products they used on me during my facial. But I understand a lot of eistheticians just want to help but sometimes they can go overboard and pressure you into buying things you really don't need.

but as far as masks and stuff like that go, I like them and will continue to use them as long as they keep working for me!

I use Cindy Crawford Face Masque about 2 - 3 times a week, usually just before bedtime. I leave it on for about 15 - 20 minutes and then wash it off with a cloth. I love all of her products, but I have also used Lauren Hutton's line also which is very good too. I am 60, but IMHO I look ( a young ) 40. But I think that I have never smoked has also been a plus for my soft winkle free ( almost )skin.

I don' use mask. But I know ı need to use. I have a little shiny T zone. My cheeks are a bit dry, but not much. I have large pore on my cheeks and comedon. I don't know which brand is very good. I don't want to throw ı buy mask. Could you recommend brand for me? Thank you for answers.

I do use masks, usually 2 times a week. I have several different masks, most of them are Montagne Jeunesse masks (love them), Dermalogica's and Lumene's. I think they are really effective: at summer masks keep my skin clear and oil-free and in the winter they moisturize well.

Personally, my follow through with skin care is not great. So I don't really apply masks at home regularly. But you definetly should! Masks should be used once a week to clean out all impurities. But you should get one specifically for your skin, otherwise it is not effective!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you use masks? Yep, I sure do!
smile.gif

If you do, how often are you using them? In the summer, I usually use a mask AT LEAST once a week. And in the cooler months, it's more like once every 2 weeks.

Are masks worth it? If you have a good one, then YES! My fave mask is Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It temporarily tightens my pores, clears up blemishes, soaks up oil, and makes my skin glow! Plus, you get a huge tube for cheap, and it lasts forever!

I couldn't agree more!! I did a review on this very mask today on twitter! I can't believe the INSTANT results it provides at such an economical pricepoint too!!!

I'm on the Queen Helene boat. I don't get to use it as much as I'd like, but when I have the time my skin feels better, tighter, with reduced pores (and I feel like very few products make an actual difference on my pore size).

Latest posts

Back