Matching makeup and clothes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to get more daring and try some colored eye looks (maybe some purple), so I was wondering if you girls matched your clothes to your makeup when you wear colored makeup? Do match exactly (e.g. blue eyes and blue shirt), similar or complementary colors (e.g. blue eyes and purple shirt) or just wear neutral clothes with colored makeup? Or do you not match anything at all? Just curious!
smile.gif

Depending upon my mood I will do a lot of things. Sometimes, very rarely, I match my eyeshadow to my shirt color. I more often wear a complimentary color of eyeshadow. But most of the time what I will do is wear something that stands out. For instance I will wear a bright yellow shirt with lavender e/s. Or a blue shirt with bronze e/s. I don't think it is right to match your e/s color to your shirt color because then you will blend in.

Today I matched my eye look to the colour of my top (both green). It really does depend how I feel, usually there's something quite bright and colourful about my MU especially now it's spring so sometimes it matches sometimes it doesn't. I di like the way the green went with my newly red(dish) hair though.

i have this same problem.... what to wear with what lol most of my clothes ae either black or purple or blue so i think it's harder for me to wear green shadows. so that's why most of my shadows are neutrals. they are "safe" i need to break out of myshell too.

I can see how you won't want to match the exact colors every day, I just don't want to clash either -- I hardly ever wear neutral clothes (well except for pants) and I don't want to be *too* colorful and look like a clown! lol So I was just wondering what you girls did!

Mine depends on my mood, and the amount of time i have to do my MU! Sometimes i match my top, sometimes accessories or sometimes totally different!

I don't usually match my clothes to my makeup - I usually do whatever makeup I feel, then pick out my clothes. A lot of times I will pick a complimentary color, and occasionally I will match my eye makeup to my shirt (like pink eyes, pink shirt). I might not match, but I wear what I want.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Sometimes I match clothes closely, sometimes use a complimentary colour, somes I match/compliment an accessory I'm wearing (necklace, bag etc), and sometimes I dont match at all! x Ditto!

Me too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Sometimes I match clothes closely, sometimes use a complimentary colour, somes I match/compliment an accessory I'm wearing (necklace, bag etc), and sometimes I dont match at all! x

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I don't usually match my clothes to my makeup - I usually do whatever makeup I feel, then pick out my clothes. A lot of times I will pick a complimentary color, and occasionally I will match my eye makeup to my shirt (like pink eyes, pink shirt). I might not match, but I wear what I want.
smile.gif
i need to be a rebel and not care if i don't match at all.

Latest posts

Back