May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How nutty will I seem if I say I'd like to receive an all-natural stick of deodorant in the May bag?? Haha
I only use all natural deoderants.  Tom's and one from Lush.  I found a new one I want to try which is a little pricey.  I wouldn't mind that being my "deluxe sample"

I haven't even tried all the products in my April bag yet and here I am stalking the May bag! LOL

I got an email yesterday about the gift subscriptions being open. At the very bottom it said May's bag was going to be amazing. For some reason that made me really excited for May's bag. I'm hoping theBalm and/or urban decay will be in it. Ever since I missed out on the vault from urban decay (twice) I have been obsessed with colorful eyeliners. I would love to get a purple, green or blue eyeliner in one of my Ipsy bags.

As soon as I know what's going to be inside that bag im ready for the next month. Im sure once I know whats coming in May im going to be like ok June! lol.

I personally think that bag is really creepy looking lol.
I agree! Disembodied red lips just makes me think of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. And I love Rocky Horror, but not for a makeup bag.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was reminded of that!

Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! Disembodied red lips just makes me think of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. And I love Rocky Horror, but not for a makeup bag.

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only use all natural deoderants.  Tom's and one from Lush.  I found a new one I want to try which is a little pricey.  I wouldn't mind that being my "deluxe sample"
I've tried the Tom's but I'll look into Lush. I only suggest natural deodorants since they're pricey but still effective, and some people might not have access to good natural health foods stores (I know I don't). And it's nice that they do come in stick form so they're still convenient. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely don't like the idea of putting all that aluminum on my body or that close to my boobies.
madno.gif

I, too, dislike that lip bag. It's creepy and looks like it has vamp teeth or cigs sticking out of it. Ick! But a lip product bag... yes, please!!
biggrin.gif

Haha I love how everyone either totally loves or totally hates the lip bag.  I was in the love camp but the people who are saying it looks like cigarettes certainly do have a point.  The more I stare at it the creepier it gets...but I still want it (not for $48 though).  

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering about that! Maybe that is going to be our May bag and someone made a mistake? Now I wish I had paid closer attention to what was poking out of it! I don't really like the lip-shaped bag, but maybe it's a hint that it will be a lip-themed bag, full of lip products? That is my biggest cosmetic weakness, so I would totally love that!!!
So agree--Lip products are one of my top weaknesses too. Even if I am lazy with my other makeup, it is just so easy to grab a few lip products to toss in your bag. I think that's why I like them so much!

Originally Posted by lovemesomeipsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am soooo sick of getting eyeshadows! We get eyeshadows almost every month. I would love to get some brushes or some body butter/ lotion! Even though they just gave nail polish in April, I WANT MORE ;D I loove nail polish and I would love some bolder colors! Maybe a royal blue? I personally did not like the March bag and was not impressed with the April bag. In the march bag, I got eyeshadow colors that did not compliment me at all, hydrating mist which smells awful, a useless palette, and the only thing i liked, the wipes. In April, I got two eyeshadow colors very similar to the ones I got in March, Soy renewal which I am allergic to (the soy), great nail polish, and blush. I personally don't wear blush or concealer, or foundation, or setting powder in that matter. I have been with ipsy for quite a long time, but if the next two months are like march and april, i am probably going to switch to another subscription box. August 2012 to February 2013 were amazing! I think they are lowering their standards... 
Hmm...Now you make me want to go back and see what they offered from Aug to Feb, lol! April was my first month. I was impressed and disappointed at the same time. I was impressed with what was offered, but disappointed in that in every single instance (except for one where I had no real preference) I got the exact opposite of what I wanted. I got the mica (wanted the duo shadows), got the Sweet Cheeks (wanted Beach Please), and got the peach nail polish (wanted pink). I just agreed to swap with someone in California for the polish. The duo shadow was super cheap to order, plus I got a free lip gloss with it. All that remains is the blush. I was going to trade with someone, giving her the mica powder for the blush, but because my internet was out for a day, she may have arranged for another swap. No biggie. I'm pretty hung up on my Tarte and Too Faced blushes anyway, plus I don't like the parabens in the Bombshell blush, so it isn't like I would use it all too often.

Anyway, as I said in response to someone else, lip products are just about my favorite thing to get in sub boxes. However, eyeshadows are a very close second for me. But I am coming at it from the standpoint of someone who is new to Ipsy. If they send them out all the time--and in similar colors--I could see where it would get old. Personally, I think the thing they could do to improve the most would be to find a way to plan ahead enough to get the right shades/colors to the right customers. I know they don't want to spoil the surprise, but it seems like they could ask vague questions that would not give away brand names. For example, and depending on how far ahead they planned, they could send out a survey for, say, the next 2 months and ask things like: "When it comes to nail polish, I generally prefer A. peach over pink or B. pink over peach." "When it comes to lip products, I generally prefer A. light pink shades or B. bright pink shades or C. dark red shades." Whatever to make sure customers got what they wanted. With Birchbox, where they do so very many variations, it would be too hard to do something like this. But Ipsy only had 4 products where everyone got the same basic products in one shade or another. Sorry. I'm not good enough at math to quickly come up with how many different bags would be possible, but it can't be all that many. I don't think it would be too hard to do something like this. Plus, even if you were sick of shadows in general, I'm sure you'd be much happier if you could at least vary the shades every few months, and doing surveys like this every month or two should help with that, I would think.

Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just save it for Halloween, lol! I shouldn't joke. I think it is cute, but I have been in the hate camp before, so I know how it feels. 

Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried the Tom's but I'll look into Lush. I only suggest natural deodorants since they're pricey but still effective, and some people might not have access to good natural health foods stores (I know I don't). And it's nice that they do come in stick form so they're still convenient. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely don't like the idea of putting all that aluminum on my body or that close to my boobies.
madno.gif

I, too, dislike that lip bag. It's creepy and looks like it has vamp teeth or cigs sticking out of it. Ick! But a lip product bag... yes, please!!
biggrin.gif
The Lush deodorant isn't in stick form and smells like patchouli more or less.. I love it but it def. isn't for everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Lush deodorant isn't in stick form and smells like patchouli more or less.. I love it but it def. isn't for everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have the LUSH Aromaco deodorant and I didn't like it...it gave my pits this weird moist feeling :/ Wanted to try it out tho, since I love all their other products.

Maybe they've teamed up with theBalm this month and they'll be sending out samples of their new Instains.  Even though we just got a blush, it'd still be fun to get that specific one.  (And it's not like I don't have one on backorder from theBalm's crazy sale earlier this month...I just want MORE 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)  A girl can hope, right?

smokin.gif
<< And what's up with this guy?  Really?  It made me laugh a little.

For those (like me) who were bummed that our bag will probably not be a set of red lips, I found a few alternatives:

http://www.rickysnyc.com/style/bags/pvc/rickycity-lips-cosmetic-bags.html

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49990557/kiss-clutch-red-lips-bag-purse-1980s-80s

Both are only $10 or less. I am going to keep these on the back burner, just in case Ipsy does re-create the lip look for our bags. I really do want it!!!

Oh, and I love this one too, but it is more expensive, depending on which option you choose:

http://www.zazzle.com/red_hot_water_drops_glossy_shine_lips_makeup_bags-223368170787278284

Also, Milani supposedly has some similar bags (which they released around April 3 according to their FB page, but I couldn't get the link to work on the Milani site, so maybe they are sold out???) https://www.facebook.com/Milani

And for those crafty enough (not me!), here is a DIY link to make your own:

http://www.indianbeautyspot.com/2012/12/lip-cosmetic-bag-tutorial.html

Oh, and for those who thought of cigarettes, here ya go!:

pink_lip_shaped_purse.jpg

I think everything in that pic has already been featured in a previous bag. that picture might be old...I feel like it's (or a similar version) been shown before. 

Latest posts

Back