May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have emailed them but no answer yet. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They took almost two weeks to get back to my emails, and second email asking if they'd forgotten me ... A few days to get back to my response for that ... And they haven't gotten back to my reply to the last one. Their conversational skills leave a lot to be desired. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

Originally Posted by skylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad you got yours sorted out ! I emailed them on may 16. Got an auto reply on the 17th that they had not forgotten about me. I was patient and waited three more business days before shooting them another email. I still haven't heard anything at all, so I sent them one more email this morning.

I know they're probably swamped, and I'm Trying to be patient and understanding. I hate rude customers, but I feel like over 10 days for a customer service response is ridiculous.
frown.gif
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So... a few weeks ago I emailed Ipsy to let them know my contents didn't match my glam bag (I received a Mirabella Lipstick instead of the powder/lip liner/glimmer gloss that showed in my glam room) and they emailed me back a week later to say "sorry, we'll send you the correct item." I just got the package today and received (drum roll please...)

another lipstick.  I'm not upset at all, because now I have Pixie (coral), the color I wanted at the beginning (got Posy in my original bag), it's just like... Sorry we sent you a lipstick.  Here's another lipstick to make up for it!

But, I like the Pixie.  So... win/win? 
Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some other people here had this same exact issue. Ipsy is sending out another lipstick to *fix* the issue. At first they said 'we'll send you one of the other 3 products', and then sent a lipstick. Now they are saying they are *out* of the other three products, and are sending a lipstick. So I guess you should contact them, if you want another lipstick hopefully in a diff shade lol.
so i too was sent another lipstick...unfortunately in pixie which is what i already received in my original bag!!! 
wtf.gif
  i just emailed them again to let them know my disappointment, not so much in the items but rather my customer service experience.  had i received it in another color, i'd be ok.  i'm thinking they won't do anything further about it.  oh well, whatevs.

I also got moxie daredevil in my replacement bag, but I did get a Pacifica rollerball and the luminizing body butter AND they sent me a replacement UD moondust, so I guess I can't complain! Still, I don't need two daredevil glosses... Guess I'll have to get a juice beauty gloss another time.

So, my May bag was lost (ish). We just moved & I had submitted a request to forward our mail starting on 5/31. My bag was out for delivery on 5/20 and for some reason our mail lady thought that she was supposed to forward our mail already, so when I checked the tracking later, it just said 'Forwarded.' Called the Post Office & they just said they read the date wrong & they'd send it back out for delivery by the end of the week. Never got it. Called early last week and they basically said they couldn't find it & that I'd have to wait 30 days to file a claim. 

I emailed Ipsy on a whim on Friday night, even though this is obviously not their fault at all. I just thought maybe the package would have been returned to them or something.  They emailed me this morning & said they'd send me a replacement bag! Honestly thinking she may have misunderstood my email or something, but I'm not complaining. Curious to see what products are in it, as it appears they're out of most of the May items!

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, my May bag was lost (ish). We just moved & I had submitted a request to forward our mail starting on 5/31. My bag was out for delivery on 5/20 and for some reason our mail lady thought that she was supposed to forward our mail already, so when I checked the tracking later, it just said 'Forwarded.' Called the Post Office & they just said they read the date wrong & they'd send it back out for delivery by the end of the week. Never got it. Called early last week and they basically said they couldn't find it & that I'd have to wait 30 days to file a claim. 

I emailed Ipsy on a whim on Friday night, even though this is obviously not their fault at all. I just thought maybe the package would have been returned to them or something.  They emailed me this morning & said they'd send me a replacement bag! Honestly thinking she may have misunderstood my email or something, but I'm not complaining. Curious to see what products are in it, as it appears they're out of most of the May items!
They usually are very understanding and nice when it comes to needing to send a replacement bag or items. The only issue people are running into now is that Ipsy seems to not have many products left to send from this bag! BUT at least Ipsy still has good customer service when it comes to sending replacements!
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They usually are very understanding and nice when it comes to needing to send a replacement bag or items. The only issue people are running into now is that Ipsy seems to not have many products left to send from this bag! BUT at least Ipsy still has good customer service when it comes to sending replacements!
smilehappyyes.gif

Yeah, I think they sold too many of the May bags so they didn't take into account replacements. But, I agree with CheshireCookie that they have good customer service regarding replacements. 
iagree.gif

After almost a week I finally got an answer back about the item I recieved Mirabella lipstick not matching what was in my Glam room.  Out of the two times I have contacted their customer service I have been underwhelmed in the time it takes them to reply as well as their responsed.  Also I know it is just me but it bothers me they sign emails xoxo.  I am probably old and behind the times but I thought xoxo meant hugs and kisses.  Does it mean something else I am not aware of? 

Thank you for contacting ipsyCare! I've checked your account to better understand your situation and our records show we sold out of the Mirabella Gloss, Powder, and Lip Lustre Liner by the time your bag was being prepared at our warehouse. We are so sorry you did not receive the products shown in your Glam Room, and thank you for your patience and understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with anything. We hope you love your future Glam Bags, and thank you for your support!

xoxo
Janelle

MAY 31, 2013  |  06:07PM PDT Original messagelovepink wrote: Hello!I know you are super busy getting ready for the event in LA this weekend but I wanted to email about my Ipsy bag. In my Glam room it shows I would recieve the Mirabella Glimmer Gloss, Mirabella Perfecting powder or the Mirabella Lip lustre liner. I recieved a lip stick.Is this usual to not recieve the items in your glam room? I ask as I was super excited to try any one of those items and instead got something completely different!Thank you for your time and attention in this matter!Hope you have a great weekend and good luck at your event!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After almost a week I finally got an answer back about the item I recieved Mirabella lipstick not matching what was in my Glam room.  Out of the two times I have contacted their customer service I have been underwhelmed in the time it takes them to reply as well as their responsed.  Also I know it is just me but it bothers me they sign emails xoxo.  I am probably old and behind the times but I thought xoxo meant hugs and kisses.  Does it mean something else I am not aware of? 

Thank you for contacting ipsyCare! I've checked your account to better understand your situation and our records show we sold out of the Mirabella Gloss, Powder, and Lip Lustre Liner by the time your bag was being prepared at our warehouse. We are so sorry you did not receive the products shown in your Glam Room, and thank you for your patience and understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with anything. We hope you love your future Glam Bags, and thank you for your support!
xoxo

Janelle

MAY 31, 2013  |  06:07PM PDT Original messagelovepink wrote: Hello!I know you are super busy getting ready for the event in LA this weekend but I wanted to email about my Ipsy bag. In my Glam room it shows I would recieve the Mirabella Glimmer Gloss, Mirabella Perfecting powder or the Mirabella Lip lustre liner. I recieved a lip stick.Is this usual to not recieve the items in your glam room? I ask as I was super excited to try any one of those items and instead got something completely different!Thank you for your time and attention in this matter!Hope you have a great weekend and good luck at your event!
nope. i guess we can blame gossip girl for making "xoxo" more mainstream.

I know everybody is over on the June thread, but just wanted to say I got my May replacement bag today! They said they were out of some of the May products, so they would have to substitute, but I got the normal crowd pleaser bag: Zoya in pink, concealer, Anastasia brow gel, Pacifica roll-on in Tahitian Gardenia, & the Mirabella lipstick in Pixie. 

Now watch my original bag show up in the mail one of these days!

My weight is .464 with no bracelet. Really hoping to not receive the dry shampoo, but if I get it I will still try it! Everyone I have tried has never lasted or worked well for all day use.

I recently subscribed to Ipsy, Birchbox, Glossybox, and Boxycharm. I never knew subscription boxes existed! Super excited about Ipsy because it has the best reviews:) Any other boxes you guys recommend? 

Originally Posted by granolabox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I recently subscribed to Ipsy, Birchbox, Glossybox, and Boxycharm. I never knew subscription boxes existed! Super excited about Ipsy because it has the best reviews:) Any other boxes you guys recommend? 
Ooh, you should totally check out this thread!  There are way too many to list, but this will give you an idea of who all is out there and what they send (you may even want to start on the last page, some of the ones mentioned in the earlier pages have since gone out of business!)

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/123554/what-companies-do-you-subscribe-to

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know everybody is over on the June thread, but just wanted to say I got my May replacement bag today! They said they were out of some of the May products, so they would have to substitute, but I got the normal crowd pleaser bag: Zoya in pink, concealer, Anastasia brow gel, Pacifica roll-on in Tahitian Gardenia, & the Mirabella lipstick in Pixie. 

Now watch my original bag show up in the mail one of these days!
I am still hoping that my original bag shows up. I HATED my replacement bag.

Originally Posted by granolabox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also get Goodies (it's a food box) $7 and QVC New Beauty Test tube (it's sent quarterly) $29.96 + shipping $6.97 + tax (I live in IL. we are taxed to death) $2.31=$39.24  I enjoy both of those.

After recieving the Pacifica perfume in Mays bag I discovered they sell it at target, I picked up some of the Purify Coconut Water Cleansing wipes. Omg I am in LOVE!!! The smell is amazing!

Originally Posted by LizzieLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After recieving the Pacifica perfume in Mays bag I discovered they sell it at target, I picked up some of the Purify Coconut Water Cleansing wipes. Omg I am in LOVE!!! The smell is amazing!
Oooh, thanks!  I'm going to look for these at Target.

Originally Posted by LizzieLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Targets here in Brooklyn only carry a couple of the Blood Orange scented body butters. I wish they carried more Pacifica products!

Latest posts

Back