Maybelline Great Lash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi gals, what are your opinions on this mascara ? I got some today in Blackest black and havnt tried it yet as i have just cleansed the days make up off . It says on the pack, #1 mascara in the USA.

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Hi gals, what are your opinions on this mascara ? I got some today in Blackest black and havnt tried it yet as i have just cleansed the days make up off . It says on the pack, #1 mascara in the USA. And I've never understood how it continues to be #1..It's garbage..Smudgey,smeary,flakey mess..And no volume or length to speak of..

It's a pretty average mascara. I have no idea why it's considered *#1* over here. Sorry!

confused.gif

It must have been going for years as i remember my aunt wearing it in the 1970s. I suppose its because its a brand that people are used to. I like Estee Lauder the best.

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk It must have been going for years as i remember my aunt wearing it in the 1970s. I suppose its because its a brand that people are used to. I like Estee Lauder the best. I agree with the previous posts. I was not impressed with it. Max Factor's 2000 Calorie mascara is a great one to try if you want drug strore brand!
smile.gif

I think the reason why its so popular is that its good value for your money. Its not a bad mascara. It does the job. You can apply several coats (while wet) and get very good length.

Just like you said..it's been around even before me!!! LOL I used it in the early 70's...same stuff, different look. Still smudges...flakes, etc..cheap though.. Mirrenese...HSN...love it!!!!

i dont understand why its #1 either. it stinks! no matter how i apply it, it clumps and looks terrible. im not against drug store mascara, but i have found only one (loreal voluminous) that can be applied without clumping. i use EL pure velvet. its all about the brush.

I've just recently bought it, to see what the fuss is about, and to be honest, I like it. I haven't had any problems so far with smudging or flaking, and I like how it makes my lashes look.

i like it

i use it at the day time when i want a simple look

it make my lashes a lil beat longer

and they really light

I'm definitely not a fan. It didn't lengthen or thicken my lashes, and it was a watery smeary mess on me. lol.

I love L'Oreal HIP mascara! I use Maybelline Full and Soft when I want a more natural look.
smile.gif

When I had this, I didn't like it so much! It always smudged for me! But maybe I got a hold of a bad bottle... but then again, I bought another tube of teh curled brush and it wasn't any different. Which kind or you gals using? The original/curved brush, or water proof orginal/curved?

I think this product really made a name for itself back in the day...but I think technology with mascara has changed and there are lots of great formulations/brushes/etc that I prefer. For a totally natural look I suppose this will work, but I'm kind of addicted to the really long and thick lashes I get with CG Fantastic Lash or L'oreal HIP mascara

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the waterproof original brush and I like how it thickens my lashes. They are a good length already, but I think it does a good job of thickening them. I have gotten many compliments on my eyes when I wear this mascara. Go figure.
unknw.gif
my thought exactly! i love this mascara and replaced my lancome with it. my lashes are pretty long and thick on their own, but this mascara gives them the umph they need and for only $5 per tube! i use the blackest black non waterproof.

It's not good. It's the longest selling mascara. It smudges, smears, it's not really a big deal. I use to wear it as a teenager. Now it does'nt do much for me. I have used Max Factor and Estee Lauder, Lancome. I prefer a volume lenghtening formula. It really does'nt impact your eyes much.

I used this stuff all summer in the scorching heat, through all the sweat and humidity and I really loved it. Paired with a primer it never budged at all, no flaking, no smeary mess, nothing. It looked pretty good and the blackest black was really as the name says lol. I dont know if I wouldve liked it without primer, but otherwise I loved it and will probably get it again. I used the not waterproof formula too. And it wasnt the tiniest bit clumpy until 3 months later, but thats when I usualy replace any mascara anyways.

I tried it once - then gave it to my sister.
smile.gif

They perhaps should reintroduce honesty into the packaging: 'Was once #1 mascara, but all survey applicants died due to a meteor strike, eons ago. Since then there have been other brands available'.

Originally Posted by Gail Evans /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried it once - then gave it to my sister.
smile.gif

They perhaps should reintroduce honesty into the packaging: 'Was once #1 mascara, but all survey applicants died due to a meteor strike, eons ago. Since then there have been other brands available'.

add_wegbrech.gif

Not a fan at all. I have tried it. I used to buy it as a teen because it was cheap. So I bought it again not too long ago thinking it was great and it did nothing.

Very average , the blackest black one does darken a bit though. If your going for regular classic lashes, go ahead and try.

Latest posts

Back