Memebox Addiction Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@blushingbunny Hey hi~ Thats a new way.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Also I found that Memebox love including some of the recent brands they feature in Memeshop into boxes. If you don't love those brands, chances are you might still get them. eg Kangskin/Hope Girl/L.Vida/Konad/etc

I made my own honey box when we were waiting for honey 2 to be released and posted it in the Korean Beauty thread.  Of course, I still got honey 2 box when it was released!! lol 

I like to create my own, but I also like to see what memebox is going to give me as well.  I mean, that is why we do these types of boxes, isn't it?  Because we like the element of surprise.  Otherwise, we wouldn't want to purchase the boxes.

I made my own honey box when we were waiting for honey 2 to be released and posted it in the Korean Beauty thread.  Of course, I still got honey 2 box when it was released!! lol 

I like to create my own, but I also like to see what memebox is going to give me as well.  I mean, that is why we do these types of boxes, isn't it?  Because we like the element of surprise.  Otherwise, we wouldn't want to purchase the boxes.
I tend to do "theme" skincare shopping (accidentally) a fair bit, and I'll end up with mango lotion/body wash/hand cream/body mist or Strawberry Jam Eye Cream/Moisturizer/Wash Off Mask and so on. So I guess that's me making my own Memebox, especially since it's mostly Korean skincare.

But...Nothing takes the place of Memebox. I like to pick out things myself, absolutely. But...I love the surprise. And...I love Memebox. ...Even when it doesn't love me.

Sadly, I think some of us are just too far gone. But I hope it works for some of you gals!

@@blushingbunny Hey hi~ Thats a new way.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also I found that Memebox love including some of the recent brands they feature in Memeshop into boxes. If you don't love those brands, chances are you might still get them. eg Kangskin/Hope Girl/L.Vida/Konad/etc
That's a clever observation. My wallet thanks you for sharing!

Haha, I love that you made your own honey box. I'm curious to see what you included! I absolutely agree that the element of surprise is what makes this and so many other subscription services so irresistible. That's why I think it helps to examine the psychology of the situation so I know why I'm obsessing about something and whether or not it's with good reason. 

When it comes to beauty I think a lot of us are on this unsaid quest for miracle products to fix little things about ourselves. And what could be more miraculous than a tiny potion from a foreign country where all the women seem to exude beauty? Memebox as a company is definitely preying on this consumer belief that Korean beauty products are superior to what we have in the US, but I think we should ask ourselves, is this true? And what hard evidence do we have to support this? Now, don't get me wrong, I think some of the things Memebox offers are cool as hell, but I also think we have the technology here at home to achieve a lot of the same effects (dewy skin, flush lips and cheeks, etc).

At the end of the day you may come to the conclusion that Memebox is an absolutely irreplaceable purchase for you, or you may start to reevaluate the worth of Memebox like I have. Either way, it's good to keep our expectations in check.  Cheers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@blushingbunny  this was my honey box (I had honey facial masks already)

the BB cream and samples were just the samples and gifts from beautynetkorea

post-103689-0-17125900-1407945580.png

I like Korean facial care because of its ingredients and affordability.    I have found that I do not care for most of  USA or even European facial  products, because they are so heavily scented.  

Some Korean products are heavily scented too. A lot of the Missha face creams smell like old lady perfume. I haven't really run into any any migraine-inducing creams with Memebox, but it is the case for some Korean products. I agree its probably a lot less common with them than products from the U.S. 

@@biancardi, if I could be guaranteed a box that awesome I would definitely purchase... sadly, I can't imagine Memebox would be so generous. Fragrance in items is a definite downer for me too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
the sad thing is, those items cost 54.00 all together.   5 items.   Memebox could do this easily!  They need to have me curate a box or two - lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Korean products are heavily scented too. A lot of the Missha face creams smell like old lady perfume. I haven't really run into any any migraine-inducing creams with Memebox, but it is the case for some Korean products. I agree its probably a lot less common with them than products from the U.S. 
that is true.   I do find that some products are scented, but it is natural - they didn't add scent, it was just the products, like ginseng or fermented bean mung...

I do not mind if my products smell like food - lol - like chocolate or coconut ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I cancelled 7 boxes, (still have 21 box's being delivered)  after I received a large Memeshop order where everything was busted, and un-use able, I had enough. The only ones I'm going to buy from now on is the Global's and the cute box's and now back to the good old Euro, France, and the lovely Sephora products from now on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I cancelled 7 boxes, (still have 21 box's being delivered)  after I received a large Memeshop order where everything was busted, and un-use able, I had enough. The only ones I'm going to buy from now on is the Global's and the cute box's and now back to the good old Euro, France, and the lovely Sephora products from now on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
What did you get that was broken? I'm waiting for shop stuff too and now I'm concerned. But i certainly know how you feel about having enough of it though.

I have ran out of room and wanna try out lush products so without point discounts that are huge I won't purchase much for a while

I have ran out of room and wanna try out lush products so without point discounts that are huge I won't purchase much for a while
Yea same.

What did you get that was broken? I'm waiting for shop stuff too and now I'm concerned. But i certainly know how you feel about having enough of it though.
A bunch facial creams (glass bottles),  - (Plastic jars) , at least 50 puresmile gelee packs (all busted except for a maybe 5-10, mess everywhere) I spent over 150$ and only have about 10$ worth of stuff to use... Not happy, and you know they will give me a hard time, probably about 1 month to see any sort of refund or points.

I was going through my stash today and realised that after the boxes I have ordered i will struggle for space but will carry on doing my other boxes and the globals

I was going through my stash today and realised that after the boxes I have ordered i will struggle for space but will carry on doing my other boxes and the globals
Yea I'm sticking to just globals, and cute box's and maybe a Christmas box if they have one and that's it.

@, oh no! I hope they won't give you a hard time because you bought a lot! I bought those packs too and I'll be picking them up tomorrow. Now i wish i had them to see if it's ok.

So I just added the masks from Memebox 14 and a yes style order to my mask stash and I really think I may need an intervention! image.jpg. I have sooo many masks and I don't even know how many more I have ordered but it's a lot! How will I ever use all of these lol

Yea same.

A bunch facial creams (glass bottles),  - (Plastic jars) , at least 50 puresmile gelee packs (all busted except for a maybe 5-10, mess everywhere) I spent over 150$ and only have about 10$ worth of stuff to use... Not happy, and you know they will give me a hard time, probably about 1 month to see any sort of refund or points.
How awful :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!! Was it packaged well? International shipping can be such a nightmare. I hope you get a full refund for your troubles.

So I just added the masks from Memebox 14 and a yes style order to my mask stash and I really think I may need an intervention!
image.jpg. I have sooo many masks and I don't even know how many more I have ordered but it's a lot! How will I ever use all of these lol
It's not that bad :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Plus, they'd make great stocking stuffers, or put them in gift baskets for Christmas :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back