Memebox Addiction Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanted the Dirty Gal but I'm doing my best to limit myself for financial and storage reasons. (Small apartment.) Why must all of the boxes I want come out at the same time!? I had a cart full and was going to use the 20% off $200 coupon but sat there with it open for 15 minutes trying to convince myself I shouldn't buy it while the other part of me wanted to desperately check out. I ended up not buying my cart but I know I'm going to go through the same thing tomorrow. And keep doing it until the boxes I want get sold out (or until I just buy the cart). 

I'm very new to this - I've only actually received two boxes so far - but I have a lot of boxes coming. I'm afraid to count. I have two in transit at the moment. I know this is nothing compared to what a lot of you have done but considering I just started last month it feels like a lot to me!

I did the not checking out thing today too...I want the Empress and Cleopatra set and could be tempted by tea tree...but I also want to use one of the big codes if I'm going to make a new order (20% off 200) and I am holding out for a vanilla box. So many people have requested it, surely it must come soon?

In an ideal world I'd be able to buy an uber bundle of restocks (daily dose of beauty tempted me today), the vanilla box, some value sets and misc others...dunno if it will ever happen though.

I did the not checking out thing today too...I want the Empress and Cleopatra set and could be tempted by tea tree...but I also want to use one of the big codes if I'm going to make a new order (20% off 200) and I am holding out for a vanilla box. So many people have requested it, surely it must come soon?

In an ideal world I'd be able to buy an uber bundle of restocks (daily dose of beauty tempted me today), the vanilla box, some value sets and misc others...dunno if it will ever happen though.
Ive already used my 20% (woops) but I have ordered those three you mentioned. I reaaaaally want a vanilla box too, a vanilla, porridge and a new milk box would be my perfect bundle!

Ive already used my 20% (woops) but I have ordered those three you mentioned. I reaaaaally want a vanilla box too, a vanilla, porridge and a new milk box would be my perfect bundle!
I will always remember you and milk boxes! The cat needs milk, memespies! And vanilla~  :wub:

I just received my 15th box in 6 months and I have way too much stuff- an entire ALEX ikea drawer tower full. I have plenty for gifts and I could wait a year before buying most products I need.

Just to give people a realistic idea of how long it takes to be in product overload.

Just counted up how much I've spent in the last few months and really need to stop buying boxes! I've about 5 arrived and another 15 on order (some bundles, some singles). I'm on sick leave so blaming that on lack of self control so should be going back to work next month and hoping the number of boxes will begin to dwindle as wont have as much time on my hands (or access to the Internet 24/7).

Well, I've put this off as long as I could.

My name is Courtney, and I have a Memeproblem.

But the good news is...I canceled my "double" boxes today.

.....Including my precious Wine and Cheese. 

But hey, progress...Right? 

:blush:   :blush:   :blush:   :blush:   :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
@@cfisher that is huge progress hun! Wine and cheese tho?! Did you buy 2 on another account perhaps? (narrowed suspicious eyes) :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I think I'm here because I got addicted again this month. Erm..

I feel like I should join this thread.

I discovered Memebox when I saw photos of some global unboxings. They looked fantastic. Prior to that I had never purchased a beauty box (or been tempted by one).

I ordered my first Memeboxes in June and I have received 24 boxes so far with another 17 to follow.

The first 3 boxes I received were Skin Care, Cacao and Mask 4 - it was a great start and I just kept ordering more. It was so easy placing an order here and there.

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of products I have and I want to be more discerning with my purchases. 

I want to either:

1) Limit myself to 3 boxes per month (1 x global/lucky/themed)

Or

2) Match my savings with each box purchase (if I spend $100 in one month, I must put $100 in my savings account)

I'm hoping that, by doubling the price of each box by matching it with savings contributions, it will make me re-think my purchases and curb my shopping impulses.

The lucky box bundle is calling my name as I type...

@@veritazy I did get rid of the doubles on things like Luckybox 11 (Honestly, I thought it was supposed to be the holy grail of all Luckyboxes from what I read/was told haha), and eve but I struggled with the Wine and Cheese/WTF value set.

I have to admit it...When I received my email asking for confirmation about canceling the Wine and Cheese I...Well, I haven't confirmed it yet. Thinking I might not pull the trigger on this one. But if there's any box worthy of doubles, it's this one right?!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

What is that expression...One baby step at a time? 

Well, never bought a thing today and as its the weekend, should be safe till Monday.

Everyone is raving about the Pony announcement but having seen two palettes that's been produced for memebox (obviously in the past at some point), it doesn't interest me so if that all that comes out on Monday, I should be ok....

Would still love a winter / Christmas box if it arrived before the big day but going to be much more picky in November.

Finally after lurking, joining this topic. I started in August with Luckybox 5 and ... i have a small tower of boxes. D: I've been trying really hard to avoid all brands I can get in NYC  (face shop, tony moly, nature republic), but... I definitely can't stop looking at the website! argh

@@Mahsa Amen to that - this last month has put me off so much.  I ordered WTF and Foot Care on Black Friday because those 'the ones that got away' (also, I wanted to get rid the Memepoints I'd accumulated from the various issues) but that's it unless something amazing I think it's the final two I'll order.  

I've got plenty of stuff to work through anyway, my drawer is nearly full!

@@Mahsa Amen to that - this last month has put me off so much. I ordered WTF and Foot Care on Black Friday because those 'the ones that got away' (also, I wanted to get rid the Memepoints I'd accumulated from the various issues) but that's it unless something amazing I think it's the final two I'll order.

I've got plenty of stuff to work through anyway, my drawer is nearly full!
I'm the same, I had 8 and 4 of them were spoiled and I got cpm2 repeats in 3 of them, I have 4 more to go, once those come and go and my points are used up I think it's over, I was becoming addicted, but now I just don't feel like I'm valued as a customer and that is the ultimate turn off

@Mahsa 

Look at it this way -

• Every box I've received I've got within 10 days, or 3 days for express.  
  • The only issue I had before Wine & Cheese-gate was solved promptly and courteously with a very gracious apology their side
  • I've recommended them to other people
  • I've got only a couple of duplicates (and only one of those CPM2) and both of those I gave to my sister as I like the products and thought she would too
  • In fact, I've even bought a box as her Christmas present, because for some reason 4 turned up at once and we just sat there and opened box after box like we were 6 year olds with a sugar rush on the strength of what I'd received from them
  • I've liked or at least not actively hated anything in any of the boxes (apart from the item I've mentioned in spoilers).  No breakouts, nothing
Now though, I wouldn't be recommending them and I wouldn't be so quick to hand over my money after recent experiences.  Or so trusting. That's the problem - if customers, particularly early adopters feel under-valued, it damages their image long term. Their customer base is finite, and it's going to shrink if bad things keep happening and other people hear about the bad things.  They can't alienate customers and expect others to appear.  That's foolish and frankly, short-sighted.  

I agree with you @@thelavalampgirl

To be honest the only real problem I have (which for me is a big thing) I bought these boxes in good faith, looking at past boxes and the curation of them and I recieved boxes that were well below par, and obviously my good faith had been used to shift many repeat items that were not even popular in the first place.

In every area other than that (fingers crossed) I have not had a problem with this company, but I guess it's just feeling like I was pulled into the cpm2 and stock clearance aspect without wanting to. If I had ordered black Friday box, I would expect this, as Black Friday is in a way a clearance event for companies but not a box I ordered in September and have waited for for a long time with excitement.

There's definitely an emotional pull with the boxes which skews it.  If they were a subscription type service like BB5 or what have you I think people would just be more willing to chalk it up to 'a dodgy month'.  You choose your box, spend months waiting for them to despatch and then weeks to ship and you do want to feel your money and time is firstly not wasted, and secondly valued by the company.  It's an investment, and you do want it to be a good one.  

Latest posts

Back