Memebox Affiliates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol on YouTube been told I have chunky hands and people can't understand me. I just ignore bad comments as tbh most of the time people would never say the same things to your face as they do online.
I wasn't really bothered by what they said, considering the claims they were making toward me were completely false- (and hey- I've got chunky hands and I'm proud of em! LOL) But I never know how to react to them...do I just delete them? Do I respond respectfully, tell them to f-off? haha...I just don't know the tactful way to handle it. 

Constructive criticism I can handle- being mean for the sake of being mean is just kind of sad on their part.

Tbh I have deleted in past and sometimes just left them, but i don't reply tbh. Can't be bothered with people who want to be negative

Hmm.

So I just got a pretty rude, condescending comment on my Memebox Lip products post.

I do have an IP tracker, and (as usual with mean anonymous comments) I'm pretty positive I know who posted it.

Apparently I was mocking Memebox with my horrendously bad swatches.

Mkay.

I've never gotten a mean comment like that before, but I can't imagine being a bigger blogger and dealing with that on a regular basis. Have you guys ever gotten mean comments before? I don't know how to deal with them honestly lol...Half of me wanted to say "well, feel free to write your own blog post with better swatches you $&%(%" But I didn't. lol 
yes, I have gotten mean comments before  - that is why I now make people post at least once moderated before they can post freely - the cowards who post like this will just go into moderation and I will trash their comment.

I am sorry, but my blog is not for some a-hole to make mean comments and have an axe to grind.

Sorry to hear @@MissJexie that this happened to you. There are always people who are going to be mean and try to put everyone else down. Don't know what's the best way to handle it either but I vote for deleting. You don't need anyone's rude comments on your blog. I feel sorry for those people who feel the need to do that (be mean) to others just to try and make themselves feel better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my check in the mail.

I think I would delete a rude comment if it disparaged me personally.  Company rants, I don't care but why should I allow a random internet person to be rude to me?  I'm a person and I have feelings.  And there's really no reason to leave a mean comment on a blog.  Just don't leave a comment at all.  Right?  Like your mother says "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."  

So there is no good reason to leave a personal attack as a comment.  Delete!  Or you could leave it and let us all defend you :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my check in the mail.

I think I would delete a rude comment if it disparaged me personally.  Company rants, I don't care but why should I allow a random internet person to be rude to me?  I'm a person and I have feelings.  And there's really no reason to leave a mean comment on a blog.  Just don't leave a comment at all.  Right?  Like your mother says "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."  

So there is no good reason to leave a personal attack as a comment.  Delete!  Or you could leave it and let us all defend you :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
haha I'll just leave it. I'm sure they'll leave another comment going on and on about how I'm deleting honest feedback or some drama like that. It doesn't make me look bad, it just makes them look kind of sad and pathetic, so they can have at it!

Hey so I just got a random package from Memebox and I opened it to find the Nylon palette!! LOL

I didn't order it, so I'm wondering if they're sending it to some of us for review?

I never got an e-mail from Lauren about it, but they have definitely sent me things in the past and then sent me an email about it days later lol

Just sayin- keep a lookout on the mailbox!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey so I just got a random package from Memebox and I opened it to find the Nylon palette!! LOL

I didn't order it, so I'm wondering if they're sending it to some of us for review?

I never got an e-mail from Lauren about it, but they have definitely sent me things in the past and then sent me an email about it days later lol

Just sayin- keep a lookout on the mailbox!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I did a pre order, so I am expecting mine.   But if I get a dup, well, another giveaway! haha

I did a pre order, so I am expecting mine.   But if I get a dup, well, another giveaway! haha
That's what I did with the Soothing Sista palette! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I ordered it and the next day they said they were sending me one, and then the one I ordered arrived damaged so they sent me a replacement and I ended up with 3 palettes LOL I kept the damaged one and did a giveaway with the other 2 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will be adding in that starlooks bright coral pink lipslick as a bonus too!!  Some ladies can rock that color, I cannot :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gosh, darn it! I just got an email asking where  my SoothingSista review was. Why dont they say that on the card!? It just said we wanted to thank you for all your hard work so here you go. 

Luckily I like it so it'll be good but next time I expect some warning!

Gosh, darn it! I just got an email asking where  my SoothingSista review was. Why dont they say that on the card!? It just said we wanted to thank you for all your hard work so here you go. 

I figured every free thing they give me, I best get a review up.  And then I email Lauren.  

I also review everything they send me although I've been heavily slacking on the Nylon Palette because Im just not that thrilled with it. They use to have Lauren send us an email with talking points and info about the product, now they just send stuff with absolutely no explanation which is kind of dumb IMO lol

has anyone gotten their march affiliate deposit from linkshare yet?  Mine wasn't much, but it was at the threshhold, but I haven't seen it yet.

I didn't realize this until just a bit ago, but Memebox is part of Skimlinks. As in, I joined Skimlinks (it's like Rakuten but it catches links you've forgotten to make affiliate links and gives you commissions for those sales), put some widget or code on my blog (on self-hosted Wordpress it's a widget), and now when people click on links that I didn't bother to turn into Rakuten links and buy something, the blog gets a commission. I put a general affiliate link disclaimer on all of my blog's pages since even I don't know what's earning the blog a commission, but that was an easy fix. The commission rate seems to be something like 6.7%, so it's not bad at all and it saves me from feeling bad about being lazy. ahaha They have a low payment threshold and I usually just forget that it's there. I'm a fan.

Back