Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How exciting is this! So much for no/low buy! Lol!! I am new to MUT so I'm learning a lot of different things! I love it! Thank you for sharing this! I will probably get this box as I'm fascinated with weird products as well. Like chin/cheek rollers and the like. Enablers unite!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally agree about the cheese cream LOL. I was like...wait is this made of CHEESE? But reading the packaging they apparently just meant that it has a similar...consistency to cheese? IDK Korean stuff is weird! It smells really nice and feels nice on the skin, I'm loving it so far!

Memebox told me that they're sending their blogger/youtuber partners the 4th Edition box at the end of January, so I guess I'll have to wait until then for it, but I'm hoping someone posts a spoiler before then!

Has anyone tried the weird lip gel-thing yet? I did earlier today and it was soooo odd haha. I almost scared my fiance to death wearing it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How was the lip gel product? I don't know if it's a one-time use only patch or if it can be used a few times. I might just end up giving it to someone else because I have no particular desire to get my lips plumped. Now if it claimed to reduce discoloration on the outline of my lips...
6.gif

Oh, thats sooo cool ! Koreans are known for their quality. They would be dishonored and feel shame if they made cheap stuff, like chinese goods. Koreans love quality and being perfectionists. Most koreans I know are doctors or high end fields of work. They strive to be the best in everything and will not go cheap, do shortcuts in any product or cheat people cause it goes against their ethics. This box looks awesome !

I've wanted to try this box since I saw it on @MissJexie's blog (I was creeping the other day). My skincare routine consists of me putting on moisturizer  before I put my foundation on - sometimes. I think this stuff will be fun to play with.

Quote: Originally Posted by lemonsquares /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How was the lip gel product? I don't know if it's a one-time use only patch or if it can be used a few times. I might just end up giving it to someone else because I have no particular desire to get my lips plumped. Now if it claimed to reduce discoloration on the outline of my lips...
6.gif

It doesn't plump the lips, really, so no worries! It's supposed to moisturize and treat them. It was VERY heavy and even though it stuck to my lips it kept sliding down, but once I adjusted it once or twice it stuck pretty well. It felt really cooling and soothing, however once I took it off and patted the rest of the serum into my skin, my lips just kind of felt moisturized, but nothing too exciting. Kind of like if you put on a lip balm and then wiped off the excess. Nothing I would buy again, but kind of a fun little "mask" for the lips, I guess!

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, thats sooo cool ! Koreans are known for their quality. They would be dishonored and feel shame if they made cheap stuff, like chinese goods. Koreans love quality and being perfectionists. Most koreans I know are doctors or high end fields of work. They strive to be the best in everything and will not go cheap, do shortcuts in any product or cheat people cause it goes against their ethics. This box looks awesome !

Everything I've received in the box has been extremely well-packaged and high quality. There have been some things I haven't tried yet or have given away, but everything I have tried has been amazing! I think it's one of the few boxes in this price point that is well worth the money!

Quote: Originally Posted by erinenvyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've wanted to try this box since I saw it on @MissJexie's blog (I was creeping the other day). My skincare routine consists of me putting on moisturizer  before I put my foundation on - sometimes. I think this stuff will be fun to play with.

haha that's awesome! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am the saaaame way with skincare, although I have been trying to start a "routine" lately and I've been trying different things to see what a good combination is. I have always loved Korean BB creams. I LOVE the Skin79 Absolute Total Diamond BB Cream. Just started using it and it manages to be sheer but still covers really well if that's even possible! I think that's the best thing about this box though, is that it's so fun to get it because everything is new and exciting...and occasionally weird lol

Once you place an order, how long until your reward points are added to your account? I ordered # 4 earlier today and want to go back and get #3!

Wow, this sounds awesome. I'm just wondering if the instructions and ingredient lists of the products are in English. I'm sooo tempted to try a box!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by ToSirWithLove /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Once you place an order, how long until your reward points are added to your account? I ordered # 4 earlier today and want to go back and get #3!

I'm not sure as I get them sent to me to review for my blog, however, I DO know that their customer service is absolutely awesome and they always respond to me within the same business day. I'd just shoot them an e-mail and ask them exactly that. They'll probably put your points in your account asap!

Quote: Originally Posted by Xiang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, this sounds awesome. I'm just wondering if the instructions and ingredient lists of the products are in English. I'm sooo tempted to try a box!!!!

They definitely have a card in the box with English descriptions and instructions. Not all of them have ingredients lists but I have e-mailed them before and asked for ingredients if I cant' find them online and they've provided it. They are great boxes and really worth the cost considering what you get for this price point from US boxes!

When I get caught up from Christmas bills, Im going to buy a box ! Korean makeup has such cute packaging. I like the tins to the gel liners with the cartoon character girls on them, and the tony Moly fruit shaped lip glosses, cant wait to try !

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When I get caught up from Christmas bills, Im going to buy a box ! Korean makeup has such cute packaging. I like the tins to the gel liners with the cartoon character girls on them, and the tony Moly fruit shaped lip glosses, cant wait to try !
I love those gel liner tins! So cute!! I love Etude House also because they have the cutest packaging on their cosmetics! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The 3rd Edition will be my first Memebox. It's actually waiting for me at the post office so seeing this post is making me even more anxious! I'm a little late but I decided it was finally time to start focusing on skincare (I'm 29).

Quote: Originally Posted by catheriinela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The 3rd Edition will be my first Memebox. It's actually waiting for me at the post office so seeing this post is making me even more anxious! I'm a little late but I decided it was finally time to start focusing on skincare (I'm 29).
Ahh mine was waiting at the post office for me the other day and I made my roommate go and get it because I couldn't get ready fast enough! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also started skincare late (I'll be 29 in March!) and I still haven't found the perfect combination of products so it's always nice to get different things to test out!

Gave in & bought the 3rd one! I'll wait to see if I want the 4th one, which I probably will like.. It says free express shipping too. Excited! This is to make up for the jan PSMH.

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gave in & bought the 3rd one! I'll wait to see if I want the 4th one, which I probably will like.. It says free express shipping too. Excited! This is to make up for the jan PSMH.

They had some issues with the 2nd box making it here due to the holidays and all the storms we had, so they upgraded the 3rd box to express shipping, which was nice. I can't wait to see what's in the 4th one!

That's really nice of them! Can't wait to see what's in the 4th box either! Hope it's a BB cream. I just ordered some skin79 diamond BB cream & I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive. I'm also debating on the la prairie glossybox. Lol! Any thoughts on that?

Just joining - is it a pretty skin care heavy box? I really want to try some of the bb creams as well, but I use the clinique 3 step on my 40 year old skin and so far it's not freaking out, so I'm not sure I want to switch it up. I do probably need to start using an eye cream though. I don't have crows feet or under eye wrinkles, but the top of my eyes are starting to get crepe-y and i'm not sure what to do about it!

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's really nice of them! Can't wait to see what's in the 4th box either! Hope it's a BB cream. I just ordered some skin79 diamond BB cream & I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive.

I'm also debating on the la prairie glossybox. Lol! Any thoughts on that?

I LOVE the Skin79 Diamond BB cream! It's amazing and one of my favorites. Apply it very lightly and slowly build though, because if you put on too much it doesn't absorb as well and you'll need a lot of powder to set it/not look shiny.

As for the other box, I haven't tried it out yet!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just joining - is it a pretty skin care heavy box? I really want to try some of the bb creams as well, but I use the clinique 3 step on my 40 year old skin and so far it's not freaking out, so I'm not sure I want to switch it up. I do probably need to start using an eye cream though. I don't have crows feet or under eye wrinkles, but the top of my eyes are starting to get crepe-y and i'm not sure what to do about it!

There's been 4 boxes in the US so far and the first 2 were skincare-heavy. The third one had a mix of skincare and a few cosmetics items. The 4th one is still a mystery as I don't know if anyone has received it yet. I think that "korean beauty" in general is heavily based in skincare anyway, so I can imagine that it will be skincare heavy overall. I've received a few BB creams so far from the box and have enjoyed them all. The good thing about most korean skincare lines is that they are super gentle. I have sensitive skin and nothing I have tested/played with has given my skin any issues. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It doesn't plump the lips, really, so no worries! It's supposed to moisturize and treat them. It was VERY heavy and even though it stuck to my lips it kept sliding down, but once I adjusted it once or twice it stuck pretty well. It felt really cooling and soothing, however once I took it off and patted the rest of the serum into my skin, my lips just kind of felt moisturized, but nothing too exciting. Kind of like if you put on a lip balm and then wiped off the excess. Nothing I would buy again, but kind of a fun little "mask" for the lips, I guess!
Thanks for clearing that up! Doesn't sound like it made much of a difference but it'd be fun to use :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's weird though that when I tried to look up the products (from the box) on their website, I never found any of them. I assumed they'd have the box contents up for sale at their site for anybody who liked sampling them. I hope the 4th box will be just as good, if not better! I don't really need more skincare items (just got my YesTo order today, yay!) but I'll try whatever they send out
smilehappyyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lemonsquares /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks for clearing that up! Doesn't sound like it made much of a difference but it'd be fun to use :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's weird though that when I tried to look up the products (from the box) on their website, I never found any of them. I assumed they'd have the box contents up for sale at their site for anybody who liked sampling them. I hope the 4th box will be just as good, if not better! I don't really need more skincare items (just got my YesTo order today, yay!) but I'll try whatever they send out
smilehappyyes.gif

I think they only have contracts with certain brands to sell their product in their online shop, but I can definitely relay the message to them about selling more of the brands that they feature in their boxes!

Latest posts

Back