Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure if you e-mail them at [email protected] and say that HarlotBeauty referred you (also let them know your user name on the site) you guys will get an extra $5 in credit on your account. I get complimentary boxes so I don't get any kickback from them (just so MUT mods know, I'm not profiting off referrals in any way), but I know you guys get the $5 so I thought I'd pass that along!

Yep, the $5 credit should work! I used a bloggers ID and got the credit within a few hours. You also get another $5 credit just for joining, so that's an instant $10 plus the $7 credit if you order a box! When I asked about the credit I also brought up not being able to find a specific product from a past box on their site and the rep said that they were looking into getting it back in stock. Also, I ordered the 3rd and 4th on Wednesday night, and got a shipping notice for both of them this morning. Apparently they just landed at JFK a few hours ago! So excited! I've had my eye on this box for a while and regret not getting that 2nd box because of the face creams.

I just ordered my first box with them. The 3rd edition! I can't wait. I just wonder how long it will take me to get it here in Ohio. The shipping always seems to take so long for anything from anywhere. So hope it doesn't take to long. I thought after I get it if I like it I will order the fourth box. Tank you for the suggestion and I look forward to trying out this new sub.!

I ordered the 3rd and 4th boxes yesterday, but didn't see the referral in time. Ah well.  I like that it's not an auto-renew, I'll have a chance to play with these items for a while first. 

Okay, here's how I'm going to justify this 1. I returned my Wantables box this month ($36 refund) 2. It would be a great learning experience to see the type of products people use in other parts of the world. 3. My husband and I are planning a vacation to Hong Kong and this will introduce my to some Asian brands. Okay, I'm in.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, here's how I'm going to justify this
1. I returned my Wantables box this month ($36 refund)
2. It would be a great learning experience to see the type of products people use in other parts of the world.
3. My husband and I are planning a vacation to Hong Kong and this will introduce my to some Asian brands.

Okay, I'm in.
Haha that's awesome. Your wantable refund alone would be enough to justify it for me!
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Haha that's awesome. Your wantable refund alone would be enough to justify it for me!
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm swimming in beauty products right now, so I need a little bit more justification.

Okay, here's how I'm going to justify this 1. I returned my Wantables box this month ($36 refund) 2. It would be a great learning experience to see the type of products people use in other parts of the world. 3. My husband and I are planning a vacation to Hong Kong and this will introduce my to some Asian brands. Okay, I'm in.
LOLOLOLL. Love it! We always have a way to justify don't we!!!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOLOLOLL. Love it! We always have a way to justify don't we!!!!!!
 LOL, Oh I could find ANY way to justify something I want no matter how ridiculous!
smilehappyyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They definitely have a card in the box with English descriptions and instructions. Not all of them have ingredients lists but I have e-mailed them before and asked for ingredients if I cant' find them online and they've provided it. They are great boxes and really worth the cost considering what you get for this price point from US boxes!

Thank you for the reply!! Can't wait to try out the products!!

OK they gave me $5.00 mileage for ordering box 3 so I use that toward box 4! So I now have both 3 and 4 coming! You all are such enablers!! LOL. I am excited about this new sub! Everyone have a blessed weekend!!!!

I caved and ordered both 3 and 4. Asian skincare is my thing and I'm justifying it because I'm not using my Ulta f&f coupon. So excited for the surprise.

Quote: Originally Posted by SunflowerinLC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am REALLY looking forward to these boxes now (thanks ladies, I am jealous!). I LOVE some great skin care-the weirder the better! haha!
They do put GOAT MILK in a ton of north american products, so to me that is the same.

Like a lot of "asian" things I've bought this year, some of the translation can be strangely done.

I had saved a pic of a makeup bag I was going to get, but just deleted the pic..will  try and find it.

The saying on the bag was "now is time, look at your watch, you can do it...." or something similar.

I was also looking at some dresses I wanted to buy and can anyone explain what is a "FALLABALLA DRESS"???

I see this wording a lot and have no clue.

Also a lot of "BIG YARDS PANTS"  "BIG YARDS CLOTHES"??

Also on one site I was buying a shirt and one heading was BIG CLOTHING FOR FAT WOMAN

-and the plus size was my size....around a lands end size 6...lol.
maybe for asian that is a big size....

Well, I'm sure a lot of people in other countries find what we have in North American different or strange.

I know where I live it seems there is always tons of Somali/Arab/African people- esp a lot of the younger people they seem to love Mcdonalds and also Dairy Queen and even in -20 freezing weather the Dairy Queen beside my house has a long lineup which seems to be more ethnic than other people...

Anyways, I live in a pretty interesting part of the city....!

Ok,

I do not need this box of Korean cosmetics. But it looks so fun I will have to order it.

Was just about to order some cosmetics from another Asian site (and will also as there was some items I needed.....).

I guess this will replace crappy seasonsbox for me.....

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I caved and ordered both 3 and 4. Asian skincare is my thing and I'm justifying it because I'm not using my Ulta f&f coupon. So excited for the surprise.

I'm so excited to see what is in #4!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok,

I do not need this box of Korean cosmetics. But it looks so fun I will have to order it.

Was just about to order some cosmetics from another Asian site (and will also as there was some items I needed.....).

I guess this will replace crappy seasonsbox for me.....

Seasonsbox started off cute but it's way too pricey for what they send IMO

I just ordered boxes 3 and 4. Thanks for the referral info, @MissJexie! 

If anyone is interested, I just read this "beginner's guide to Korean makeup" on Into The Gloss the other day. It's an interview with a woman who runs Soko Glam, a site that curates and sells Korean beauty products: http://intothegloss.com/2014/01/korean-makeup/

Anyone tried bamboo salt toothpaste??

I just ordered the third edition a few days ago and the fourth this morning. I passed on this first two because there wasn't much info on the subscription out there and I wanted to know what was inside first . I seriously regret that now! Thanks for the referral info!

I just ordered the 3rd Edition.  I love trying new things, so this seems like it will be fun.  I'll probably order the 4th Edition on Friday.  

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by SunflowerinLC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am REALLY looking forward to these boxes now (thanks ladies, I am jealous!). I LOVE some great skin care-the weirder the better! haha!
They do put GOAT MILK in a ton of north american products, so to me that is the same.

Like a lot of "asian" things I've bought this year, some of the translation can be strangely done.

I had saved a pic of a makeup bag I was going to get, but just deleted the pic..will  try and find it.

The saying on the bag was "now is time, look at your watch, you can do it...." or something similar.

I was also looking at some dresses I wanted to buy and can anyone explain what is a "FALLABALLA DRESS"???

I see this wording a lot and have no clue.

Also a lot of "BIG YARDS PANTS"  "BIG YARDS CLOTHES"??

Also on one site I was buying a shirt and one heading was BIG CLOTHING FOR FAT WOMAN

-and the plus size was my size....around a lands end size 6...lol.
maybe for asian that is a big size....

Well, I'm sure a lot of people in other countries find what we have in North American different or strange.

I know where I live it seems there is always tons of Somali/Arab/African people- esp a lot of the younger people they seem to love Mcdonalds and also Dairy Queen and even in -20 freezing weather the Dairy Queen beside my house has a long lineup which seems to be more ethnic than other people...

Anyways, I live in a pretty interesting part of the city....!

Falbala is a gathered ruffle, flounce or trim. I could see it getting turned into 'falabala' with Japanese, and likely Korean, pronunciations. The use of ruffles in Asian clothing is fairly common for giving an item delicate femininity. 

I'm a US dress size 4 and generally wear smalls. In Japan, my tops always had to be Medium at the smallest and sometimes a Large to accommodate my bust. Pants are generally a disaster if your hips and waist are not approximately the same. In order to fit my hips into anything, my waist was invariably swimming and I had to rely on elastic waists, cinching and belts to keep anything up. 

I'm really curious as to what's going to be in the next box!

Latest posts

Back