Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Memebox has a summer essential box available $12 that looks like a good mix of products https://us.memebox.com/summer-essentials-box

Also they have a new Secret A watermelon gel for $8. It looks pretty interesting. Has anyone tried it?

secret A watermelon gel.png

I love K beauty! I almost got the Sephora play! box when they took me off the wait list but then I realized I would rather spend my money on K beauty so I placed a MeMebox order! Yay! I got the summer essentials box and a baby feet peeling mask. I'm a little nervous about my skin randomly peeling but it should be worth it. They also had a free lotus sheet mask that I added to my cart. I've never tried a lotus one.

Memebox quietly backed out on the free shipping for everyone thing they announced less than a month ago. Now they charge more than before on orders below $35 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What a bummer @@pearldrop! Thanks for the info. I was just looking at some of the new masks on their site yesterday but didn't realize the shipping thing since I didn't add anything to cart and checkout.

Memebox Doorbuster days sale section has great deals https://us.memebox.com/sale/doorbusters-days?ref=banner
I ordered 80% of what they have on the list (Oops!) yesterday.

If you're over $35 priority shipping is for free, under $35 they even charge for standard shipping.

Sale ends tomorrow, so hurry if you are planning to order ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did another meme box order. And I'm not ashamed of it. I didn't even tell you about the one in October but I'm not going there. I got the that time of the month kit. Came with 5 sheet masks, cat ear headband and chocolate for $12. And the wacky wonders bag. which is a foot peel, mint tea tree toner, collagen jelly pack, jelly body wash, blackhead strip, snowflake whipping cleanser with whip maker tool for $30 but after a coupon and using my points I paid $.80 for the entire order!!! Merry Christmas to me.

Memebox has a new mask set for $20. It comes with a cute notebook too. I still have sheet masks to use but if I didn't, I would probably be considering ordering this. The carbonated mask is a good one too that is part of the set.

memebox new year mask set.jpg

It looks like Memebox is phasing out Memeboxes. There's now no mention of them on their site. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">
oh wow. Thanks for the info! It's so strange that a company would change a business model so much when the old one seemed to work so well. When they first released their boxes and shipped them from Korea, they were amazing. The assortment of the boxes was outstanding which made their popularity grow so quickly. I loved ordering those boxes and didn't mind the wait. Then they changed their business and started shipping from the US with less amount of boxes available and now this. I wonder why the change when it seems like there is or was an audience and a need for how they were doing business before.

I guess they're making $150 million a year in sales although it says they still aren't profitable (yet). They expect to be profitable this year, though, moving away from subscription boxes to in house brands and brick and mortar stores. 

Interesting to note they got $66 million in venture funding in august.

It looks like Memebox is phasing out Memeboxes. There's now no mention of them on their site. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I noticed before they remove the "Boxes" menu when they don't have any of the boxes in stock. They put the menu back once they have at least one box available. This may not be a sign that they are fazing boxes out, but I do agree that they have been introducing much less boxes in the past year :/

Hope they bring them back and at the similar price point they had in the past.  

FYI, Memebox sent out the following email today:

March 7, 2017

We are announcing some upcoming changes at Memebox. On May 1, we will reveal a new way for you to discover and shop the entire world of Korean beauty with better content, including more ingredient and formulation information, education on your skin type, relevant reviews, and product videos. In order to do this, many of the products on our site will be sold and shipped to you by our partner retailers rather than by Memebox directly. As part of this change, all Memepoints and loyalty program statuses will expire on April 30, 2017, and we will honor all Memepoint redemptions on our site until then. In order to show our appreciation for you, we have added 100 Memepoints ($5) to your account, which you can use until April 30, 2017.

You will also start to see some exciting changes to our site between now and May 1. We'll be greatly increasing our product selection with links to shop with our partners, more available information, and new features that will help you save your favorite products. There's much more to come, so stay tuned!

Why are we doing this?

In the journey to provide you a fun and personable Korean beauty shopping experience, we have enjoyed making you smile -- from cute, fun packaging to introducing new holy grails into your beauty routine. More and more, we’ve heard you voice some challenges. You feel indecisive about products because you’re not sure which is best for your skin. You’re unsure how your skin will react to new and perhaps “strange” ingredients. You don’t fully understand a product because instruction and ingredient labels are in Korean.

We see these as opportunities to be a better beauty partner. We believe beauty information should be smart, simple, and personalized. We want to make beauty information more accessible, reliable, and actionable so we’re taking big steps to make this happen.

This will also have a positive impact on our in-house brands, Pony Effect, nooni, and I’M Meme. Through engaging more with you, we’ll have better feedback to give our brand teams to innovate new products you need at the right time. We can also increase our availability across multiple channels, giving you more options to shop for our brands which will remain available for sale directly online and offline, even after May 1.

As always, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for entrusting us to be a part of your beauty journey. We could not have grown Memebox into what it is today without you. We remain committed to becoming your favorite destination for discovering beauty, and we're excited to take this next step with you.

Thank you,

Dino Ha, CEO

You can refer to our FAQ here. For any other questions you may have, you can contact our awesome MemeSupport team via email at [email protected]. We’ll be more than happy to help you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys, I am new here  :hugs3:

I was into memebox two years ago and stopped now I wanted to make a purchase and I couldn't find any boxes on their website. Quite weird I was probably living in a hole :ashamed: 

I am looking for a box to subscribe to, one of my friends suggested me JoahBox. I will update you if I make a decision.  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Latest posts

Back