MicaBella/MicaBeauty: Questions about their products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased Micabella 2 days ago, I was wondering some of the same things, I wanted to make sure the chick at the kiosk didn't rip me off. She was really nice but yes pushy. But I did like the finish and was already in the market to try a mineral powder (not bare essentuals!). So I purchased the foundation, blush and 3 eyeshadows for $102.50. The chick kept trying to sell me more stuff like brushes ($80 for one brush is retarded to me sorry!) and the moisturizer $60 bucks, I didn't bite. So today I went online searching for this stuff and wether anyone else thought I was nuts for paying this much. I really really really love the products so far, I know its only been 2 days! AHHAHA! Oh and one thing, make sure they give you the right color, I had to go back and exchange it and the same chick wasn't there, so they were kinda witchy about it, even though the original sales chick wrote "No refunds, exchanges only" on the receipt. So make sure they are clear about that.

So was I ripped off? I will have to see how long this stuff lasts, and whether I continue to like it... so far so good. You need to use VERY little to cover, and I have some minor scarring and my skin looks awesome today, I'm very happy so far.

One heads up, don't buy from their website, its way more enpensive, the foundation goes for $65.95! I found the products for the same price I paid (supposedly discounted, but I think they were bullshitting me about the GREAT DEALS they were giving me) on this website:

cart n kiosk dot com

Cart n Kiosk check it out. Foundation 42.95, but I'm not sure about the shipping price... ALSO you could use that as a negotiating point at the mall. Tell them they're crazy if they think you're gonna pay 60 bucks when you could get it for 42 online!

One last thing, the moisturizer is 29.95 onlin (cartnkiosk) so don't let them try to sell you for 60! or make it seem like you're getting a great deal by "knocking the price down to $30". Hope that helps.

I have a friend who used to work at Micabella she said it's a rip off of the high end mineral make ups but crazy overprice their products. Which basically she said to avoid it.

Thks for the info. i guess i'm kinda stuck with it since they dont do returns. i'll have to make the best of it :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) i hope it continues to work for me.

Spending on $179 on this brand.....That's expensive even though I never heard this brand before.I can use $179 to purchase my lauress which I think is far better & cheaper then Micabella :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been a fanatic with a couple of brands just like MICABella since 1999. True Colors and Colorevolition. True Colors was the one that started it all for me. Since their prices have recently increased along with Colorevolution, I decided to find another brand to try.

I just ordered my first set of MICABella. I'm so excited to try it out. While I've never used any of the foundations, I'm head over heels for their eyeshadows. I'm very happy with Bare Minerals foundation, so I wouldn't be caught dead spending $60 on foundation. On eyeshadow though, that's another story.

You've all be talking about how expensive it is for all their products. I've always purchased the 8 stacks. It's small portions, but you can try more colors and find the ones you love the most, then invest in a bigger container for more money. Don't forget to check out ebay too. I just purchased 2 8 stacks for $30! Even before trying the product I know it's at least worth $30. I'm getting the Wild Horses and Vibrant stacks.

True Colors and Colorevolution have ignored my recent emails to them to ask simple questions, so I won't be buying directly from them any time soon, I'll stick to ebay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also I have some colors that I use daily that I've had for years! They last forever, so no matter how much you end up spending, it's well worth it b/c of how long they last.

Please try them out! If you like vibrant and natural colors, you will love these products!

Suggestion for the eyeshadow, use a base before applying. The color will be so much more vibrant! I get compliments all the time on my eyes and it's all thanks to brands like these. Forget MAC, stick to Multi Task Mineral Pigments! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I find it pretty sketchy that the members raving about Micabella tend to sign up, post once or twice about the brand, and then never post again...doesn't really make me want to try the brand, to be honest.

Yeah and I figured people like you would comment on that. Did you ever think that I just found this forum?

I was just offering an opinion to other makeup lovers. Isn't that what this forum is for? I guess I misread what the original poster was asking about.

Sorry that you think you're so much better then me b/c you've posted 12,000 about makeup. Get a life maybe?

I'll make sure I don't post on this forum again. I'd rather discuss products with people who ask opinions and actually appreciate the responses they get.

If you're not one of those people that join MuT, rave about Micabella once, then leave, that's great! You are more than welcome here. This would also mean that you are not included in the group that I was referring to, and would have no need to be defensive.

I was just saying that having numerous members join just to rave about Micabella and then not contrubute to MuT ever again just gives the appearance that people working for the company are trying to push their product.

I just found this forum yesterday by searching for ''micabella'' into Google.

I had a pretty bad experience with the saleslady. She didn't listen to anything I was saying!

I had virtually NO MONEY WITH ME, about thirty dollars. And I needed that thirty dollars to buy shirts for my new job which requires you wear blue tops. I had just moved into my own apartment too, I told her there was no way in heck I could buy a 200 dollar makeup set right now.

''WELL ILL GIVE YOU A DEAL, I CAN ONLY DO THIS FOR ONE PERSON A DAY - HOW ABOUT $150??''

NOOOO leave me alone!

It makes me wonder how they are trained. Apparently they will be fired if they don't get a lot of sales, because everyone here is seemingly gettng pushed around by these people at the mall.

I noticed that too, that on the last three posts of the first page, it's all people with ''1'' post raving about MicaBella...

After trying 6 different MMU lines I chose LauRess and thought they were expensive at $22 for the foundation. But I really like it. The thing with kiosk buying is it's such an impulse buy and there is the sales pressure. Online you can leisurely order samples, check out the diff lines in every light, and make a decision based on many factors. (I also won't be ordering e/s from them as I think they are too pricey and I don't like their range (EDM for that). I'm just glad you are satisfied and can justify the cost.

Ooops! This will be my 1st post on this forum. But I've been lurking for about 2 years...

To clarify: I do not work fo Micabella even though this is my first post. I am a boring housewife.

I purchased MicaBella for the first and onlytime in Cali last summer(I don't think they have it here in Michigan).

I didn't notice anything extraordinary about it, but I loved the boldness of the colors (pigments which I use for eyshadow) and the price was 5.00 each (I bought 5=25.00) because there was a group of us and we all bought some. I actually googled the product after I bought it to get reviews but didn't find any.

I think if you like Loreal Hip (as do!) and MAC for the vibrant colors- then you will like the Micabella pigments.

Yeah I agree with you on it seeming extremely sketchy. Kind of repulses me on that brand if you ask me with their forceful tactics. Sooooo much better companies out their with better ingredients, cheaper, and overall better quality and a lot better CS.

I discovered Micabella on a trip to California in March 2008. They were having a "special" on the foundation for $30. I'd been wanting to try mineral makeup so I let her give me a makeover and I was really pleased. I ended up buying the foundation as well as three eyeshadows. I still have and use all of them. Haven't run out yet!

My issue is that I cannot find a local kiosk. I even called to ask if they had one in NJ and was told no. I'm wary of ordering online because the shipping is $9.95 for something that only weighs a few ounces. And you can get them to lower the price if you buy them at the kiosk. Some of my eyeshadows were free when I got them last year. I tried Cartnkiosk but their shipping is $12.95. I think that's highway robbery for something so small.

I keep looking online to see if I can find a local kiosk.

I did, however, find Avon's mineral blush to be really great. Haven't tried their foundation because I was so happy with the micabella but love their blush.

After almost a year with micabella products i can only say thumbs up.

I've used various mineral makeup products micebella delivered what they promised. their products are not the cheapest although i found some websites that offer a better price IE. cartnkiosk dot com and neobuys dot com.

i really like the eye shadows, so vibrant and the colour selection is amazing.

i understand there are people who like to complain but i always think being open minded and not generalize is the key for abundance.

This sounds like a very subtle attack on everyone on this thread. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone's complaint is valid when they say that micabella is pricey or that the customer service sucks. Everyone else here has just as much of a open mind as you to have tried it and most (if not all) of the posters love the product itself. With that, if you have something to say and it is supporting micabella, let it be that. Don't add subtle insults because it makes it look like you are a micabella retailer who is using propaganda to invalidate other posters' legitimate concerns just to make a sale.

Making your own mica eyeshadow is fun and SUPER easy. You can get sample sizes of a million colors of mica from tkbtrading They have recipes there, too. I don't have enough posts for a link, just add the .com.

They actually have 9 shades of foundation, and their product variety is way better then BE, just look at their eye shadows.

At first I bought their foundation at the kiosk in the mall near my house but then I bought a few times on cartnkiosk dot com and neobuys dot com, its cheaper and came to my door after 3 days, Awesome!!!:rockwoot:

Helen

Latest posts

Back