MicaBella/MicaBeauty: Questions about their products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone! I know I'm new here, and I've read some "defensive" type comments in other threads, so let me first say that I DO NOT sell any cosmetics. Ok, now that that's out of the way :uglyhammer:

I got sucked in by the Micabella kiosk. The eyeshadow pigments are very rich and sparkly. I ended up buying 8 colors. Once you get to 3, it was buy one get one free. So I paid $60 for the 8 colors, or $7.50 each. I am still experimenting with applying the colors, so any advice would be appreciated! The salesman showed me all the things you can do with the pigments: apply dry or wet to your eyelids, get it a little more wet and use it as a liner, apply dry to your cheeks/face, mix with clear lip balm & apply to your lips, somehow you are suppose to be able to apply it to your hair (not for me), and you can even mix it with clear polish and make nailcolor. Pretty neat! But what sold me was how rich the colors are.

Now, for the foundation. I've been using BE for nearly 5 years & I love the way mineral makeup makes my skin look and feel. However, BE does not really cover my mild acne scars, even with concealer. So I've been in the market for a new product, I've just been dragging my feet because I have a lot of BE left to use. So I let the guy take my makeup off & apply the Micabella foundation. The guy was a little rough! But, when I looked in the mirror I was plesantly suprised! My scars were completely covered with no concelear. He added some blush & it looked fantastic! I had a very nice glow. However, after I did some shopping and got back to my car, I looked in the mirror and I could see EVERY pore on my face. Not flattering.

So, my search continues. Any suggestions for a mineral makeup that provides good coverage without sinking into your pores, and is priced the same or less than BE?

Mama Leid, there's a thread with a listing of people's fav companies. I'd go read that. I did and was shocked. I had no idea there were so many companies out there! wow.

Just wanted to add my two cents. I am not a saleperson of MicaBella...and I have just really begun getting interested in makeup...

I am no expert when it comes to makeup, as I have probably only tried a total of 3 brands in my life. I, too, was stopped by a salesperson at the mall, and I fell for her little ploy. She was nice, but pushy. I knew that I was getting "ripped" off, but I actually really wanted to try this product.

I have never used mineral makeup in my life, and I was pleasently surprised by this makeup. I have bad skin, with acne scars. I also happen to be allergic to makeup, so it is really an issue when it comes to foundation. Even if the makeup is hypoallergenic, my face becomes all bumpy and red.

Soooo....I bought the foundation. I like the eyeshadow colors, but I am no so much into the glimmer. Anyway, so far, I like how the makeup feels on my face. I have used it for about a week now, and my skin has not been iritated, yet.

I haven't used other mineral products yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get the same results with it.

As for me, I am just so happy that I haven't broken out in hives or pimples on my face yet. DEFINITELY overpriced, even though she "lowered" it, but I really just want a foundation that doesn't hurt my face so much. So far, I am feeling good with what I bought. I have 3 sisters, and they all have said that my face looks good. They also like the product, but also feel that it is overpriced. I am sure you could find something with the same results, but for cheaper.

Anyway, that is how I feel.

I am sure I can research it, and I am probably in the wrong place to ask this, but does anybody recommend any other mineral products that work well? I am happy with micabella, but not for this price.

I walked by this kiosk at the mall once and the lady sure tried to sucker me. I almost felt bad for this sad, desperate person who probably didn't make a sale all day (due to the highly overpriced products she was trying to push). But I was sensible that day and did not waste my money. I took a look at some of the products and honestly, nothing really appealed to me. Some of the eyeshadows were very sparkly and pretty, but nothing that I wouldn't be able to find on CoastalScents.com for about 75% cheaper.

$60 for a mineral foundation is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard of. Especially since the shades were so limited.

I will never buy anything from this line and that's that.

Oh, and by the way:

Those "undercover" Micabella employees on here are HILARIOUS! Honestly, who do you guys think you're fooling? Most of the rave comments about Micabella are MONTHS old, and the user still only has ONE post.

People crack me up.

=)

HOLY COW! That is expensive! I hate pushy sales people and avoid these carts like the plague when I venture into the mall.

I've used Micabella for a small amount of time.

I'm not too into the whole mineral makeup craze, but I wanted to try something different from my usual. [CS palette's are next on my list] So I bought some. They have a "deal" where you buy 4 or more and get that many more free. So I did in fact get 5 and got 5 free.

I didn't have any problem with the salesperson, other than their lack of English. Well he spoke English, just Jamaican slang and his dreads were gross. He didn't try to throw the sales pitch at me either.

The woman the night before I decided to buy it gave me all this bullshit about how it was the only makeup that didn't make her breakout. But she wasn't wearing any makeup in the first place and had a ton of acne. |:

Awkward.

Anyways, I am generally a firm MAC eyeshadow wearer, buy I occasionally use just Micabella on my eyes. If you are trying for high contrast looks you'll want colors that are really really dark and really light. They blend together really easy, at least for me. But they feel a lot lighter on my eye than MAC eyeshadows.

But I think I'll always be a MAC person, I'm just so used to working with their products. It's just a preference thing.

I took the plunge and bought some about a year ago.

I don't wear make up all the often, I was down to about twice a year, simply because I couldn't find any that I wasn't at least mildly allergic to, so I would only wear for special occations, and given the shelf life of makeup, most of it had to be replaced each time I wanted to wear it.

Selling points:

1. "Forever" shelf life. Couple of full makeup replacements, even with the cheaper stuff, and you have paid for the micabella.

2. Not a bunch of chemicals to be allergic to.

3. Didn't react when I put it on my skin, even on a day when I was already being allergied.

Experiences:

The shadow can be a bit of a pain to work with if you aren't used to the loose stuff. Especially if you aren't using the eye primer (and I don't since it's something with a shelf life that I can be allergic to.)

Getting the consistancy correct for the eyeliner can be a bit of a pain. I'm STILL trying to learn to get that one right the first time.

Much easier to mix the powder in with the clear mascara than it is to try to mix enough correctly to cover the lashes as you need it. Down side to that, you'll go through the stuff more quickly as mascara has a shelf life.

I've actually worn make up 6 times since I bought it about a year ago, which is up from my 2 times a year. I find the foundation coverage is good, and it was easy, even for a relative novice, to master application.

The lip stuff was fairly easy to master as well, even using your own balm base (homemade in my case as I cannot wear what they sell).

Admittedly, I have enough of the stuff to likely last me 10 years at the rate I wear it, even if I'm not careful with it, but at least it will last that long.

The sales pitch is pretty high pressure, but if you can resist all the 8 million extras they try to give you, the starter kit can be a pretty good deal.

That's my two cents. I wouldn't say it's the greatest, and certainly not the simplest to apply, but it has given me back the ability to actually wear make up, which counts for something.

Today I purchased my first Micabella face cream. I wasn't going to, because the lady started out at $200. and I told her no way, then she got softer and said for you I sell it for $169. I still said no, so she started whispering and said because it is the holiday season I'll sell it to you for $100. I then said thank you, but no thanks and attempted to walk away when she took my arm and walked me to the register and whispered $59. because I can see you really want it. At that point I said yes. I had that happy go lucky feeling until I got home and found it online for $34.95 :lol: YEEK!.

Oh well, you just never know. I needed the cream for my eczema, day skin. It did feel good on my face.

WOW! Do I feel like a TOTAL SUCKER!!!!!:tocktock:

I paid $21 effing dollars a pot of eyeshadow....bought 4 got 4 free...for another $10 got 2 more....

But then came the $85 I paid for the powder foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so enthralled by the pretty colors...what a LOSER!

Let's not forget the Moisturizer - that I got at a "special price"....what a CROCK!!!

To think I was actually going to tell my Derby league about this makes me sick to my stomach. Wow...cannot believe there are people out there like this, and people like me who are so gullible! I sure hope my $200 was worth it to you Micabella....because you just lost thousands in legitimate sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what - MicaBella has reached Estonia now :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll go and check them out on Monday

:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can count on me - the salesperson will be pestered.

I was bombarded by a Micabella salesperson at the mall yesterday and decided to look online to see if anyone else found their products to be a HUGE rip-off, and their sales people to be pushy and uneducated about makeup. I'm finding quite a few posts that agree! An hour after the sales girl attacked me with: an orange powder + vaseline as lip gloss, pink glitter + water as eye shadow, and several coats of heavy mineral foundation, I looked some sort of sad clown experiencing makeup melt-down. I've had better success with makeup I've bought at the dollar store!! The lip gloss transferred onto my teeth, the eye shadow migrated to my browbone, and the mineral makeup highlighted every imperfection on my face and sunk into pores to accentuate them. Maybe it's just the fact that I have oily skin? I don't know but these products looked hideous on me and didn't last beyond 1 hour. She tried to sell me like 150 bucks worth of product and I told her I would go to a few other stores to see how the makeup looked after a little while. I'm SO happy I decided to wait before purchasing - especially because they don't allow returns. No wonder - they must know their products suck! Sorry about the long rant, but I just had to spread the word about how terrible and over-priced these items are. Anyone "lured" into spending big bucks at this stand in the mall should tell the sales person they're going to come back and purchase if they like how the product looks after a while, because chances are they'll be disappointed. Bottom line: the mineral foundation might look good on someone with miniature pores and flawless dry or combo skin - but is an awful choice for anyone with imperfections or oily skin. The glittery eye shadow looks really pretty at first but fades very fast. The shadow mixed with vaseline as a lip gloss might work in a very pale color, but a bright color will end up all over your teeth. The items are ALL horribly over priced, and the sales people are full of s**t when they tell you the cost up front (and it magically goes down when you start to walk away from the booth). I'm guessing it costs them about $1.00 to make the eye makeup, and maybe a whopping $2.00 to make the nasty cakey mineral foundation they sell for 60 bucks. Micabella is a definate FAIL in my book. Will be sticking with my Estee Lauder foundation, and the $5.00 glittery shadows that originally got me hooked on mineral eye makeup. So far, nothing I've found can compare to their quality and prices. In my opinion, Micabella is an over-priced, over-exaggerated wannabe groupie of the mineral makeup industry!!

Hey ya'll so to answer a few of your questions i actually work at a mica Bella kiosk. I've only been there for a few months but before so i was using the product for 2 1/2 years i absolutely love the foundation and eye shadows.. Now let me explain prices because you can purchase a foundation from just about $60-65 and the reason its priced as so, is because our foundation is also concealer and finishing powder in one product. it also last you for one full year if you use it everyday. its a 9 gram jar, so its a hefty amount especially if your using our products just because you only need so little to get the job done.. =) um eye shadows go for $20 you can get deals at the kiosks these are just based prices. but what people don't know is that our products are 100% minerals no chemicals no oils and no alcohol and the mica stone is a natural spf 15 you can also mix the eye shadows with any clear lip balm or Vaseline to make lip gloss or clear nail polish to get any color nail polish if you mix this product with water you can also use it as an eye cream for a more dramatic look or make your own eye liner. its a five second demonstration we like to do for our guests. you can also check out the website micabella . com they have amazing products and it just takes one time for you to stop and actually see the demonstration for your whole perspective on mineral makeup to change. && PS. to any of you ladies that watched that doctors show on Mica our mica stone has been fda approved and is safe around the eyes.

Thanks ladies and your all beautiful.. lets not forget that make up is just to enhance our beauty. let it shine from the inside out.

Yeah - and cheap brands do the same (foundy-concealer and finishing in one, pure mica eyeshadows etc, mixing the piggies with water or vaseline is such an old thing...). Micabella is a good product but other stuff is available too, out there. The Micabellas tend to forget to pay homage to the older brands and totally forget about the small indie companies. Their arrogance and salestalk makes it hard for me to like or respect the brand.

honestly ill agree with you, there are a whole lot of sales men and women that go way over board there making money and they like it. but there are people out there that actually sell the makeup because they like it like moi lol.. and i wanted discounts anyways besides the point don't get all defensive and say there are other brands that are 100% minerals because sweetheart what you don't realize is that most mineral brands of makeup have a very small percent of minerals in it and the rest is fillers. if you want to use it cool, so be it. nobodys forcing you to use our product all we can do is show it to you and if you like it take it.. and no $65 dollars for the foundation is cheap as hell it lasts one whole year if you use it everyday and no exp. date for people who dont use it everyday. and its concealor foundation and finishing powder in one. so do the math most people will go out and buy a concealor 26 dollars or so correct and it lasts about one month if used everyday okay so then they buy a foundation anywhere from $5 or 65 right then you buy a loose powder to go over it so there's another $30 add it up most products don't last more then a couple of months .. so now you've spent $100 on a month to a couple of months concealer foundation finishing powder and you could spend $65 on one jar that's going to last you one year. and you also mentioned mixing pigments yes its old but a lot of people don't know you can do that with powders and I've tried it with other minerals its not as vibrant with different brands.. you know why? because like i said mica Bella is 100% minerals verses other brands that have other fillers in them which by the way can clog pores. and most mineral brands expire. ours doesn't because its so pure.

so enough with making all of sales women and men look bad. its rediculous were all trying to make a living.. some of them get crazy i dont know why but anywho not all of us out there are like that so give us a break. at least say hi, and if they try and force you to go flick em off be like look hear i said no.. lol.. jk dont do that but you get the point say hey calm down a bit.. i hate it when people attack me at first glance i give them... i just tell them to calm down.. or shutup and lemmie look =)

This is exactly what I had in mind when I mentioned the obnoxious salespeople. Badmouthing other brands... probably never even seen their ingredients lists.

This is mineral makeup forum, we use pure mineral makeup not the L'Oreal or Max Factor crap. We know our stuff. Don't try to bullshit us, please - it only shows your stupidity. You may know something of Micabella products but you're totally in the dark when it comes to MMU in general.

Funny :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I just found Micabella online last night, and the prices are horrific! I've been buying MMU for around 7 years, and there really isn't anything spectacular about their ingredients list. It's a pretty standard basic MMU foundation, it doesn't even have any of the high end ingredients.

I won't be trying it, and based on tihs thread, I'll be avoiding the kiosks like the plague too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Amazing! I absolutely love their eyeshadows and if you can find a kiosk it's totally worth getting a few since they usually do deals when you purchase a couple of colors.  Love love love the stuff and I can't seem to find as good of a deal online anywhere.

Latest posts

Back