MicaBella/MicaBeauty: Questions about their products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mjbono /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had two micabella eyeshadows for almost 2 years I think. Can you press these into pan form like MAC pigments?

I never used them because I just hate loose powders.

My mom and I didn't even want them, but the sales guy just kept pushing them on us. It was so annoying. My mom's phone died, so she asked the guy working there if she could use his phone so she could call me lol. She should have gone into the BEBE store instead because this guy would not let us leave without buying something.
Unless those are some very glittery pigments they can be pressed - use alcohol and a drop of jojoba oil or dimethicone oil

Oy.  I've had a memorable experience with this company in Anchorage a couple years ago.  Extremely pushy - but I was interested in it because I had recently gotten into wearing Bare Minerals.  Extremely overpriced - they wanted over $100 for a tiny bottle of some sort of liquid exfoliator, and the "make over" was shocking, to say the least.  The foundation didn't match my skintone at all, and it looked very dry/cakey.  The eyeshadow shades that were on display did look gorgeous, though.  

I've just bought the micabella foundation. And so far it's been alright, doesn't feel like I have much on my face but still provides coverage. 
I did feel pressured into buying it, and was left with this horrible feeling that something wasn't right. I still have it now, like something fishy was goin on. The woman was really nice, but very "in your face". I should trust my instincts. Won't be opening the product yet, because my face feels kind of funny since she put the makeup on. I'd say, if you're not sure. Leave. Research. And if you're satisfied, go back and buy.

Ouch dude!  thre stuff is nice but is ridiculoulsy overpriced. Seriously look into making your own check out Monavie- TBK Trading- DIY Cosmetics - it's so crazy easy and sounds so easy to do - because it is = they say there products are only a few ingredients.. but you can make them yourself with a coffee grinder and a little trial and error - i mean a little weekend work - its seriously so easy! Save yourself a fortune and actually learn how to make it and get perfect coloring too - Take it from a red head seriously there is nothign better or more worth while ( make up wise) than learnign to do this it will save you tons and even make you some serious friends if you get good at it too! I make mine now for craftfairs and seriously sell it for $20-25 bucks a pop - it only costs me less than $3 each to make - gotcha intrested now don't I ? Now for that $179 bucks you could have a lifetime worth of make up! WITH A BILLION COLORS!

If you need help let me know I teach pro clases doing this for $300 a class! - and you could too just a little pratice time and batching for a few weekends and its sooooo friggen cheap!

Do it you'll love me for it! SERIOUSLY! lol

Ya you can press them. Mix with a alchol (it will evaporate out so no irritation ) and a tinnie tiny amount of jojoba oil.like a drop or two of the alchol and a drop of jojoba.  mix it together to form a damp powder and just use a penny wrapped in a fine fabric or saran wrap and press it into a jar or a sanitised cosmetic pan( Sanitize with alchol too) to get it to stick to the pan or container. Just press and leave to dry for a few days. If it is a metal pan you can pop it on a cookie sheet and in the oven on 200 for hour to speed it up. This evaporates the alchol and the oil will moisturise and help it stick together. Just dont saturate it.

I bought shimmer form Mica Bella and I was dissappointed. The color faded after few hours. It was waste of money.

Hi -

I have "succumbed" to the Micabella scam. There was a very nice salesperson in a kiosk in the Cavendish mall, Cape Town. The products are fine enough - but then when you ask the price - I was quoted 1,100 rand (about 124 USD) for ONE pot of mineral foundation. I said no way - so they gave me two products for the same price.

Micabella is no different from Bare MInerals but is sold by very high pressure Israeli girls and boys who positively OOOOZE flattery.

The mineral foundation is o different from any other I have used. So for price and honesty - don't buy them, or at least say you know how they operate and say yo won't pay any more than what other companies like Bare MInerals charge.

I shoud add there are a few other companies operating the same scams - all Israeli products and selling in malls.

It is really expensive .They've been selling it in the Malls here in South Africa as well.

I use Bella terra and that works for me .It gives a really gorgeous airbrushed look .Looks amazing in photographs .

I do think if you have the wrong shade ,it could go horribly wrong and look very muddy /dirty.

I had my first encounter with Micabella a week ago and I must say it wasn't a pleasant one. I was on holiday in Amsterdam and was shopping with my friend when I was called over to a Micabella store. The girl ushered me inside and sat me on a chair and asked if I wanted to 'try' the makeup...I agreed thinking she was going to just show me it and maybe swatch the foundation to see what my colour would be...to my horror she pulled out a cotton ball and started removing all my makeup! I am very self conscious about my skin without makeup and my worst nightmare is being in public without foundation on so as you can imagine I was very uncomfortable sat there with with most of the other Micabella staff watching me. I was very upset that she didn't ask or tell me that she was going to take my makeup off. She handed me a mirror so I could watch her putting the makeup on and I saw that she hadn't taken my makeup off properly and I had eyeliner all down my face! She then stated then I had "awful dry skin" and that I was doing the worst thing ever by using liquid foundation, which made me feel very embarrassed and upset. She then asked me lots of question about my skin care and makeup routine and everything I said, she said was 'wrong'. She had a very strong spanish/russian accent (which she made me guess!) and she spoke very fast so understanding her was quite difficult. She then used the vita-c peel on my face which I actually really liked, my skin felt and still a week later feels so soft! She then applied the powder foundation with I thought looked ok but it didn't give me as much coverage as I like. She then applied a very dark brown/gold pigment to my cheeks and eyelids which just looked like mud! She then started pressuring me to buy the products and when I said I wasn't sure if I wanted any she acted very shocked and confused. She kept asking why not? why don't you want anything and she said things like "but you look so good now"....so basically saying I looked like crap before! Overall I was not impressed with the 'makeover', its was very messy and she did not choose colours that suited my pale skin tone. She continued to pressure me and I am not very good at saying no so I gave in and bought the foundation. I really regret buying it as its ok but not fantastic and certainly not worth 40 euros! I was also very upset that I had to walk round the rest of the shopping mall with my makeup as she'd done it. My advice would be not to go to a Micabella store or if you do want to have a look just be firm and don't be pressured into buying something you don't wont like I was. I really did like the peel however and I would recommend trying that....I wish I had bought that instead of the foundation. 

Anyway sorry for the rant, I just really needed to get that off my chest! All calm now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    

Maybe this isn't the place to admit my ignorance, 1st post after joining, but "8 stacks" is

a new term to me. Sounds like a great spot for a deal. Would you please explain what this is?

I would LOVE to learn to make my own make up! I think BE is expensive, especially when I think of all of it is dusted around, no matter how much effort I put into keeping it penned up, not wasting it. With BE the problem was all light colors had too much yellow in them, especially when through settling into lines and wrinkles.

I am a makeup junkie and found Sheer Cover was best for me but really don't care for auto delivery being forced on me. I am aware Amazon has it available but going through all the ads for sale to get best color is a trial to figure not only where my color is but which is best buy. Wears me out dealing with it.

PLEASE teach me howtro make my own, and I already love you just for offering to teach me!

Even after all the bad reviews of this product, I was still open to try it. I am glad that I did because I absolutely love the coverage and versatility of the products! 

There are too many people that has not tried the product and feel that they can comment or make negative reviews. My suggestion would be to try the product and then decide. 

There makeup is a bit pricey but it's worth it because of the high quality ingredients. We buy things because of the ingredients and not the name. Talc and bismuth oxychloride are cheap alternatives found in BRAND mineral makeup, which MICABEAUTY doesn't use!!! 

At the end of the day, keep an open mind and you be the decision on if you like it or not. Definitely don't go off reviews of someone, who know's someone, who tried it! LOL

MicaBella and MicaBeauty are the same company. I have an eyeshadow from bella and an eyeliner from beauty, and they have the same logo except the word bella is replaced by the word beauty. They even say so on their website.

I received the MicaBeauty eyeliner from IPSY, I think. And I purchased the MicaBella Candence pigment from the kiosk several years ago (about 3 or so years?). This was back when I didn't know much about makeup or mineral makeup. The sales girl drew me in and wanted to show me their products. I said okay and let her put foundation on half of my face so that I could see the difference. She also showed me how the pigments could be used. I really liked the color she used and she said she'd let me have it for $10. I said okay and when she went to ring me up, she tried to upsell me the foundation too. And when I said no, she just gave me the dirtiest look and treated me like I was below them.

I got out of there quick and never came back. I put the pigment I bought away and sorta forgot about it until recently. Now that I know more about makeup, I knew I had been ripped off. Now looking at it, it appears to be a straight dupe of TKB's After Twilight mica. It might actually be TKB's mica that has been repackaged. They still sell this colour under the new name of Harl Guin. If it really is just a TKB repackage of After Twilight, then it can't be used on the lips because After Twilight contains chromium oxide green which is not FDA approved for lip use.

MicaBella and MicaBeauty are the same company. From Google:

From MicaBeauty.com's own source code:

Quote: <meta name="description" content="MicaBeauty also known as MicaBella, offers mineral makeup and organic skin care. Our mineral cosmetics line has eye shadows, age defying serum, moisturizer and gel eyeliners. visit our online store and add to cart your favorite products." /> <meta name="keywords" content="Mineral Makeup, Mineral Cosmetics, MicaBeauty, MicaBella, Eye Shadow, Shimmer, Skin Care, Hair Straightener, Mica, Organic Skin Care, Natural Makeup, Age Defying Serum, Moisturizer, Gel Eyeliner" />

Hello girls, do yourselves a favour and try Mirabellla Beauty completely different brand but so much better, really beautiful products. You'll find it in professional salons.

My experience was awful! I bought the skin care products and makeup set with Foundation powders/blush/eye shadows and brushes. Within a few weeks of using it my face was covered in sores! It started like acne around my nose region and chin and eventually between my eyebrows. I have stopped using all products including the facial moisturizer and 24 karat gold facial exfoliating peel and gone to organic extra virgin coconut oil instead and reverted back to my cheaper foundation which doesn't seem to irritate my skin like the MICA makeup.. My face is still recovering after nearly 8 months! It's as though my skin has deteriorated and gotten more sensitive.

I just found this 8 year old thread on Google, this is why I have no photo and its my first post. I don't even know when this thread was last active. I got to 2009 and I HAD to post, because I am soooo mad.

:soap:  I CANNOT BELIEVE I WAS RIPPED OFF BY A MALL KIOSK!  :soap:  .

Granted I am not at my best. My mom has Alzheimer's. I was unemployed for 4 months and I only have a temp assignment at the moment which I may or may not be hired for - they are interviewing people.  Sigh, but I digress.....

Normally, I just walk past these people and ignore them as they run past me. So this one said she would give me a tester for my eyebrows. Or I think she did, she had an accent. I ended up with all sorts of things for $300!!!  It looks good on.  That is not the issue. I was actually willing to pay $45 for the eyebrow thing because I'm hard to match and Sephora.com is out of the Urban Decay that I can get to work for me. I also liked the primer. I love shimmer but do I need it?  No. Do I need foundation - not really I did need new bronzer but it wasn't a priority. I don't even know what I bought.  I work across from the mall.  I feel taken advantage of.  I love fancy things, I have bought Dolce and Gabbana powder which is a perfect match and likely less than this but this isn't fancy. If you look at the website its quite tacky.  

I'm just mad because when I am my normal self without everything piling up and forgetting there is Ativan in my purse I would *NEVER* as I said I would give it to Tom Ford (when I can afford it) but not the fake Israeli lotion girl.  Speaking of Tom Ford, I could have gone in to Sunglass hut instead but they get paid so they won't do the hard sell.  

These women are pushy. They make you think something is free then you see the receipt and it's like WTF. If you look on Yelp, they got someone in San Diego for over $2K!  I guess they sold her the lotions too. I didn't even get a chance to see what they have. 

What I have found out:  they work on commission only and based on a random comment my sales attacker made, they don't get much and my credit card sent me an email asking them to call them if it was fraud.  I was tempted to say it was but unlike these women's bosses I'm an honest person. 

PS: Looking at it from the "future" those women who posted once or twice raving about the product have not posted since.  I belong to make up alley.  I rarely post I just read.  I'm going to see what they have to say as well.  

PPS:  I have no opinion of the product yet other than it looked nice when I left the mall.  I will post again to see if it really lasts like she said. I have oily skin so if that is true it would be worth it. 

Hello girls, do yourselves a favour and try Mirabellla Beauty completely different brand but so much better, really beautiful products. You'll find it in professional salons.
It's the same thing.  I've been googling.

My boyfriend got suckered into spending $160.00 of these products from a Kiosk at the Grand Prairie Mall in Grand Prairie Alberta.

It irritated my skin, it didn't feel like high end products on my skin. Its a big rip off. They do not take returns, owner refused a return, Hmmm, could it be because she knows its a low end product with an extremely high price tag.

Latest posts

Back