Milani and drugstore brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to turn myself on to drugstore brands because I just can't afford to buy all the department store makeup that I want. I've been researching which brands don't test on the animals and this is what Milani wrote to me: "Milani's manufacturers do not perform any animal testing, and our

cosmetics do not contain animal by-products." I'm so excited!!!! So what are all your favorite Milani products??

And also, does anyone use Revlon or Almay lipsticks? I'm really super picky about my lipsticks. Back when I used only drugstore makeup I was really turned off by every single lipstick I tried. Anything new that is super fantastic?

I've tried several Milani e/s but not any of their other products .... these are the ones I have:

Sun Goddess -- Probably my favorite e/s ever! It's kind of a bronze-orange color, very shimmery ... when worn by itself it's a little too orange for my taste, but it works great on top of neutral brown shades to add shimmer and bronze tint!

Java Bean -- a typical dark brown e/s, good if you're stocking up on the basics.

Silver Bullet -- probably my least favorite Milani e/s. It doesn't have very good pigmentation compared to the others I've tried, and even when I wear it over other colors it only adds a tiny bit of shimmer.

Illusion -- a pretty peachy-pink with gold shimmer. A nice light summer/spring color or fun to pair with other colors for a bolder look.

Taffy -- a shimmery cool pale pink with a hint of lavender. Fun to combine with other pink and purple colors.

Milani also has some fun greens and blues if you're into those colors, but I don't like greens and blues with my grey-blue eyes, my eyes just look hidden under the mu ....

As for l/s, I never use them, they usually dry out my lips. However I do like L'Oreal's Endless 8-Hour Liquid Lipcolor -- I have it in Forever Blushing (a pale pink that keeps a wet shiny look all day) and it's probably my favorite lip color! However I did discover that it lasts longer when I wear Blistex under it ... kind of weird, but I won't complain since I normally wear lip balm under my lip color to protect my lips anyway! But normally it lasts all day except for when I eat or drink!

I've never tried Milani, but I love NYX!
smile.gif

Thanks for teh Milani rec's you two! Looks liek I'll be able to save a lot of money on eyeshadows by buying Milani instead of a more expensive brand.

Milani shadows are great. I have flare (similar to MAC Coppering) and clover (similar to MAC Humid). Both are really pretty with great color payoff. I want to get more. Their Mango Tango blush lightly applied is also gorgeous.

I also like Revlon super lustrous lipgloss. Cherries in the Glow is a great color.

I have to try these out,just seen them the other day at the drugstore,but i wish they hads testers so i could try them out.But since you girls think the are great i will try them out!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CWHF Milani shadows are great. I have flare (similar to MAC Coppering) and clover (similar to MAC Humid). Both are really pretty with great color payoff. I want to get more. Their Mango Tango blush lightly applied is also gorgeous.
I also like Revlon super lustrous lipgloss. Cherries in the Glow is a great color.

Ooo! Thanks for the lipgloss recommendation. I get the impression that the lipsticks aren't so great, but I'll have to give the lip glosses a try.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I'm trying to turn myself on to drugstore brands because I just can't afford to buy all the department store makeup that I want. I've been researching which brands don't test on the animals and this is what Milani wrote to me: "Milani's manufacturers do not perform any animal testing, and ourcosmetics do not contain animal by-products." I'm so excited!!!! So what are all your favorite Milani products??

And also, does anyone use Revlon or Almay lipsticks? I'm really super picky about my lipsticks. Back when I used only drugstore makeup I was really turned off by every single lipstick I tried. Anything new that is super fantastic?

I LOVE Milani eyeshadows!! They are so awesome and sooo cheap!
I have:

Illusion - a light pink

Flare - Orangish- bronzish- reddish color LoL

Clover - darkish green

Icy Plum - darkish purple

Sun Goddess - reminds me of Amber Lights

Atlantis - practically Electric Eel's twin

Blue Ice - dark blue

Enchanement - darkish bright purple

Shock - Very Creme De Violet

Antique Gold - dark goldish color

I did Swatches for you!!
smile.gif
In that order above from left to right.

I, too, love Milani e/s!! I have:

Peachy Peach - light peach shimmer, similar to MAC Jest but with a touch of pink

Golden Bronze - medium golden bronze

Storm - rich black with silver sparkles

Illusion - corally pink with golden sheen

Java Bean - neutral bronzey brown

Spice - warm reddish brown, a dead ringer for MAC Coco Beach Pigment

Antique Gold - warm bronzey golden green

All of these shades have shimmer, BTW. I do love Milani e/s and want more!
biggrin.gif

I've also tried and love their blushes! I have Luminous and Mango Tango. Luminous is a light pinky peach with a golden sheen - it's a HG for me! Mango Tango is a BRIGHT corally pink that I don't reach for often, but it's fun to have!

I also like their Sheer l/s and Moist Matte l/s line. I have Lite Latte from the sheer line, and it's a light golden peachy nude. From the Moist Matte line, I have Manhattan, which is a warm brownish red. The Sheer l/s has a vanilla scent, while the Moist Matte l/s is a little more lipsticky smelling, if you know what I mean.

I've tried their Crystal glosses (I believe that's the correct name!), and I didn't like them at all. The vanilla-ish cake batter smell was overwhelming for me, but I'm sensitive to smells.

Anyways, I hope this helps!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back