Mineral Makeup for an affordable (CHEAP) price!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elite Minerals are great. They have alot of varieties in eye colors and concealers. They have a really nice collection of foundation and bronzers too. They're not pricey unlike BM but definitely worth your money! 

I have tried Revlon, Maybelline, and Avon mineral makeup and they work really well for me. I just love how they offer light to medium coverage but don't cake on the face. Avon mineral foundation shades though are darker and their lightest so far is still quite dark for me. I have to agree with Elite Minerals that they really offer great selection of shade! I have their foundation and it works really good so far. No irritation and didn't break me out which is a great deal for me because I have oily yet sensitive skin. You get 30grams of product for $20, what's not to love?! I'm looking forward to trying their other products soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tried Bare Minerals, Cover Girl's mineral powder (I've forgotten the name of it but it was horrible), Mary Kay's mineral powder, Maybelline's Mineral Power, and E.L.F.'s Mineral makeup line. The only one of those that really disappointed me was Cover Girl. I like the E.L.F. mineral makeup just as much as I do the more expensive brands, and E.L.F.'s customer service is really great if you order through their website. The only downside is the colors are limited but you might just get lucky like me and find they work. Warm is a perfect match for my skin tone. 

I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to jump in, since no one else said what I wanted to say.

There are a lot of independent sites that sell MMU. They tend to be most-well know for their amazing eye shadows, but they also sell blush, concealer, some of them sell lip products. As much as I love Etsy MMU, there are a lot of repackagers on there. 

Beauty From The Earth is a fantastic example, another one is Meow Cosmetics. I've ordered samples of their concealer, foundation, blushes, and eyeshadows and am saving up for a big purchase (and waiting for one of their many sales).

Fryinnae is another example, I haven't tried anything aside from their shadows, but I've heard great things. 

There's a blogger named Phyrra who is The Queen of Indie Makeup. Anyone who wants to know more, including reviews and swatches, should check her site. (Note: I am not Phyrra, lol)

I use ELF mineral makeup and have for the past 4 or so years and I really like it. I have incredibly sensitive skin and everything breaks me out but this doesn't.

Ours isn't cheap....$24.95 a jar. But I did want to suggest that you stay away from ANY that contain bismuth oxychloride. It is a a large particle heavy metal that has to be buffed buffed buffed into the pores, hence the smooth look. This ingredient has a bad reputation of causing acne, even cystic acne.

So...no matter which one you decide on...please heed my warning
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good to know...which companies or products use bismuth?
Most of them do! As a manufacturer it would be in poor taste to list the brands that use bismuth oxychloride. All I can suggest is to read the labels, if buying in a store, or read the ingredient information if buying online :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I personally love Everyday Minerals. They are a really nice company and you can order 7 samples from them for a penny plus shipping. I tried them out after I had a reaction to bare minerals (they use bismuth) and I was really impressed with their product.

I do not recommend Everyday Minerals. In the past, their constant refurbishing their website, changing prices, changing the reward system and their good but not extraordinary result in the long term have convinced me to look elsewhere. I've then moved to Lumiere and Lucy minerals, both have excellent coverage with little used, so despite their prices being a little on the up side, a full size foundation lasts me for almost a year. Lucy minerals offers two different formulas for those with oil issues, which i appreciate.

Madd Style Cosmetics is another good one. It's mostly eye shadows at this point, but there's a 'perfecting powder' that works well (and a huge sample is very inexpensive) as well as some blushes, lip balms, lipsticks, and primer/base for eyes. The owner has said that she's getting more into blushes and face powders lately.

Originally Posted by beautystar08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,Everyday minerals is a very affordable mineral makeup brand, i have never tried it myself ( i need to try it someday ) but i have seen a lot of good reviews about their products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just search for everyday minerals reviews on google. i hope this could help you:)
I LOVE Everyday Minerals. Plus, you can order samples of the various finishes and tones, so you can find (or fine-tune) the absolute perfect color for yourself.

Originally Posted by beautystar08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,Everyday minerals is a very affordable mineral makeup brand, i have never tried it myself ( i need to try it someday ) but i have seen a lot of good reviews about their products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just search for everyday minerals reviews on google. i hope this could help you:)
I LOVE Everyday Minerals. Plus, you can order samples of the various finishes and tones, so you can find (or fine-tune) the absolute perfect color for yourself.

Hi I'm in uk so don't know what's available to you but the best I've tried is loreal true match minerals, it has really good coverage unlike a lot of other mineral powders I've tried, it also gives a nice smooth finish and retails at about £10 but lasts ages as you only need very little. Hope this is of some help. Xxx

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do not recommend Everyday Minerals. In the past, their constant refurbishing their website, changing prices, changing the reward system and their good but not extraordinary result in the long term have convinced me to look elsewhere. I've then moved to Lumiere and Lucy minerals, both have excellent coverage with little used, so despite their prices being a little on the up side, a full size foundation lasts me for almost a year. Lucy minerals offers two different formulas for those with oil issues, which i appreciate.
ITA with you. And they have great sale too. Lucy has BOGO free....awesome sale til the 7th.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally love Everyday Minerals. They are a really nice company and you can order 7 samples from them for a penny plus shipping. I tried them out after I had a reaction to bare minerals (they use bismuth) and I was really impressed with their product.
Does bismuth cause a burning sensation on the face. When I wear Bare Essentuals and my face sweats it starts to burn like crazy. Otherwise I do not have any issues.

Does anyone know about Pur Minerals?

Thanks.

Chiming in again to mention Meow Cosmetics Foundation. They have 86 shades with coordinating concealers, in three different levels of coverage. They also have all sorts of correctors, and they're the only powder foundation I've found that matches my skin tone well and has great coverage. They sell samples for $1 each, and have helpful charts to help you figure out which shade you are. There are also forums, you can post pictures and ask what shade people think you might be. They're ALSO having a sale right now, 20% off everything, the code is "Sam." There is a $10 minimum, but if you're trying foundation samples and grab a couple eye shadow samples from their literal hundreds of shadows to choose from, it's easy to hit that. 10 samples covers the minimum if there's no sale, and 13 samples covers it with the 20% off. If that code's expired, google, they always have new ones. 

I just started using Black Opal Mineral foundation. Its cool so far but want to try some others. Some of the ladies above mentioned ELF and Loreal and I might give those a try.

Originally Posted by Mss T /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just started using Black Opal Mineral foundation. Its cool so far but want to try some others. Some of the ladies above mentioned ELF and Loreal and I might give those a try.
I  really like the ELF Mineral Booster and use it as a finishing powder sometimes. I can't use the ELF mineral foundation because of the Bismuth Oxychloride (makes me itchy) but if you don't have a sensitivity to that it works pretty well. The mineral shadows are really great and the ones I have are super pigmented. They are loose powders so you need a primer for them. I actually use the ELF mineral eyeshadow primer all the time and it holds as well as UDPP for me. I am not a huge fan of their mineral lipsticks. They aren't true to color and wear off super easy.

Haven't found a L'Oreal mineral product that didn't make me itch so I can't recommend that.

Latest posts

Back