Mineral Makeup Online Pics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any links with good pics of people wearing or demonstrating mineral makeup? I'd really like to compare pics and see if it's worth the hype.

Thanks. I hope you can point me in the right direction! I've heard about it, but I want to see it on!

Cali

Hey Cali!

Try this site, it has video clips on Bare Escentuals. This is the mineral makeup that I wear and I LOVE it!

http://www.baremakeup.com/bevideos.html

Originally Posted by Californian Does anyone know of any links with good pics of people wearing or demonstrating mineral makeup? I'd really like to compare pics and see if it's worth the hype.Thanks. I hope you can point me in the right direction! I've heard about it, but I want to see it on!

Cali

Hey Cali!
Try this site, it has video clips on Bare Escentuals. This is the mineral makeup that I wear and I LOVE it!

http://www.baremakeup.com/bevideos.html

[/quote
200banner9.jpg

Oh man! I really wanted to view the videos but cannot see any of them. Do they work for you if you try them right now?

Shucks!!!!!!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Tinydancer Try this linkhttp://www.bareminerals.com/demo.html

Ok I figured out what it was. I had Core Media Player downloaded so that I could watch a movie and it was taking over the latest Windows Media Player by default. Sigh! Anyway, now that it's fixed, I'm going to watch!Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by Californian Does anyone know of any links with good pics of people wearing or demonstrating mineral makeup? I'd really like to compare pics and see if it's worth the hype.Thanks. I hope you can point me in the right direction! I've heard about it, but I want to see it on!

Cali

I have been wondering about mineral makeup too! Another one I have been thinking about trying is "Signature Club" that they always have on the Home Shopping Network, has anyone tried it before?

Cali, If you go to Delphi Forums and then to Bare Escentual Addicts...you will meet and find women who use and post pictures of their before and afters. See if this link works. http://forums.delphiforums.com/bareescentuals/ good luck..let me know if it doesn't and we can get you in another way. Hugs, Pinky oh... I went to the Lancome department today and retrieved their new ID foundation....sample. Saw it in the Marie Claire mag...Sept issue...I'll let you know if it works out ok...later gator...

Hey Pinky,

Thanks! I tried the link and they want me to register. So is there another way? By the way, I did win the BE foundation on Ebay, brand new. Yeah! Can't wait to try it out. I'd love to see the b4's and afters.

w/b

Cali

015image1.jpg

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz Cali,
If you go to Delphi Forums and then to Bare Escentual Addicts...you will meet and find women who use and post pictures of their before and afters. See if this link works.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/bareescentuals/

good luck..let me know if it doesn't and we can get you in another way.

Hugs, Pinky

oh... I went to the Lancome department today and retrieved their new ID foundation....sample. Saw it in the Marie Claire mag...Sept issue...I'll let you know if it works out ok...later gator...

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 I have been wondering about mineral makeup too! Another one I have been thinking about trying is "Signature Club" that they always have on the Home Shopping Network, has anyone tried it before? I've never even been to the Home Shopping Network... I think there's something fishy about it. Anyway, no sorry I have not tried the Signature Club version. BTW, I've been wondering if you still like your new haircut and how that's going...?Cali

012image2.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian I've never even been to the Home Shopping Network... I think there's something fishy about it. Anyway, no sorry I have not tried the Signature Club version. BTW, I've been wondering if you still like your new haircut and how that's going...?Cali

012image2.jpg

Hi Cali, I'm getting used to my shorter hair but I really miss when it was long too sometimes, I still have some easystraight damage so I'm just going to have to keep going in for those trims, maybe a year or so from now I will be able to say all of my hair is healthy again, it is growing pretty fast too so I'm happy about that. Thanks for caring and being so sweet.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Hi Cali, I'm getting used to my shorter hair but I really miss when it was long too sometimes, I still have some easystraight damage so I'm just going to have to keep going in for those trims, maybe a year or so from now I will be able to say all of my hair is healthy again, it is growing pretty fast too so I'm happy about that. Thanks for caring and being so sweet.
icon_wink.gif
I'm sincerely glad that things are looking up. I was reminded of your haircut when I was going through the hair forum looking for some specific advice. Anyway, I remembered thinking that your haircut sounds super cute and stylish. What is the update on the law stuff? Any? I am wondering how many they have in their case now.Cali

kkbanner1.jpg

I'm sincerely glad that things are looking up. I was reminded of your haircut when I was going through the hair forum looking for some specific advice. Anyway, I remembered thinking that your haircut sounds super cute and stylish. What is the update on the law stuff? Any? I am wondering how many they have in their case now.Cali

kkbanner1.jpg
[/quote

Last that I heard about the lawsuit was from Rowantree, sounds like they have gotten quite a few more women getting in touch with them, I know just in the last few days I have sent info. about it to 2 more women that have posted about their hair damage on other boards. I guess the law firm is getting ready to get a web site going too so that will be helpful. I really need to email or call them myself and see if I can find out anything else, I'll be sure to let ya know if I do.

Originally Posted by SusieQ And yet another good link with befores and afters. Try www.purminerals.com Oh this is great. I went to this site and look what you can get for $16:
mineral_lip_plumping_gloss.jpg
<--mineral plumping gloss and two mineral eyeshadow duos:
may_promo.gif

Plus check out these before and after photos using mineral makeup:

Before (w/rosacea)
before_and_after_linda_1.jpg

After w/ mineral mu
before_and_after_linda_3.jpg

Before (w/dry skin and lines)
before_and_after_terry_1.jpg

After (Using mineral glow)
before_and_after_terry_3.jpg

Before: (has acne w/ breakouts)
before_and_after_megan_1.jpg

After (w/non clogging coverage):
before_and_after_megan_3.jpg

Plus I read this:

Pür Minerals embraces the challenges that skins face:

Oily skin: There are no oils to clog pores or make skin look shiny. The skin can breathe.

Dry skin: There is no talc - makeup won't settle in tiny lines and wrinkles to make your skin look dry and old.

Sensitive skin: There is no fragrance, no fillers, no chemical dyes to irritate skin.

Young skin: Provides sheer, beautiful, youth enhancing coverage. No "made-up" look.

Mature skin: Contains mica, a natural light reflector that gives skin a youthful, healthy glow.

Sun-sensitive skin: Utilizes Titanium Dioxide, a mineral that provides a SPF 15 and does it naturally.

Finicky skin: Contains no chemical dyes, no talc, no oil, no fragrance and no fillers, just a beautiful second skin that will not feel like you are wearing makeup.

Virtually every skin type, skin color and skin age will benefit from the beautiful, natural approach to a flawless looking complexion.

Thanks for the info. I really enjoyed myself on this site. The price is comparable to BE minerals (just a few dollars less). I am especially interested in the nice glow it gives. Anyway, I'm just sharing what I learned. This is not a commercial; this is just me being excited. LOL

Thanks for the link, SUSIEQ!!

<----Smiley mining for minerals

Oh good! Glad you loved this site! I can only say that the cosmetics are fantastic, especially the powders & pencils and no glitter just a soft sheen. You might get better deals at the Shop At Home website.

Originally Posted by SusieQ Oh good! Glad you loved this site! I can only say that the cosmetics are fantastic, especially the powders & pencils and no glitter just a soft sheen. You might get better deals at the Shop At Home website. Hey SusieQ,the site doesn't have a pic of the glow minerals posted yet. Have you tried them? They are not foundation and not bronzer, but a simple glow. It looked great in the b4 and after pic, but there is no pic of the product itself. Maybe "one size fits all?"

012image1.jpg

Yes Californian, the Mineral Glow is a very subtle golden tan bronzer and perfect for every complexion tone. I have this and love it especially for summer. You can also use it as eye shadow and lips with gloss over it. There is a very good close up of the mineral glow at www.tsc.ca. At the home page go to Beauty, than collections than Pur Minerals. The mineral glo is close to the bottom in a kit with the powder.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I was at this pre-Latin Grammy event & was introduced a new mineral based make-up brand called EMANI. Their powdered eyeshadows are super fine in texture and go on nice & smooth. The colors are comparable to MAC - from soft & natural to bright & funky.
http://emani.net/colordust.html

http://store6.yimg.com/I/emanicosmetics_1789_418929

I checked out the web site and their colors look A LOT like MAC. Their prices are super inexpensive in comparison. Can you even tell you are wearing one of the natural shades? Is it worth it to get a natural shade or would you stick to the more brilliant colors? Their teals and blues are beautiful. Thanks for this link, Joyeuux.
0011image9.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian I checked out the web site and their colors look A LOT like MAC. Their prices are super inexpensive in comparison. Can you even tell you are wearing one of the natural shades? Is it worth it to get a natural shade or would you stick to the more brilliant colors? Their teals and blues are beautiful. Thanks for this link, Joyeuux.
0011image9.jpg

Teehee, Cali, your graphics make me smile.
smile.gif

I didn't get to play much with the actual product, so I don't know too much about staying power, ease of application etc. I just loved the brilliant colors - shimmers, glitters, frosts. EMANI has a lot of loose powder shadows, which I like. I'm going to see where I can find her shadows here in LA and then I'll let you know. I personally am going to buy some fun bright colors, to compare with MAC.

Latest posts

Back