Quantcast

Mineral Makeup users: Need opinions for the best mineral makeup

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
0
Hi All!

I was just wondering if I can get some thoughts on opinions for the best mineral makeup. I currently use BE. Not too happy with it but it is better than my old liquid foundation. BE doesn't last long at all and is a little irritating to my skin. It also enhances fine lines that I didn't even know I had. And pores too!

The problem I had with liquid is that it broke me out. I decided to go with the least of the two evils.

thanks in advance!!

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
I cant recommend this as i've never tried it but i have heard that Jane Iredale's Mineral makeup is quite good. Have you tried that yet?

 
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
0
Thanks Laura!

No, I never tried it but I will look into it.

Thanks again!!

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
the only mineral makeup that i know of are bare escentuals, jane iredale (sp?), and aromaleigh. i heard aromaleigh is the best one. they sell samples on their website and looks like they have a lot of color shades to choose from.

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
I used Aromaleigh and Jane Iredale and still have some left from both that I use from time to time. I like them both very much as mineral mu. BE worked for me first and then I started having problems.... Good luck.

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
I really like Aromaleigh...Jane Iredale is nice too and some people like it best because it doesn't only come in loose powder form, it also comes in a compact form and in liquid.

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Congrats Envyme!! I just realized that you became a Mod


Originally Posted by envymi I really like Aromaleigh...Jane Iredale is nice too and some people like it best because it doesn't only come in loose powder form, it also comes in a compact form and in liquid.
 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lilla Congrats Envyme!! I just realized that you became a Mod
???I've been one for a while now...at least a couple of months, but thank you though!
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
You know what, I knew that too...
but for some reason too much stress with school right now is making me see thing as I am just seing it! I have very little time for MuT
right now so I feel like I am missing many posts. Sorry about that. I am going to sleep now... tomorrow is another day!


Originally Posted by envymi ???I've been one for a while now...at least a couple of months, but thank you though!
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Hi Victoria, Welcome to MuT


Originally Posted by ladyvic Hi Every One,
I just signed up awhile ago and came across this thread on mineral

foundations...and while I have not used any mineral foundations

other than Jane Iredale and BE, I recently came upon this highly

recommended site called CoryCosmetics.com

Apparently is getting awesome raves. I read most of the posts at

their forum and see nothing but fantastic stuff about these minerals.

They say its the best coverage, is water/sweatproof and have foundations

also for hypersensitive skin like mine. Mine face usually itches and sometimes

stings with the other minerals I use, so I purchased a whole lotta samples

as they are only .35 each and cheap shipping rates. Also they have a velvet

cream foundation stick that is getting very good response. As soon as I find

my matching color with the samples I ordered I am definately trying this

stick. Oh yeah they just came out with pressed finishing/finalizer powder.

Oh boy I rattled on...but I thought you may be interested if haven't heard

of them. Can't wait to receive my samples. The only downside I have read

is the fact that the sample's may take up 15 business days to ship and the

full size orders 5-7 days to ship due to overwhelming response. May be worth

the wait i hope. Okay enough already.

Go visit their forum and read up and you'll see what I mean.

Oh yes, I am Victoria from Texas.
Also the mother of

wonderful twin boys soon to be 11 years old.

I am 39 years young..
and luvs the makeup!

Victoria

 
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
0
Hi Lilla!

I went to the site and I like what I see.

I will have to check the rest of the site out later.

Thanks!!



 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Kim, I don't remember Aromaleigh samples being that cheap either. I bought mine for $2 or something like that I think.


Originally Posted by Naturally Which site? I know some of the samples at the corycosmetics were .35 cents ..but I don't think Aromaleighs were ever that cheap ...but I could be wrong. Either way ..even if they are $1 ..that's still cheaper than Ebay ..most folks there want to charge $2.50 and up ..and that's not even including shipping.
 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by ladyvic Hi Every One,
I just signed up awhile ago and came across this thread on mineral

foundations...and while I have not used any mineral foundations

other than Jane Iredale and BE, I recently came upon this highly

recommended site called CoryCosmetics.com

Apparently is getting awesome raves. I read most of the posts at

their forum and see nothing but fantastic stuff about these minerals.

They say its the best coverage, is water/sweatproof and have foundations

also for hypersensitive skin like mine. Mine face usually itches and sometimes

stings with the other minerals I use, so I purchased a whole lotta samples

as they are only .35 each and cheap shipping rates. Also they have a velvet

cream foundation stick that is getting very good response. As soon as I find

my matching color with the samples I ordered I am definately trying this

stick. Oh yeah they just came out with pressed finishing/finalizer powder.

Oh boy I rattled on...but I thought you may be interested if haven't heard

of them. Can't wait to receive my samples. The only downside I have read

is the fact that the sample's may take up 15 business days to ship and the

full size orders 5-7 days to ship due to overwhelming response. May be worth

the wait i hope. Okay enough already.

Go visit their forum and read up and you'll see what I mean.

Oh yes, I am Victoria from Texas.
Also the mother of

wonderful twin boys soon to be 11 years old.

I am 39 years young..
and luvs the makeup!

Victoria

Hmmm, funny that you say you've heard raves about Cory...I tried them out before because they do have a great color selection for foundations, but it all made me itch like crazy! And most people that I know who've tried it either had the same reaction or they broke out like crazy. I don't remember what it is, but there is some ingredient in their stuff that is not friendly with most skin types. Plus, it looked great when you first put it on, but then once it settled in and warmed up to the skin, it looked like it was melting off the face. I hope you have better luck with it than I did and everyone else I've heard.
 
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
The only mineral makeup I have tried is Bare Escentuals. But I really like BE. Especially the mineral veil.

Lisa

 
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by envymi Hmmm, funny that you say you've heard raves about Cory...I tried them out before because they do have a great color selection for foundations, but it all made me itch like crazy! And most people that I know who've tried it either had the same reaction or they broke out like crazy. I don't remember what it is, but there is some ingredient in their stuff that is not friendly with most skin types. Plus, it looked great when you first put it on, but then once it settled in and warmed up to the skin, it looked like it was melting off the face. I hope you have better luck with it than I did and everyone else I've heard. eeEKK! Guess I will mark them off my list. I use BE but it is a little irritating to my skin. I bought the kit originally then bought the full size since the liquid foundation I was using prior was much worse for me. I would love to find another brand of mineral makeup when I run out.
 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Jane Iredale costs a little more, but is another good one other than Aromaleigh. In fact, I think I'm liking their foundations better than Aromaleigh now.

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
When I use mineral mu, I put on Jane Iredale more often than Aromaleigh mu too.

Originally Posted by envymi Jane Iredale costs a little more, but is another good one other than Aromaleigh. In fact, I think I'm liking their foundations better than Aromaleigh now.
 

Latest posts

Top