Mineral oil bad or good for the skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some people say that mineral oil clogs pores but I've read from different articles on the web that mineral oil is good for the skin and doesn't clog pores. Since there is such discrepancy I'd like to see what other have to say about it. What have you learned about mineral oil? I've starting to try to learn more about different ingreadients in skin care and makeup to see what can cause breakouts and what not but it seems to be such a complicated subject to learn about.

I would think it would be alright for dry skin - especially on feet, legs, arms, elbows etc... I wouldn't put it on your face though - that's probably where you'd see the most clogged pores...
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I would think it would be alright for dry skin - especially on feet, legs, arms, elbows etc... I wouldn't put it on your face though - that's probably where you'd see the most clogged pores...
icon_cool.gif
I don't use mineral oil....but I do use jojoba oil to remove my make-up and camelia oil to help moisturize prior to foundation...
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Suzq1 I don't use mineral oil....but I do use jojoba oil to remove my make-up and camelia oil to help moisturize prior to foundation...
biggrin.gif
you must be baby's butt smooth!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 you must be baby's butt smooth!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am pretty smooth...LOL
icon_razz.gif
...but I need those darn wrinkles to disappear!
icon_neutral.gif

You know R, it's amazing that you asked that...personally, mineral oil dries my skin rather than moisturizes it, doesn't block stuff like aloe gel or even organic crisco...Anita Guyton wrote The Anti-Wrinkle book & recommends petroleum jelly with added vit. e & a & c (the ascorbyl palmitate version as it's oil soluble rather than water soluble) for dry, flakey skin from the eyes on down but, my preference would be bean, castor oil (the food grade, not chemical grade, source, also known as The Palma Christi), or jojoba oil since it's the most like our sebum, squalene (from olive), borage, evening primrose, carrot,or if you prefer animal source, emu oil, or fish, squalane oil (from sharks), salmon, & seeds like sunflower or safflower & nuts, such as hazelnut & almonds, avocado & peanut.

Latest posts

Back