Mineral sites

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, you might get more luck if you browsed the forums or started a thread with your question, but, short answer, no, theoretically at least it won't break out your skin. People turn to mineral makeup also because their sensitive skin is hard to please.

Zinc oxide, one of its main components is actually soothing, it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals from the regular makeup and it provides an SPF15 sunscreen.

Just make sure to read the labels as the drugstore stuff still has the same chemicals in it, and avoid bismuth oxychloride, potentially irritating.

^^^This is where I get lots of my ingredients for my mmu. Good service and quick delivery. It is definitely a well run professional company. This is where I bought my first micas and my first mmu kit and where my addiction with DIY makeup began.

I have heard so much about TKB trading, only from people on youtube. What about coastal scents? Also I read up on a lot of negative things on CS however, they sell a bonding agent for their micas, so you can press them, and TKB does not. So in reality does this mean that CS is just trying to make profit? Is there something out there that helps mica adhere better to the eye and stay longer, and also is there something that allows you to press it?

@Shanki TKB does have some pressing goo, but I haven't tried it. I haven't "graduated" to pressing yet, I'm still in the Elementary Baggie Smoosh Class.

They have LOTS of stuff you can use to make makeup, I've been very happy with everything I've gotten from there.

Coastal Scents has some really cute glittery things if you have Tweens and Teens in your family, one of the things I did last month was get a bunch of clear nail polish from the dollar store, and mixed in some of the glittery stuff and my nieces loved it!

WOW! GREAT LIST! Can't wait to check them all out. But meanwhile I myself use Mineral Beaute - Mineral makeup and love it. Got it from jcnadiaparis dot com . I know you've got JC NADIA up on the list but thats their ebay shop but they've got alot more on their website and at cheaper prices than ebay so please do add that to the list. Thank you! By the way, the seller is extremely friendly. She has given me free lipglosses, eyeshadow pigments and brushes on few occasions as I'm their regular customer. So I'd say they got really good customer service and 5* review from me.

I also know I'm Fabulous Vegan mineral makeup line with over 300 colors and limited edition eyeshadow colors. With a new collection coming up call SHABBY CHIC! 

I have been a customers of them for skin care for 3 yeas and love teir anti-aging line and now started to order the makeup and I love it, it feels so silky!

I have found a brand that seems to work as well as the more expensive brands and is very reasonable.  It's called Lafemmenature. I tried it and I highly recommend it.  It looks and feels light and natural.  I hope this helps.

Search the web:
enhanced by

Here is a very popular mineral makeup store on etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/orglamix.

There is another store on etsy if interested in learning how to make your own mineral makeup that sells an eBook http://www.etsy.com/listing/67766231/the-complete-mineral-makeup-kitlimited. It has tons of information and recipes for everything that you would want to learn for only $19.99. I bought it and am really impressed with it, other mineral makeup eBooks that I have bought cost more and don't have nearly the amount of information in them. 

Back