Mock Fried Rice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like Fried Rice but don't want to use White Rice because you're watching carbs? 1 head of Cauliflower chopped up fine to coarse 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 clove (or two or more) of Garlic - crushed 1/2 red onion chopped fine 1 each (red & green peppers) chopped fine 1/4 cup of carrot slivers - chopped fine 1 egg beaten 1 tspn of Soy sauce Heat oil in pan and saute garlic, then add your cauliflower and saute for maybe 5 mins adding salt & pepper to taste. Add the rest of the ingredients (except egg) and saute for another 5 - 10 mins. You can either scramble the eggs in with the rest of the ingredients or cook in another pan, but add to the rest of the ingredients afterwards. Also you can add small cubes of meat (chicken, shrimp, pork or beef) at the end. Serve with chopsticks and enjoy! The cauliflower when chopped fine is almost like the rice in regular fried rice ..but w/o the bad carbs of white rice!

that sounds really interesting. i see a lot of recipes with cauliflower used as a carb substitute. i dont know how i feel about cauliflower mashed potatoes, but it has to be interesting. have you tried this one out? what do you think of it? i once ate a sandwich with lettuce leaves in place of bread, and it was ok. i dont think i could make that a way of life, though.

wow, thats awesome. im glad youve had such success.
smile.gif

i do like vegetable purees like parsnip, carrot, etc., but they need a ton of butter or cream not to taste watery. unless youre low carbing it, cream and butter are not your friends!

i could stand to lose a few....ok, several, but i dont know that i could do a low carb diet.

you can have sweet potatoes on the SBD? wow. they have the most sugar of any veg besides beets. so......how the heck does the SBD work? cause i know how atkins works.

wow. thanks for all the info. i think im going to have to look into the SBD. when i hear of fad diets, i pretty much turn off my ears, but this one sounds too good to be true! i couldnt deal with atkins. all that meat and no fruit....(lets refer to the "how many times a day do you doo doo thread.") SBD sounds good. it sounds like how i pretty much eat my dinners. now, if only everything i consumed fit into the category of balanced meals and whole foods. my prob is that i like fatty stuff and i eat large portions.

damn, i loooove fruit juice. it sounds like its not too restrictive. ill have to reserve a copy of the book at the library. thanks so much!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back