• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ModCloth Stylish Surprise Swap Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MelloThere /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi guys! This is my first post. I've never swapped before, so if you know how this goes I'd love someone to show me the ropes.

The one in the middle is a Jessica Simpson size large. I really liked it but I think looks odd on me. The other 2 are both just size large.

Ah!  I was looking at your post on Instagram and thinking that I loved the two right dresses.  If only I was a size large!

Hey guys!  Got my SS box in the mail today.  I loved some of what I got, but some of it didn't fit so well, including this dress in size XS.  It's called "What's Up, Dock," and it's by the Rock Steady brand.  It was too small for me (and I also didn't love it too much), but maybe one of you guys can rock it!

Oh, and one other item - I got a pair of shoes that I'm not too into.  It's these shoes by Bamboo, in 6.5:

Mine is too big for me: size 1X (I sized up since dresses usually run too small in the bust for me), this one is too big. Not really my style either but it would make a great spring/summer dress for the right gal.

For swap or sale:

I love the mint one. I posted a picture of a dress on the stylish surprise threat that I wanted to swap so look if you're interested in trading.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maelynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love the mint one. I posted a picture of a dress on the stylish surprise threat that I wanted to swap so look if you're interested in trading.
what mint one

Shoes up for trade (size 8.5). Not sure of the brand since my coworkers opened the box for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll start us off!
smile.gif

These are both medium.
The one on the left is super cute, but just not my style. Perfect for spring/summer.
The one on the right is floor length. It looks really nicely made (possibly fairly expensive) and there are a few layers in the skirt section, so it's thicker.

Can take better pictures/post more details if anyone is interested.
Sorry I meant to quote you and I don't know how to delete my other post.

Up for swap!
Size small, brand poema. Fits like a medium I'd say, but might just fit someone with boobs actually. Haha.
Size small, brand C. Luce.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eszebel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey guys!  Got my SS box in the mail today.  I loved some of what I got, but some of it didn't fit so well, including this dress in size XS.  It's called "What's Up, Dock," and it's by the Rock Steady brand.  It was too small for me (and I also didn't love it too much), but maybe one of you guys can rock it!

I LOVE THIS!! I'm still waiting on my SS hopefully you still have this when I get mine.

I love that dress is it stretchy at all? Or is it strictly a size 0??

It is stretchy (it's mostly rayon), but it definitely isn't stretchy enough to pass for anything bigger than an XS!

Quote: Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  All up for trade! Would love GT items too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Sorry for dumb question -- what are GT items?

Got mine in, don't like either but hope they find a home! I got SZ 8.5 Burgundy & Black Flats by Mika + a Red Asymmetrical neckline/ sleeves blouse by YA Los Angeles.

I'm posting this with deep sadness.. Got this today (while I was at work) and I was SO excited to try it on as soon as I got home. Sadly my chest has done me in again :*(. I know there are worse problems to have, but even though I'm petite, I have a bigger chest than most people my size and this dress fits everywhere else but makes me feel like someone taped my girls up with duct tape! I'm so sad though because I love everything about this dress (I even made myself like the color although I thought it was a but much at first), it even has boning in the chest which gives it such a flattering shape. It does have a small stretch band along the back edge but it's just not enough stretch for me. It would be perfect for anyone with a B cup or smaller. It's a size XS, brand is Fables by Barrie and Polyvore has it listed at $51. I'll swap for anything else that's a XS or S. Anything to take my mind off all the thoughts I had of wearing this dress for my honeymoon 😩

Back