Moisturizer for oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!  I'm looking for a moisturizer to put on under my makeup.  My skin is kind of oily and I'm having trouble finding one that doesn't make it worse.   Any recommendations are appreciated.

My skin is a combination of dry and oily. So I used to use baby products. Then I found It's Skin lotion and it worked well for me. It was on sale but I am not sure it's still.  Hope this helps. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I always used  to use like...st ives lotion untill someone told me it causes scars on their skin. So now I just use vaseline. 

Hi Erin! In addition to your oily skin, do you get breakouts or uneven skin tone? I suffer from oily skin as well, so I think I could help you. ☺️

Oily skin is a problem to us. It makes us feel uncomfortable and quite restrained from all the activities we ought to do. When our skin is oily this is a sign that we ought to clean the pores of our skin by simply washing our face.

Hi all,

I have been using skin care products for my oily skin too, and have found one perfect group of products and they have a promising result and I have seen the improvement in my skin condition. I recommend all to try the Rose Face Gel from Conatural.

It's affordable and has a soothing result on the skin.

Hi  Erin, I hope you are doing well. I have this home made skin care mixture which is positively effective on all skin types. You can watch the procedure of making this at home on my channel:

Amias Diaries

So I don't have oily skin but my client does. She uses either the L'Oreal Rebalancing Facial Oil or Narloa Balancing Face Oil. They don't break her out (despite being oils) and they both help her skin balance out it's sebum production. Also both of them work as good primers. All you need is a few drops and they should both spread out easily.

Moisturizer for oily skin

• there are many market available moisturizer or oily skin, people with oily skin firstly do not even think of any oil as moisturizer but jojoba oil is one of the best
  • Jojoba oil can seal in the moisture and create an effective barrier to external elements. It is so structurally close to the secretion of the sebaceous glands in the skin that it is readily accepted and tolerated.
  • You can rub a few drops of Jojoba oil between your palms and apply it on the face and other exposed parts whenever you venture out and after washing your face every time. For a deeper moisturizing effect, warm up a spoonful of Jojoba oil and massage it in after washing the face at bedtime and leave it on overnight. Pure Jojoba oil is fully absorbed into the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
  • If you’re troubled by oily scalp or trying hard to mask your shiny forehead and nose under layers of makeup, rubbing in Jojoba oil on the affected parts will give wonderful results. It is counterintuitive to use this oil, or any oil for that matter, on oily skin, but surprisingly Jojoba oil can help reduce oiliness. This is by modulating the sebum production.

Yes. Oily skin is such a displeasure.

You should try Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer with SPF 1
or
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Daily Face Moisturizer for Oily Skin

Maybe It will help :)

I use Boscia BB cream. It works perfectly as a moisturizer, it hydrates the skin completely and it's slightly toned, so it can replace foundation in daily makeup. 

I absolutely love Rodan and fields soothe moisturizer because it’s not greasy and it’s it’s very light weight, it also makes a fantastic primer. Definitely my go too

It's hard to hydrate your skin when every moisturizer adds to the oiliness of the skin. Here are the two of our favorite moisturizer that are perfect for the oily skin type.

COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion

451138305_999_1.jpg

The lightweight moisturizing lotion contains tea tree oil, lemon, willow bark extract and vitamins. The moisturizer gets easily absorbed in the skin leaving a hydrated skin behind. Your skin won't look like an oil land while also get enough hydration to maintain the glow.

Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel

Benton_Aloe_Propolis_Soothing_Gel_Repackage_PDP_grande.jpg

Moisturize your skin with the most natural ingredient ever. Aloe Vera is known for its moisturizing and healing properties. The Benton aloe gel contains 80% aloe and 10% propolis which works best for the oily skin. Hydrate and calm your skin with the heavenly soothing gel. 

Anyone with an oily skin should go for a hydrating, lightweight, and non comedogenic moisturiser that keeps their face feeling fresh and hydrated. The formula of the moisturiser should not be very creamy and it will be great if it is gel based, so that it locks in your skin’s moisture and keeps it from itching. Moisturisers with no or almost no fragrance are best as they are the most gentle on an oily skin , which is prone to acne and acne scarring. Also look for moisturisers with as many natural products as possible such as green tea extract, lemon, aloe vera, watermelon, or ingredients such as collagen in them. In a nutshell you should look for a preferably fragrance free, gel based, non- creamy moisturiser which has a higher concentration of natural ingredients. Again, everyone's skin can react differently to various products so it's always better to try a new moisturiser for a while. Most of the times, finding a correct moisturiser or other skincare product for sensitive skin can take a lot of trial and elimination. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back