Money and Investing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Money and Investing. How many of you invest in stocks, bonds, money markets, 401ks or mutual funds?

If you do invest, fill us in on your investing prowess and what you are invested in. If you DON'T invest, tell us why

Lets take a poll

We do invest for sure. We have multiple Schwab investements that we started for our kids at an early age and both have 401ks. We also have multiple IRAs for retirement. They have quite a bunch of mooolah in them
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin)

Money and Investing. How many of you invest in stocks, bonds, money markets, 401ks or mutual funds?
If you do invest, fill us in on your investing prowess and what you are invested in. If you DON'T invest, tell us why

Lets take a poll

I do. I started a portfolio years ago. I own stock in Nokia; Best Buy; Equitable Resources; Citibank; and a toy company (I cant think of the name right now to save my life).

I also have a money market account which I'm loving! Its held by an online institution so I'm getting great rates since they have no B&M locations AT ALL!!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Money and Investing. How many of you invest in stocks, bonds, money markets, 401ks or mutual funds?

Lets take a poll

Awesome!!! Woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU

I do. I started a portfolio years ago. I own stock in Nokia; Best Buy; Equitable Resources; Citibank; and a toy company (I cant think of the name right now to save my life).
I also have a money market account which I'm loving! Its held by an online institution so I'm getting great rates since they have no B&M locations AT ALL!!!

Mutual Funds, traditional savings, Roth IRA & a 401k through my employer. However, I need to become more agressive.

Oops, I had to edit the poll to reflect "what money" as my vote. When I finish school and start working FT, I will probably invest.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I own some stock through my company's ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) and also have a 401k. I have a savings account but not much $$ in it.

I have my checking & savings acct's... (although not much in them) and I have a 401K through work. I really don't have much extra to invest with, but the amt. I put in at work (about 5%) is put into agressive & dynamic areas so it's been adding up -but I've only had it about a year now...
icon_rolleyes.gif

wow. i'm reading everyone's posts about their money and investing and i'm so
confused.gif

i don't even know what a stock is! of course, i've heard of it, but i hate economics and anything having to do with it. I JUST LIKE SPENDING MY MONEY AND THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME!

I opened an IRA when I was 20 and I still have that. Over the years I've invested in all kinds of stocks and bonds, but I got so obsessive with it that now I have someone in charge of it for me. The latest one I remember I put some $$$ into is Syrius after constant nagging by my boyfriend to invest in it. I also have some stuff invested for my son, but the biggest one is the trust I set up for him.

Oops, I clicked "NO" but I should have clicked "What's money"?
wink.gif

I am a poor grad student and hubby has a low-paying starter job... we are able to save a little money each month but it sure isn't enough to bother to invest! (Plus as my income and expenses fluctuates throughout the school year, sometimes we have to dip into that savings!) But hopefully a few years after we start some "real" careers we'll have enough money to invest!
smile.gif
Hubby did just start a 401K at work, and I have a CD that my grandparents set up for me when I was born, but we are hoping to save the CD and use it on a down payment for a house someday!

Latest posts

Back