Morissette Has Gotten Over Her Anger

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Associated Press

Singer Alanis Morissette says she's no longer the angry young woman from the "Jagged Little Pill" days, but she still has "issues" with the institution of marriage. Morissette, 31, sat down with Elizabeth Vargas of ABC's "20/20."

Morissette said there's a timelessness about the songs from "Jagged Little Pill," her 1995 debut that launched her to stardom, thanks largely to the first single, "You Oughta Know," which became an anthem for nasty breakups.

The singer said she still feels the emotions expressed on the album; she's just not riding the roller-coaster of emotions the way she did then. Morissette is currently touring in support of an acoustic remake of "Jagged."

Morissette also has wedding plans to think about — as well as the notion of marriage itself. Morissette got engaged to actor Ryan Reynolds last year, but they have yet to set a date.

Morissette says "the feminist" in her "has had a lot of issues with the whole concept of being a wife."

"What does that mean in 2005, versus what it means in the '40s and even in my mom's generation?" she said.

It was a very grown-up Morissette who sang "The Star Spangled-Banner" before Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Pistons and Spurs in San Antonio on Thursday night. It was Morissette's first television appearance since she became a U.S. citizen earlier this year. Like Reynolds, she was born in Canada.

Reynolds, 28, has appeared in several movies, including "Blade: Trinity" and the recent remake of "The Amityville Horror."

She is a little wacky,did anyone see her house on mtv cribs?she has a terrific house,very cool decor but i still think she has a couple of screws missing.
icon_wink.gif

wasn't she all angry because she and dave coulier (joey from full house) broke up?

she should be happy with Ryan Reynolds as her fiancé *LOL*

at least I´d be happy with him
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(I just remember a few scenes from Amityville Horror*hehe*)

Latest posts

Back