Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mothers!! Gotta love them. They give you advice, tell you what you don’t want (but need) to hear, pick the food out of your teeth, throw vitamins in your cocktails, and sing songs from the 50’s as they vacuum. Your mom loves you and thinks you are the coolest, most beautiful person in the world (if she was trained right). Don’t forget your mom on Mother’s Day MAY 9th!!! Be prepared. As Mom always said, "The early bird gets the worm."

Here are some Mother's Day gift ideas inspired by quotes from moms around the world.

Famous Mom quote: “You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!â€

Gift Inspirations:

- Gardeners Helping Hands Tote. The potato gardener in her will love this cute tote packed with Crabtree and Evelyn hand therapy, hand recovery, and 3 soaps in cucumber, lettuce and carrot (sorry no potato). See it here!

- For her dirty ears: Buy the “Feels Like Home†Norah Jones’ best-selling CD. This is for those moms who prefer soothing blue-grass, country, jazz, and the blues to the pelvic thrusts of Britney Spears.

- Beautiful pearl earrings are a fabulous way to cover up dirty ears. Mothers love pearls. Check out Nordstrom’s section of pearl earrings here.

Famous Mom Quote: “Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.â€

Gift Inspirations:

- Let’s face it. Mothers have to bend a lot, they have to maneuver the Thanksgiving turkey and they have to carry home that new lawn mower that you wanted from Sears for Christmas. Case in point: If Mom should get in a car accident, or if her pants should rip as she reaches to pick up your lawnmower and cook your turkey, make sure she is wearing nice underwear. Victoria’s secret has some conservative “Rio briefs†at 5 for 20 bucks. Surf here to see them.

- Give Mom her own roadside emergency kit. Pack it with the things she’ll need (don’t forget the spare pair of underwear that she’s always talking about). Store the emergency goods in a backpack or tidy tool kit in case there is an earthquake or a roadkill mishap.

Some things that you might want to include in her emergency kit:

- 12-foot jumper cables

- Four 15-minute roadside flares

- Lipstick (it pays to look good when stranded)

- Two quarts of oil

- Gallon of antifreeze

- First aid kit (including an assortment of bandages, gauze, adhesive tape, antiseptic cream, instant ice and heat compresses, scissors and aspirin)

- Blanket (do not take the cat’s)

- Extra fuses

- Flashlight and extra batteries

- Flat head screwdrivers

- Phillips head screwdrivers

- Pliers (doubles as floss)

- Adjustable wrench (also handy as a weapon)

- Tire inflator (such as a Fix-A-Flat)

- Tire pressure gauge

- Rags

- Roll of paper towels

- Roll of duct tape (beware of forensics hazards)

- Spray bottle with washer fluid

- Pocketknife (Swiss ones have scissors for emergency haircuts)

- Ice scraper (if in Florida, substitute paper fan)

- Pen and paper

- Help sign (you can make it handy if you write “free money†on the back)

- Granola or energy bars

- Bottled water

- Carjacker spray

- Panties in case the paramedics arrive

Famous Mom Quote: “Be careful or you'll put your eye out.â€

Gift Inspirations:

- It is important to have beautiful eyes so that you are careful with them. Help mom treasure her eyes with a Stila Allover Shimmer Palette. Her eyes will shimmer so beautifully that she’ll be careful not to poke them out. Buy the palette here:

- Protect Mom's eyes with stylish sunglasses by Fossil. See them here.

Famous Mom Quote: “What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?â€

Gift Inspirations:

- Make Mom’s spirit soar with skydiving lessons! Soaring Adventures of America offers nation-wide skydiving, gliding and hot air balloon excursions! The price is right. They offer an April discount too! Call 1-800-762-7462 or log on to http://www.800soaring.com/ for more info.

- If mom is into mainstream trends and wants the latest and greatest “whatever everyone else has†goods … sign her up for a subscription to InSyle magazine, Oprah Magazine, or Forbes! She’ll thank you for keeping her ‘in the know.’

Famous Mom Quote:“If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.â€

Gift Inspirations:

- How about a pre paid phone card! I bet she has lots of things to say, but does not want to pay for it! Everyone loves hearing from her! You might also include a list of people for her to call and her own address book. Your phone number is optional.

- If Mom has nothing nice to say, perhaps she’d like to read instead. Check out Amazon.com’s selection of great Mom-approved top selling books here.

Famous Mom Quote: “Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!â€

Gift Inspirations:

- Every mom loves chocolate. If she’s a woman, she loves chocolate. If your mom falls into another category, don’t look at us. Check out See’s mouth-watering chocolate selections here. If you are not a mother, See's will make you wish you were!

- If you mother is trying to keep things out of her mouth so that she can fit into that poodle skirt that she wore in 1956, how about some new walking shoes? Shoes may not keep her from putting donuts in her mouth, but they will allow her to walk rather than drive to the nearest donut shop (apparently this burns more calories than driving). Check out the Sportswear Authority Outlet for some cute tennies here.

Famous Mom Quote: “Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.â€

Gift Inspirations:

- For those times when Mom actually wants to “freeze face†to capture that special moment where your father has fallen asleep with the cat on his head, check out these nice digital cameras (click here). They make great gifts.

- Have the years been unkind to your mother? Is she fighting off those wrinkles and swearing every time her grandchildren call her 'Grandma'? Have no fear. She will totally appreciate this "freeze your face" anti-aging 5-piece kit by MD Forte (click here for info). You owe it to Mom. After all, you were the one who caused those worry lines in the first place.

mutbanner3.gif

LOL! Cali, you kill me!

I think this year I'm going to pay for her hair, she goes every Friday so, I'm going to pre-pay for a year. She'll dig that.

What a cool idea! She gets her hair done weekly? Woah.. never heard of that. I am not sure what to get my mom yet. She loves Sees though. She never wants anything ... but I bet she wouldn't mind a new car! I can't quite do that yet.

I'm hoping that (even though my Mother's Day gift idea post is sort of sarcastic) it also has some decent ideas.

Originally Posted by Tinydancer LOL! Cali, you kill me!
I think this year I'm going to pay for her hair, she goes every Friday so, I'm going to pre-pay for a year. She'll dig that.

Back