My 1st Freestanding MAC haul!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok... IRL - looking in the mirror, I really can't tell... once again - flash shows differently! LOL Here is the Pink Apertif on top lip, and VGV on bottom. I guess it's not as bubblegum pink as VGV maybe a little peachier if anything. It was funny actually, because I'd read on here that it was similar, so I've been keeping an eye out for it at the counters this weekend - but I didn't see it. So at MAC today I asked the girl if they had it... and she went right for the D'Bohemia collection and handed it to me... well duh! Here I am thinking they didn't have it because I'm picking up all the light pink colors! I didn't even think to look at the darker ones (I'm not a dark l/s person) The P.A. in the tube looks like a dark mauve! I didn't even think to check that one - figured that would be NO WAY like VGV - but it's really sheer.

Janelle, you are so sweet, thank you for taking the pics. I am planning on making another trip to Denver this week and I will keep an eye on it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ok... IRL - looking in the mirror, I really can't tell... once again - flash shows differently! LOL Here is the Pink Apertif on top lip, and VGV on bottom. I guess it's not as bubblegum pink as VGV maybe a little peachier if anything. It was funny actually, because I'd read on here that it was similar, so I've been keeping an eye out for it at the counters this weekend - but I didn't see it. So at MAC today I asked the girl if they had it... and she went right for the D'Bohemia collection and handed it to me... well duh! Here I am thinking they didn't have it because I'm picking up all the light pink colors! I didn't even think to look at the darker ones (I'm not a dark l/s person) The P.A. in the tube looks like a dark mauve! I didn't even think to check that one - figured that would be NO WAY like VGV - but it's really sheer.

Originally Posted by lilla Janelle, you are so sweet, thank you for taking the pics. I am planning on making another trip to Denver this week and I will keep an eye on it
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Yeah - thats your best bet~~ check it out in person!! LOL It's hard to show on here! LOL Maybe if my pics were in daylight it'd be different, because w/ the flash it looks much more different in the pics than on the lips!
wink.gif
But it's with the new D'Bohemia collection... good luck!
smile.gif

I just put my VGV on and took a picture of it. It is with flash but I didn't realize it is such pretty color. It does look different in day light. I have to take one tomorrow to compare
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah - thats your best bet~~ check it out in person!! LOL It's hard to show on here! LOL Maybe if my pics were in daylight it'd be different, because w/ the flash it looks much more different in the pics than on the lips!
wink.gif
But it's with the new D'Bohemia collection... good luck!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla I just put my VGV on and took a picture of it. It is with flash but I didn't realize it is such pretty color. It does look different in day light. I have to take one tomorrow to compare
icon_lol.gif
Looks great on you too! *sigh* I love that color~ :icon_love
Charmaine... if you look at it... it's really, really close. But the flash makes it look more off than it is.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you have the Nars Orgasm lipgloss? I have never seen it, I wonder if VGV is similar to it?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Looks great on you too! *sigh* I love that color~ :icon_love
Charmaine... if you look at it... it's really, really close. But the flash makes it look more off than it is.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Do you have the Nars Orgasm lipgloss? I have never seen it, I wonder if VGV is similar to it? nah... sorry hun, don't have that one. I really don't like thick, sticky glosses - & I've heard they tend to be like that, so I never tried it. I am more into lipsticks that look like a gloss
wink.gif

I'm really liking VGV. Like Lilla, I never knew it looked so pretty. I have some MAC e/s worth depotting. Do they fit into any palette or just MAC's? And how many do I need for a free l/s? Great haul Janelle!

Thanks for the pics ladies, you can't tell from the website what the colors really look like.

Originally Posted by Naturally NICE HAUL Janelle! Thanks Miss Kim!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
:icon_love
Trisha - you are going to be the color analyst from now on for all my pictures, (you've just volunteered yourself! Congratulations!
smile.gif
) because that was a much better description!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL

Great Haul, Janelle!

I picked up Pink Apertif (among other things) this weekend and I love it! It's definitely less pink on me than VGV and a little deeper color. I love it, it's officially my new MLBB everyday lipstick. I may have to get a backup.

That is the reason I stick with l/s too. Here is a picture of it infront of the window with no flash. I am not a light color l/s person but I truely love this. I wonder all the Mac lustre l/s have the same goldish shimmer?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 nah... sorry hun, don't have that one. I really don't like thick, sticky glosses - & I've heard they tend to be like that, so I never tried it. I am more into lipsticks that look like a gloss
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, finally drove out to the freestanding MAC to break in the Pro card!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Here's the goodies:

1. Stopped in at Nordstroms... I didn't even know there was one in this mall - didn't show up on Nordie's site, so I peeked over @ their MAC counter... and snagged the last Beau palette they had!
wink.gif
Unfortunately couldn't get this 30% off because it was only at the Nordies counter.
icon_rolleyes.gif

2. Also stopped in at Sephora (just to look... lol) and picked up my perfume, and got these samples.

3. The perfume! LOL Philosophy's Pure Grace... my HG 'Signature' Scent! love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I think this is like my 5th bottle... lol

4. MAC brush cleaner. Will be bathing my brushes tonight!
tongue.gif

5. Got (2) 15-pan palettes for eyeshadows

6. From the D'Bohemia collection.....

7. 4 refill pan eyeshadows (from L to R: Deep Truth, Femme Noir, Paradisco, &Tilt) Femme Noir looks weird in the pic... it's a dark forest green IRL.

8. Powerpoint pencils in "Out to Sea" ( a light turquiose blue- & thanks to Bethany for the inspiration!) and "Tealo" (a dark green)

9. (1) 6-pan blush palette

10. Blot powder in Dark (with yours truly in the mirror! LOL)

11. Powerpoint swatches

And that's it for today... also stopped into Victorias Secret for my 'free panty' that I got a card for in the mail.... in black
smile.gif

Now once I depot the es's - I'll be at the local MAC counter for a lippie!
smile.gif
Now I have one question... on the Beau palette box, and on both empty palette boxes, they have the 'back 2 mac' on them... how do you go about doing b2m's with palettes???
icon_wink.gif
Oh.. another question! lol Can I use my pro card to order from the regular maccosmetics website? and what about phoning in orders for regular items using the pro #???
redface.gif

Ooooh Janelle, I'm gonna try that "Out to Sea" pencil - I'm gonna try doing my eyes like Bethany did with that pencil the other day....Oh how cute, you got your face in the mirror of that compact, you are toooo funny!!!
tongue.gif

Great haul, Janelle! I saw that you wanted to know how to depot your quad, and I found this info on the mac_cosmetics community on livejournal, courtesy of Son_Risa: (Janelle, if you want a code to join LJ for free, PM me! I believe I have some... Then you can log in to view these protected posts!)

Depanning a Quad

Someone asked how to depan a quad and rather than look for the other post, I figured I'd just make a new one and share it with everyone.

1.jpg

Run a thin knife around the edge of the "top" of the bottom part of the palette. You can pry it up and pop it off.

2.jpg

The previous step will leave you with this above. The top has been popped off and you are left with the shadows glued to the magnetic bottom.

3.jpg

Use your knife to pry the shadow away from the palette. You should be able to slide it underneath the pan quite easily.

That's it!

Latest posts

Back